Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Rider Down

I was out on a ride today and we just started out ride about (30 bikes) and we were just getting to the ride and there was a cop waiting for us and gave the front man a 78 in a 35 ticket. 1st bummer of the day.

So then we lost about 1/2 of our riders and then contuniuned on. So we went to a gas station hoping to meet some of the lost riders and then went out for a ride. 2 miles into the next adventure then a guy on a gixxer 1000 went down hard. We all stopped and assesed the damage. Lucklily one of the riders live 2 miles from the crash site and went and got his truck and we had to lift a 400+ pund bike up into a 3500 dodge duelly. The bike woouldnt roll. The frame was completley snapped in two and the front rim was squashed. So the bike had to be carried. The little dude was ok but paid cash for the bike and only had liability and just only had the bike for 3 months. A freaking gixxer 1k for a new rider. . So we went back to the guys house with the truck and hung out waiting for the downed riders wife to show up in their truck. So that was the day and we didnt ride anywhere really from there. Enjoy the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00027.jpg (192.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00028.jpg (206.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00029.jpg (280.7 KB, 19 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 PM
RacerX85

That sucks ass. WTF are people thinking these days? 1K for a new bike? Man, I can count on one hand and have fingers left over the people with enough talent/smarts to do that.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
that sucks ass. Cant believe the frame snapped
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
damn where'd the dude go down at?

IMO there is no reason someone couldn't buy a 1K as a first bike as long as they don't ride beyond their limit, like that guy most likely was doing..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
IMO there is no reason someone couldn't buy a 1K as a first bike as long as they don't ride beyond their limit, like that guy most likely was doing..
When's the last time you look temptation straight in the eye and didn't blink? Motorcycles and especially sportbikes bring out a side of us that has nothing to do with self-control or prudence.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Not enough riding experience and a K7 as a first bike usually concludes in this manner.

Glad to hear the rider is OK

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 AM
phil-osepher

mistake # 1, going out with 30 bikes.......
almost guaranteed that someone will get a ticket or wreck

At least dude was OK, but the bike....not so much

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:06 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Motorcycles and especially sportbikes bring out a side of us that has nothing to do with self-control or prudence.
that's the statement i'd expect from someone without enough maturity to swing a leg over a sportbike. i know PLENTY of people with a good amount of self-control, and they're the people i spend my time riding with. the people you speak of are the ones we go laugh at during bike night.

if you don't have self-control on a sportbike, maybe that should be your first clue to STAY THE HELL OFF OF ONE.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 AM
FAsT BOYS

whenever stone and i went riding with 3 or 4 of us it was cool. whenever there were more someone crashed and ruined our ride. forget that
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
that's the statement i'd expect from someone without enough maturity to swing a leg over a sportbike. i know PLENTY of people with a good amount of self-control, and they're the people i spend my time riding with. the people you speak of are the ones we go laugh at during bike night.

if you don't have self-control on a sportbike, maybe that should be your first clue to STAY THE HELL OFF OF ONE.
Or I can just ride track and not worry about trying to cage the inner beast. Don't chastise me for wanting to go as fast as I can on a machine specifically engineered to do just that.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 AM
7c Forever

going as fast as possible is one thing, but in my experience, when you're TRYING to go fast, is when you'll overdo it and be slower. "slow down to go faster."

I don't see a problem getting a 1000 to start on, PROVIDED that there's been some dirtbike experience, borrowing experience, etc. I mean to learn to ride the street, it's not a problem, to learn what your throttle/clutch/gearshift/brakes do? hell no, not even close.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
going as fast as possible is one thing, but in my experience, when you're TRYING to go fast, is when you'll overdo it and be slower. "slow down to go faster."
What is this "slow down to go faster" nonsense? : Screw that! KILL KILL KILL!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
7c Forever

LOL, man oh man.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Or I can just ride track and not worry about trying to cage the inner beast. Don't chastise me for wanting to go as fast as I can on a machine specifically engineered to do just that.
going 'as fast as you can' on the track and not having any self-control are two totally different things.

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
don't read this

Quote:
When's the last time you look temptation straight in the eye and didn't blink? Motorcycles and especially sportbikes bring out a side of us that has nothing to do with self-control or prudence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post

I'm with Firehawk here.. I know people who have enough self control to be able to learn how to ride on a liter bike. If someone is too stupid to ride within there limits than they should stay away from them all together..

Track is another deal.. Trying to go as fast as you can on the track you need to realize you can collide with someone that is on there too and kill them. All-in-All if you are someone that is too stupid to respect the machine or the people around them they need to never swing a leg over a bike in their lifetime.. There is consequences to all your actions

You can't make a general statement that nobody should learn on a liter bike because I know people who have.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
RacerX85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I'm with Firehawk here.. I know people who have enough self control to be able to learn how to ride on a liter bike. If someone is too stupid to ride within there limits than they should stay away from them all together..

Track is another deal.. Trying to go as fast as you can on the track you need to realize you can collide with someone that is on there too and kill them. All-in-All if you are someone that is too stupid to respect the machine or the people around them they need to never swing a leg over a bike in their lifetime.. There is consequences to all your actions

You can't make a general statement that nobody should learn on a liter bike because I know people who have.
I don't need to validate myself or be told how to ride. I'm not a newbie and would wager that I'm faster than most of you on here. Peace out.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
I don't need to validate myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85
I'm not a newbie and would wager that I'm faster than most of you on here.
:corn

Just kiddin with ya, bro....

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:43 PM

F the Newb!

The real story here is this is about the 100th post I've read where the frame on a new gen gixxer snapped after a crash......

Not good for us track whores
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
don't read this

Quote:
I don't need to validate myself or be told how to ride. I'm not a newbie and would wager that I'm faster than most of you on here. Peace out.
I'm making a general statement.. I guess all the "you" in it made you think I was talking directly to you but it wasn't..

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
FAsT BOYS

i always thought i was pretty fast until i went to the track. damn how humbling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode