Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ok members time to speak up...

We are going to have another contest in the near future, I'm asking for ideas on what to do. Give us some ideas on what you would like to see for a contest and what you would like to see as a prize as well.

Post up some ideas and we will see what we can do.

::::::mrgr een:

Of course the prizes will be donated from Motomummy.com (they just don't know it yet)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Put up a random picture and let the Photoshop guru's begin

As for prize i dont know... heh
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:43 PM
RacerX85

How about as a prize a set of pipes for our bike?
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
How about as a prize a set of pipes for our bike?
I like the photoshop idea...I just don't have it nor know how to use it...which is why i don't have a signature...but still a good idea.

As for a prize...possibly leathers?
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

you guys and gals need to think a little less then 1500 bucks for a prize...

keep the ideas coming though...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 PM
phil-osepher

A trackday paid for by MM to the winner's location and preference. Up to $200 or something like that...

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
A trackday paid for by MM to the winner's location and preference. Up to $200 or something like that...
SNIPE! Add me on for that idea.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Have people submit a Picture of something that would be difficult to get.... Within reason of course.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
7c Forever

how about "best mechanical walk thru" for the contest, and let it run several months and have a bigass prize. rather than several small "caption this pic" threads that we'll laugh at for a minute and then forget. Walkthru's are there forever.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a walkthru, but a technical post anyways.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Please explain what you mean by that jr? walk through?

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:10 PM
7c Forever

like a technical walk thru. For instance "here is a step by step procedure with pictures for how to disable your EXUP valves on a 2007 R1."

"here is a procedure for adjusting valve lash on a shim under bucket valvetrain, as seen on all modern Yamaha motorcycles."

"Here is a step by step procedure for how to align your braking system to reduce drag."

stuff like that. That way we've got tons of people entering and trying to 1 up each other by teaching each other how to maintain/modify their bikes, instead of making each other chuckle. And 2-3 years from now, we'll still have all this technical resources to go back and look at.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
like a technical walk thru. For instance "here is a step by step procedure with pictures for how to disable your EXUP valves on a 2007 R1."

"here is a procedure for adjusting valve lash on a shim under bucket valvetrain, as seen on all modern Yamaha motorcycles."

"Here is a step by step procedure for how to align your braking system to reduce drag."

stuff like that. That way we've got tons of people entering and trying to 1 up each other by teaching each other how to maintain/modify their bikes, instead of making each other chuckle. And 2-3 years from now, we'll still have all this technical resources to go back and look at.
very good idea.

Or

How about a step by step process on how to score that chick at the bar, while in turn coordinating your drunk friend jumping on her grenade of a fat friend

post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
7c Forever

now that would be the most usefull walk thru of all.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
junior's idea is DAMN good...

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
7c Forever

I'm just surprised this hasn't been done before now, I'm sure I'm not the first guy to think of it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I like that idea too jr, but it does narrow the scope of people who can enter, although that may be ok.

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
7c Forever

narrows the scope of who can enter, but massively broadens the scope of who can benefit.

if you're wanting to broaden the scope, you can award a prize to the person that requests the information aswell.

I just figure that there's tons of stuff that I know, but can't be bothered to post 'cause frankly it takes time and I'm busy and there's no benefit for it. All stuff that's on the "someday when I have time" list. But if there was a carrot on the end of the stick I imagine myself and many others would get motivated much quicker.

and it'd help to keep the site performance/mechanical oriented, not about the bling and cheap laughs.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 08-04-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yep I like it.... we will leave this open though to get more ideas for the future too...

keep posting guys...

I also see my auto merged worked on you last post...

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 PM
7c Forever

ya I didn't realize I'd hit the button twice. weird, I don't usually do that. can count on one hand the number of times I've done it on this site. Good timing for it to happen the night the thing gets set-up.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:18 PM
RacerX85

I like Jr.'s idea, but I can't contribute much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode