Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Misc thoughts...

I was sitting in the airport a few days ago, just people watching ya know while waiting for a flight. One thing stood out that just amazed me. For every 10 people, probably 8 were overweight, most of the VASTLY overweight. Blame it on the fast food and the all you can eat buffet? Or, how about the person putting the food into their mouths? Our country has a SERIOUS problem. When I see little fat ass toddlers wobbling around it's really sad :gun

Who am I to judge right? I'm not judging, I'm stating the obvious. Not sure what we are going to do about this issue, but there are probably many more out there which will trump it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
RacerX85

One of the phenomenon that affects obesity is the fact that people don't do anything exciting and active anymore. What do we do? Wake up, go to work, come home and watch TV. That is not a recipe for a healthy body.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
They were not fat, they are just big boned

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryassman View Post
So what. Let people eat. Too many people meddling other peoples affairs.

Every thing you don't like about someone else isn't a social concern.
Hilarious... I trust you wear slip on shoes and can't see your toes?

post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
They were not fat, they are just big boned
I've never seen a fat skeleton

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
One of the phenomenon that affects obesity is the fact that people don't do anything exciting and active anymore. What do we do? Wake up, go to work, come home and watch TV. That is not a recipe for a healthy body.

Very True. Combine that with the diet that society has.....and wow

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
7c Forever

well why don't we treat it like we're treating "global warming" and have clothes makers start making only size small.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Ask the Chief

let 'em get fat. not my concern.

post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
let 'em get fat. not my concern.

It could be One might walk by you, you catch a glance and your peripheral vision will be strained

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

I see I've stimulated yet another great conversation

Speaking of which, I need to drop about 15lbs

post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
I see I've stimulated yet another great conversation

It is a situation we cannot change. If that person is comfortable at the weight they are at nothing you or I say will make a difference.

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
7c Forever

it IS a free country (well less so these days, but that's for another time/place) and if they wanna be fat, that's their business.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Old and fast...

Go to Europe....food portions are much smaller than here in the US and you don't see fat people...

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
I really could care less. Sure they might hurt our health care system, but at least they die earlier...not my problem really.

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
You've a good point, however I still believe food and eating habit play a huge part of this. The US is not the only country in the world where people wake up, go to work, come home and watch TV, but yet the US has the worst overweight ratio. Yep food and eating habit still play a huge part.

:corn
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post

:corn

And your fat cause you keep eating that endless supply of popcorn

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Ask the Chief

Oncologist told me last week to start eating high protein, high fat foods. The chemo sheds the weight quickly. I lost 5 pounds in one week, and she wasn't real happy. Another 6 months of 5 pounds a week would be pretty damn bad. She cleared me for In and Out Burger....YES!!!!!

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Oncologist told me last week to start eating high protein, high fat foods. The chemo sheds the weight quickly. I lost 5 pounds in one week, and she wasn't real happy. Another 6 months of 5 pounds a week would be pretty damn bad. She cleared me for In and Out Burger....YES!!!!!
My doctor told me she's never seen somebody eat so much junk food and yet still be this skinny! haha

Surprisingly that made me change my eating habits and now I hardly ever eat junk food. Weird.
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
I really could care less. Sure they might hurt our health care system, but at least they die earlier...not my problem really.
Yeah, more food for me! No really. Fat little kids are the parents fault. That and kids don't go outside and do anything anymore. Too many are glued to the TV playing X box PS3 or whatever else. Sad really.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:28 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
Yeah, more food for me! No really. Fat little kids are the parents fault. That and kids don't go outside and do anything anymore. Too many are glued to the TV playing X box PS3 or whatever else. Sad really.
I just feel like letting everyone know that two weeks ago at the age of 22 I spent 45 minutes playing on a playgound. I rode the springy/bobbing horses, swung on the swings, and monkeyed around on everything. It was GREAT! So much better than computer games and all that crap. Kids these days don't even know what they're missing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode