Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Foster Parents Plan

Thinking of becoming a foster parents plan supporter. We would "adopt" 1 kid in a developing country and sponsor them with 25 euros a month.

Do you think this is money that's well-spent ?

I'd like to help a kid out there, but don't want to see the lion's share of my money end up in some corrupt official's pockets...

I just want to help one kid escape the cycle of poverty and give him/her a chance at a better life...

Any feedback ? What do you think ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
7c Forever

my brother and I foster an african kid. Costs us about $10 each a month. When we looked into it tho, we didn't want it to be some agency that is church run, discourages the use of condoms, etc. So all the places that we called we directly told them that "we are concerned that the child won't get a proper religious grounding." and basicly waited till one of them told us off, that's the one that we went with.

kind of low and misleading, but I don't wanna fuck around with that shit.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
No Crying Allowed

IMO you are better off to help children in your area. With some of these programs most of the money is all sucked up in admin fees and cost. I like to see a direct impact when helping people, but that's just my opinion.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:50 AM
RacerX85

If you are really that concerned go in person and adopt one.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:52 AM

angelina jolie style!! you can have a baby maddox or a baby zahara of your own!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez5000 View Post
angelina jolie style!! you can have a baby maddox or a baby zahara of your own!
I used to think it was bad that Paris Hilton used a dog as a fashion accessory, then I realized that Angelina does it with children.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:12 AM

I've been sponsoring a child from Children International for many years now. Seems like a legit organization.

http://www.children.org/

But sometimes I do wonder though, if everything is a setup? Throughout the years, they switched me once to another children. Every now and then, I will receive a letter from the children's mother. However, I remember the hand writing from both mothers are like the same lol

Anyway, this organization has been there for many many years now, if it's not legit, I'm pretty sure the gov would have closed them down already.

They always ask me if I want to visit my boy, but I just don't have the time right now.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 AM
FAsT BOYS

i bet only pennies actually get to the kid. the rest pays for salaries etc.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 01:22 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
i bet only pennies actually get to the kid. the rest pays for salaries etc.
+1 Sad. Fucked up sad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode