Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Rookie again

Home run record

Does Bonds deserve the title if he breaks it? I have my reserves but I was curious as to what you all think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Ask the Chief

fuck bonds.

that should about cover it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
fuck bonds.

I'm with you
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
doomsday machine

If A-rod keeps going like he is, Bonds won't last long at the top.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 PM
No Crying Allowed

Bonds is a prick, but if he get's it, he get's it.... and yes if he does he deserves it. Like others mentioned though, it won't last long.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Ask the Chief

yeap....that wouldn't break my heart.

bonds is fucking scum, making 200x more than he should. his only claim to fame is being able to hit a little round ball, and he had to take juice to help him with that!

take his salary and spread it evenly across all the local town little leagues....build a few new baseball diamonds and get them some gear. support the sport where it's still PURE and uncorrupted.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
, and he had to take juice to help him with that!
Don't let Budha hear this...
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
yeap....that wouldn't break my heart.

bonds is fucking scum, making 200x more than he should. his only claim to fame is being able to hit a little round ball, and he had to take juice to help him with that!

take his salary and spread it evenly across all the local town little leagues....build a few new baseball diamonds and get them some gear. support the sport where it's still PURE and uncorrupted.
Wow, angry much? I'm with ya though.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 AM

Quote:
fuck bonds.

Pretty much!

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1 View Post
Don't let Budha hear this...
and once again, something i said gets taken completely out of context.

so for the non moronic people, here is what i have said about Mr. Bonds.

1. No charges have ever been filed against the man.
2. In this country, people are innocent until proven guilty.
3. Nobody has ever been able to prove that Mr. Bonds has taken steroids, despite people saying they have proof, and writing books about it to enrich themselves.
4. No single player should be blamed for what is, in essence, a lack of control by the sport they have participated in.

Just because Mr. Bonds MAY have taken steroids, it does not mean that others haven't.

In fact, if you look at the FACTS, guess what you will find since steroid testing has been widespread and aggressive?
You will find that more pitchers than position players have tested positive.

So, does that mean we should actually start taking away records selectively from pitchers?
Does that mean we should put a big asterisk next to all of those no hitters by Nolan Ryan? After all, he pitched during the "steroid era". So did Roger Clemens. So did Curt Schilling who has been on and off the Disabled List since steroid testing has become aggressive.....hmmmmmm.

One also has to actually understand what steroids really do before one starts spouting off at the lip on whether or not so an so did such.

Steroids do not help hand eye coordination.
Steroids do not help muscle control.
Steroids DO help muscle recovery.
Steroids DO help prevent muscle breakdown.

So saying that a hitter, who relies upon bat control and hand eye coordination will greatly benefit from steroid use is not true.
A hitter will benefit from steroid use to help prevent and overcome small injuries.

So maybe we should be looking towards Mr. Cal Ripken? Because after all, he broke the "unbreakable record".

A pitcher on the other hand, would GREATLY benefit from using steroids to prevent muscle breakdown and recovery in their throwing arm, and this very reason is most likely the reason more pitchers have been caught than position players.
They stand the most to gain.

Whether Mr. Bonds has taken steroids or not, it is impossible to selectively mark a single record as tainted.
After all he may have been hitting against juiced up pitchers too.

no the real reason the home run record has been challenged is actually very simple.

Crappier pitching, smaller ballparks and better technology.

Their are now more teams in the Major Leagues than when Henry Aaron hit his home runs, and with more teams, comes more "mid-level" pitching. Which is why every year, from July 10-31, all you hear about in baseball is "what pitchers are available before the trade deadline?".

Throw in the fact that people now understand physics a lot better and have translated this into "that stick of wood they swing", and you can easily see in those wonderful "super Slo-Mo's" why balls are flying further than before.
The harmonics of a bat have greatly improved, allowing for a bigger "sweet spot", just like in golf club heads and tennis rackets.

A bigger sweet spot means more area to contact the ball and gain significant energy transfer to the ball.

Has Barry Bonds taken steroids?
I don't know.

and honestly, even if he has, no one can prove it, and no one can say for certain others he faced weren't also.

All of this is basically hyped up by the baseball writes so they can seem important.

It's no different that people saying we should put an asterisk next to Mickey Mantle's single season home run record (and they did for many years) because he had more games to hit them in than Babe Ruth did.

Quote:
GREAT!
Let's do that in football, basketball, soccer, bike riding, and racing too.

because of course, we never hear about drug use in any other sport.

Nobody has ever been stripped of championship points in NASCAR for illegal car modfications.

No motorcycle racer has ever been stripped of championship points because they tested positive for a banned substance.

no baskefootbaseball player has ever been convicted of taking illegal drugs, performance enhancing or not, and setting a bad example for children and fellow atheletes.

no.
never.

and dont even start on pedal bike racing..........

Last edited by R1Budha; 08-07-2007 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM
RacerX85

That's an interesting reply Budha, but can you elaborate on the part after you quoted Mark? I kinda sense a little bit of a non sequitur there.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
Nobody has ever been stripped of championship points in NASCAR for illegal car modfications.
NASCAR is the dumbest "sport" on the face of this earth.

Hey guys hang on we're making a left!!!....whoa nelly we're goin straight! Oh man another left! This is exciting!! God forbid we make a right!

Exciting...

On the other hand, you have an extremely good point about the whole Bonds issue...

WELL DONE!!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Ask the Chief

i love stirring the hornet's nest.....

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
phil-osepher

Barry who?

So, does him breaking some kind of record put more money in my pocket?

No

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderChick View Post

Hey guys hang on we're making a left!!!....whoa nelly we're goin straight! Oh man another left! This is exciting!! God forbid we make a right!

Exciting...

On the other hand, you have an extremely good point about the whole Bonds issue...

WELL DONE!!
Uh Oh!
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM
doomsday machine

Looks like he did it.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
Barry who?

So, does him breaking some kind of record put more money in my pocket?

No
it would have if you caught that ball!!! All i have to say about Barry is it's good to be the king, the King Of Swing!
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderChick View Post

Exciting...

WELL DONE!!
I'm not a fan of Nascar, but they do run on some road courses. Also, even though I hate to admit it, they must be doing something right, it is a HUGE cash cow.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
I'm not a fan of Nascar, but they do run on some road courses. Also, even though I hate to admit it, they must be doing something right, it is a HUGE cash cow.
Doing something right? More like pandering to the 70% of the country that is white trash.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Doing something right? More like pandering to the 70% of the country that is white trash.
Agreed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode