Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Bike Broke Down Already.

I rode in to downtown phoenix to show my dad my bike because he hasn't seen it yet. That is about a 25 mile ride. All freeway. So then I'm sitting at home out front with my dad just talkin about the bike and stuff. The bike sat there (off) for about 20 minutes. Then I turned it on let it warm up yadda yadda yadda. Then I'm sitting at a light in the middle of downtown on Central Ave. The bike is in nuetral, and I'm just sitting there and the bike shuts off. Lights stay on, everything. Then the bike won't start. I pushed it off the busy road and on to the sidewalk because it was the closest place to put it. The bitch wouldn't start for 15 minutes. So then it finally started and I just let it sit there for a while. I thought maybe it was the fuel switch or whatever so I checked that and made sure it didn't accidentally get turned off or put in the reserve position. Nope. I couldn't figure out wtf was wrong with it, but it was running fine so I said screw it and headed back to James' house. I get like 3/4 of the way there and I get off the freeway and pull into a gas station. I turned the bike off...called James, told him what happened, and to see where he was. The bike was off for probably 10 minutes at most. Then I get on the bike and hope back on the freeway. Well, about 2 miles later I'm in the middle lane of the freeway cruisin at about 80 with traffic surrounding me. Then my bike starts slowing down...quick. I look down and no lights are on, like no gas light or engine light or anything. It looked normal. I try giving it more gas and it slows down even more, so as I'm trying to fight traffic and get to the emergency lane, my engine light kicks on and right as I'm slowing down on the shoulder, it shuts off. WTF? So I had to have one of James' friends come with a truck and trailor and bring it back to his house. I even looked in the tank and there was still gas. I don't get it. And no I didn't hit the kill switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
weird shit.. just shutting off randomly huh... it's a brand new bike or was it used?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
weird shit.. just shutting off randomly huh... it's a brand new bike or was it used?
2007. Bought her with 1.6 miles on it. Now there's about 220 or so.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 PM
don't read this

take your seat off and check your connections on your battery

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
take your seat off and check your connections on your battery
I'm gonna play around with it tomorrow and see if I can figure out wtf happened...if none of the guys can figure it out I'm just gonna take it down, I have the warranty on it anyways. I'm just so pissed off that it happened.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:23 PM
No Crying Allowed

The best part was....... "and no I didn't hit the kill switch"

Sorry for the bad luck.... but take it back to the dealer and tell to fix your shitz.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Sorry for the bad luck.... but take it back to the dealer and tell to fix your shitz.....
:imwst Sorry for the bad luck. We've all had our share of bike problems....I cant stand dealing with trying to get shit fixed under warranty. You pay for the service but when it comes tijme for them to deliver they fuck you over. Good luck with getting it figured out.

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
:imwst

Glad the bike didn't shut off itself while moving...
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
The only thing I will say is don't try to fix the bike, take it back to the dealer ASAP and have them resolve this problem.

The bike slowing down while you giving gas, would indicate the bike has a fuel starvation problems.

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Check the choke

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Ta Moko

Take it back and demand a new one. in fact here's your change to upgrade to the better newer model

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:20 AM

My Yamaha Seca II did that , and it was a dead cell in the battery. Exact same stuff that happened to you happened to me, make sure they check that as well.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
definitely check the batter connections and try and charge it and see if it starts. sounds like something with the charging system for sure.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm just gonna make THEM come get the bike. And THEY can figure it out. And THEY can fix it. And THEY can pay for it. And THEY can deliver it back to me. I'm not gonna do anything, it's their responsibility now.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Ask the Chief

ummm...OK.

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok I lied...it's killing me...I'm gonna go out there and try to figure out what happened hahaha
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderChick View Post
Ok I lied...it's killing me...I'm gonna go out there and try to figure out what happened hahaha

Just relax, the it to the dealer and everything will be fine, you will see.

post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
No Crying Allowed

It's a kawi....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:28 AM
don't read this

Where something cute and provocative.. You'll get better service

post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:

It's a kawi....
BLASPHEMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode