Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Victoria, Australia

About bloody time if it does happen. I reckon I can count on both hands, close calls and accidents caused by idiots on bicycles who ride without a bloody clue.

Quote:
Thursday August 9, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Bikes may be added to Vic driving laws

Changes to include bicycles in legislation covering death by dangerous driving could be introduced in a simple amendment to existing laws, Victorian police say.
Cyclists are currently exempt from potentially facing certain traffic charges because they are only deemed to be riding a vehicle and not driving a motor vehicle, Assistant Commissioner Noel Ashb y said on Thursday.

His comments come after cyclist William Raisin-Shaw was fined $400 after admitting running a red light during one of Melbourne's notorious Hell Rides last year.
James Gould, 77, died after stepping from the kerb into the path of a pack of cyclists who had run a red light.
There were no charges laid over Mr Gould's death.
Magistrate Charlie Rozencwajg admitted Wednesday's fine was "pathetic" but noted that Raisin-Shaw, 31, had been charged only with disobeying a traffic signal, not over the pensioner's death.
"I don't think anyone could have envisaged the circumstances of the Hell Ride, the tragedy that they could have caused," Mr Ashby told Southern Cross Broadcasting.
"On a bike, a person is deemed to be riding a vehicle and not driving a motor vehicle.
"If you are driving a motor vehicle, there is a range of other provisions that are available where we could proceed that actually create a far more serious offence."
Mr Ashby said it was an anomalous situation but the paperwork for legislative changes would not have to be extensive.
"I think it would be a simple amendment to include vehicles as well as motor vehicles. It would simply be expanding the definition to include all vehicles. There might be reasons why we can't, but I think it really does need to be looked at.
"This is the first time in dealing with bikes.
"Vehicles that now intentionally run through a red light and drive in circumstances that are clearly dangerous and someone dies or someone is seriously injured are covered and that's why there's a little bit of an anomaly here but it's one that simply wasn't foreseen."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 01:36 AM

e'hem! I don't think y'all should paint all cyclists with that big brush you got there.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 02:40 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
all cyclists are fucking morons

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
Now that is a big brush

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
All Fucking Morons aren't Victorian, but all Victorians are Fucking Morons
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 AM
phil-osepher

Over here in the states bikes are treated as cars for the most part, and it SUCKS. Driving in a lane for CARS is stupid. I was traveling through town and there were two lanes going my direction. The speed limit is like 45, and some moronic cyclist thinks he needs to use the righthand lane because he can. So, cars who are doing 45 to 55 have to slam on the brakes and try to merge, causing more danger because his slow ass is in the way. idiots....

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Petrol View Post
e'hem! I don't think y'all should paint all cyclists with that big brush you got there.
e'hem yourself, Not all cyclists are idiots, if you want to class yourself as an idiot cyclist, than I will paint you with a big f'ing brush. I ride a mountain bike but I'm not going to put myself in harms way on a thoroughfare or lead to causing an accident.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
damn cyclists should have to register and pay road tax if they are going to use it..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
damn cyclists should have to register and pay road tax if they are going to use it..
Completely agree with you on that.

But, if we are going to do so, we should get infrastructure, bike lanes and what have you.

But, yes, we should pay some kind of Rego. Would Drivers attitudes change if we paid rego and riders still rode in the lanes? I don't ride on the road until I get into the City CBD, because there, I move faster than the cars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode