Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Passengers?

I know some guys like having female passengers and some hate it... I haven't been riding in a few months because my bf has an '06 gsxr 1000 and it literally feels like you are giving someone a piggy back ride and it's uncomfortable...is it just us or do any of you other guys notice this too??

FYI: This is also another reason why I am getting my own bike in 2 weeks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:17 PM
No Crying Allowed

I will give you an honest answerfor me anyway.

I have had some girls on my bike and I could never tell they were there. Although they were also < or= 110lbs they just had the correct balance.

Even though they had light weight and proper balance, it's still not as fun to ride with two up.

I don't ride two up at all on my sport bike anymore, I save that for the V-Rod.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I will give you an honest answerfor me anyway.

I have had some girls on my bike and I could never tell they were there. Although they were also < or= 110lbs they just had the correct balance.

Even though they had light weight and proper balance, it's still not as fun to ride with two up.

I don't ride two up at all on my sport bike anymore, I save that for the V-Rod.
Hmmm...I'm not sure what it is then...because it's even uncomfortable for me...I don't like wrapping my arms around the person, I put my hands on the tank...that's just more comfortable to me. He says balancing wise it's like I'm not even there because I actually lean with him and not fight it like other girls... I REALLY miss riding that 1000 though so I'm trying to see if there is some way that it won't be uncomfortable because I am going insane over here!!!!!
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
RacerX85

Honestly I hate taking anyone on a ride (unless they crash their bike on the twisties in which case it is their responsibility to yell "we're not gay!" at every stoplight, true story) because I don't trust the idiots driving these days. Not much I can do if someone decides to blow a light and smoke me, BUT I can make sure it doesn't happen to someone I care about.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:59 PM
phil-osepher

Riding two up on a sportbike completely sucks, and is completely impractical. There is NO enjoyment from it. Honestly, passenger seats on sportbikes are an afterthought. As the rider, you hate the extra weight, the bike handles like shit and it's an overall bad experience. If you are doing anything besides riding together 3 miles to the bike night, it's a bad idea.

If you want to ride two up on something, get one of these.....

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
Riding two up on a sportbike completely sucks, and is completely impractical. There is NO enjoyment from it. Honestly, passenger seats on sportbikes are an afterthought. As the rider, you hate the extra weight, the bike handles like shit and it's an overall bad experience. If you are doing anything besides riding together 3 miles to the bike night, it's a bad idea.

If you want to ride two up on something, get one of these.....
They just look so boring though...

I've had some some 115ish girls and never really had a problem. I only cruise with someones else's life in my hands.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:53 PM
No Crying Allowed

To be really honest if I had a 19 year old that weighed 110lbs I would still ride with her all day long....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
To be really honest if I had a 19 year old that weighed 110lbs I would still ride with her all day long....
it They are such problems though
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
No Crying Allowed

for sure

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:12 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1 View Post
They just look so boring though...

I've had some some 115ish girls and never really had a problem. I only cruise with someones else's life in my hands.
Each bike has it's purpose...and if I could only have 1 it wouldn't be a sport touring bike, it would be a sportbike hands down. But.....I have 3 bikes so an ST is in the mix.

Riding two up on it is outstanding, and riding alone I dare say I could probably hang with many of the squids out there posing on their GSXRZX's

It's meant for a different purpose, but when you utilize it for that purpose it is amazing.

post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderChick View Post
I know some guys like having female passengers and some hate it... I haven't been riding in a few months because my bf has an '06 gsxr 1000 and it literally feels like you are giving someone a piggy back ride and it's uncomfortable...is it just us or do any of you other guys notice this too??
My wife rides with me every so often, and honestly it's not the general riding that gets to me when I've got her on the back -- most uncomfortable part is braking for me. As much as she tries to support herself with a hand on the tank or hanging on to a grab rail, she still slides up against me, which sometimes leads to me getting squished against the tank....and that doesn't exactly make my boys feel happy.

She doesn't ride with me much anymore 'cause the passenger seat isn't the most comfortable of things, plus she really wants to get her own bike.
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagzomatic View Post
My wife rides with me every so often, and honestly it's not the general riding that gets to me when I've got her on the back -- most uncomfortable part is braking for me. As much as she tries to support herself with a hand on the tank or hanging on to a grab rail, she still slides up against me, which sometimes leads to me getting squished against the tank....and that doesn't exactly make my boys feel happy.

She doesn't ride with me much anymore 'cause the passenger seat isn't the most comfortable of things, plus she really wants to get her own bike.
well he even said himself that i'm the best passenger he's ever had...i mean, i don't hang on to his jacket when he takes off, so i'm not pulling him back...i don't push on him when he's braking so i don't push him forward, i lean with him...i mean pretty much it's like i'm not even there...it's just that the passenger seat is just SOOOO much higher than the front one so it's still uncomfortable...which is retarded...I guess the '06 and newer models aren't meant for passengers...which is completely understandable considering it's a liter bike...i just miss riding soooo much because i haven't been riding in months i'm just trying to find SOME way to make it comfortable for the both of us because I don't care if i'm passenger or not...i can't get enough of that bike!!!!! The first time I have ever gone 170mph in my life was on that bike...best time ever.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:

FYI: This is also another reason why I am getting my own bike in 2 weeks...
I've carried a passenger many times, this is from my experiences. Some girls know how to seat properly and some girls don't even I tried to teach them. Actually, while the bike is moving at a certain speed, especially on the highway, I prefer she made me feel like I'm giving her a piggy back ride as long as she knows how to use her legs to hold on to me and not put all her weight on me. This way is the most stable at higher speed and in corners, cause both of us kind of become one. What tires me the most, like Shagz stated, it's the braking. I actually don't like it when a girl seats too far behind, then I won't know if she is there or not after a certain speed, and it's kind of unstable in corners.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 02:50 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
In my experience, most of the girls leaned into me with all their weight. It felt like I was working my arms and chest out the whole time. After a while my wife got pretty good on the back and now I can hardly tell theres a second person on the bike. I've even taken her on the track a few times on open track days. Knee down with a passenger. Obviously this wouldn't be safe with just any passenger..
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 06:25 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
well he even said himself that i'm the best passenger he's ever had...i mean, i don't hang on to his jacket when he takes off, so i'm not pulling him back...i don't push on him when he's braking so i don't push him forward, i lean with him...i mean pretty much it's like i'm not even there...it's just that the passenger seat is just SOOOO much higher than the front one so it's still uncomfortable...which is retarded...I guess the '06 and newer models aren't meant for passengers...which is completely understandable considering it's a liter bike...i just miss riding soooo much because i haven't been riding in months i'm just trying to find SOME way to make it comfortable for the both of us because I don't care if i'm passenger or not...i can't get enough of that bike!!!!! The first time I have ever gone 170mph in my life was on that bike...best time ever.
leaning with = bad idea
it's not just the 06 and new, its almost any modern sportsbike

170mph eh? Ya that's really smart :r1budha

post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
When my wife is on the back I can barely tell as she doesn't lean into me so my wrists are going to snap off, she also doesn't hug me super tight as she braces on the footpegs to push her self forward, she always look over my shoulder that is the inside of the corner. In fact we can almost drag knee together. She has her own full leathers also.

Before I was with her though, in college, i've taken girls on rides and fealt like my hands were going to fall off in a few blocks. It all depends on the girls. Her weight and how she sits on the bike make a huge diff. I will NEVER take anyone close to my own weight on the bike becuase if you are headed to a turn and they freak out and lean the opposite way it's a nightmare fighting them and leaning into the corner.

post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:10 AM

all scooter, no cooter here.

no rear pegs, too broke for seat cowl.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:23 AM

Actually my wife never rode with me on the R1 (while I still had it )

Just too uncomfortable...

In a couple of years, when the kids grow up a bit and we have more time on our hands, I'm planning on buying a cruiser (V-rod, FJR, Rocket3,...whatever)...something we can both do the miles on in comfort.

You're 19 now, and I used to think exactly like you But now I'm an old fart, and the wrists, neck, back, hips, etc... are not very compatible with a sport bike anymore.

But at least I did it for close to 20 years... time to move on and join the cruiser community

But, back to the point, NO, a sportbike was not conceived to carry passengers.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium View Post
But, back to the point, NO, a sportbike was not conceived to carry passengers.
But they sure do showcase a girl's butt very well. :
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
When my wife is on the back I can barely tell as she doesn't lean into me so my wrists are going to snap off, she also doesn't hug me super tight as she braces on the footpegs to push her self forward, she always look over my shoulder that is the inside of the corner. In fact we can almost drag knee together. She has her own full leathers also.

Before I was with her though, in college, i've taken girls on rides and fealt like my hands were going to fall off in a few blocks. It all depends on the girls. Her weight and how she sits on the bike make a huge diff. I will NEVER take anyone close to my own weight on the bike becuase if you are headed to a turn and they freak out and lean the opposite way it's a nightmare fighting them and leaning into the corner.
You Got MARRIED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
But they sure do showcase a girl's butt very well. :
I've found that unfortunately the rear seat illusion of the female behind isn't always real. Tend to be let down once they get off and there is nothing there...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode