Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Talking Getting smart with dad...I think not

My daughter's B-day (12) is in a few days, and she has a few friends (4) over today to celebrate. Plus, her grandparents are here. With her friends she seems to be the "leader" type, and her g-parents obviously spoil the shit out of her. She is getting older too, so sometimes she can clash with mom as well, this leaves dad to be the administrator of good welfare and discipline in the household.:gun

So we were singing her Happy B-day, she was opening gifts etc....I was taking pics and just hanging out. She already has the tendency to be the center of attention, so as usual she is hamming it up for the camera and just being herself which is cool. She starts getting a little smart with her mom though, I guess she felt because everyone was there she was entitled to say whatever. Mom tells her to stop and she keeps going on, says a few smart things and that was my cue to put on the dad hat. I didn't want to embarrass her too badly, but I wouldn't let her punk mom out in front of everyone either. I see it all the time, spoiled ass kids punking out mom and dad and the parents just kiss their ass.

So I proceeded to put the firm voice on, and tell her that I didn't care if her friends were there or not, she needed to calm down. She was turning 12, not 24 and she needed to recognize who ran the show around here, and it wasn't her. Oh, and don't look at me sideways either, or this party will be over quick....understand???

you could have heard a pin drop...

I lightened the mood by looking at the other little girls and asking if they wished their dads were as cool as I was

Anyone else enjoying the ups and downs of parenting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
My 3 year old son bosses my wife around like nothing, he only listen when I step in.

Kids are great but they do add stress to your life.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Gee I can't wait for all that shit. Daughter 13 months and twin boys 8 months.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Old and fast...

My son still doesn't have a clue and he's 30...getting better tho....

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 PM
No Crying Allowed

the fun times...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
best thing to say "you have 3 seconds to tell your mom sorry, before you are sorry"

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
FAsT BOYS

"have you bumped your fucking head?" happens to be one of my personal favorites. haha
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 PM

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Not there yet, but I'm sure it wont be too many more years away...

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 AM

I know exactly what you mean

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Spare the rod....

Well done
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 AM

I feel your pain.

I have a 14yo who gets a little to big sometimes too. I hate the way she looks at me when I make her do homework or tell her to clean her room.
But the worst is when she smarts off to her mom. I can't stand to see her disrespect my wife so that's often when I bust in like John Wayne.
It's either that or she will be 1 of those worthless people that doesn't respect anybody or anything.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 AM
jimmy crack corn

your a great dad keep up the good work
my daughter is only 4 , words could not explain my love for my children. but Im willing to risk the feeling that she might hate me when i lay down the law to get a well rounded ,polite adult in the end.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Mummy Man

Make sure you lay down the law when she starts dating so you end up with a bf who fears you. He should fear you like he would being bent over nakid and hand cuffed in a san francisco all male spa club.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
Make sure you lay down the law when she starts dating so you end up with a bf who fears you. He should fear you like he would being bent over nakid and hand cuffed in a san francisco all male spa club.
haha corey why are you even thinking about that.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking

Quote:
Show him that scene from Pulp Fiction Corey

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Mummy Man

snair: he said he has a daughter...and laying down the law. when i hear a dad talking about a daughter and laying down the law it's not cause of her mouth but a bf LOL Just the stereotypical thing that pops in my head.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
FAsT BOYS

hahaha nice i agree my girl is only 2 1/2 but there will be hell to pay
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Thing is though that mom needs to step up. Kid is thinking she runs the show, even if she knows that you're the alpha male in the family she's setting herself up as alpha female, you don't want that.
I understand that your wife may find it hard to put her foot down (so that the kid realizes once and for all that she's the kid) but it's perfectly possible to be a loving mom and have the kid respect her when mom says no, you just need to find the right balance point.

Strict but fair is the keyword to Mrs. Kneedragger. She's 12 now, it's your "last chance" before she becomes a teenager. Talking helps, and asking the right questions (no yelling) and have mom do her own talking.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
He should fear you like he would being bent over nakid and hand cuffed in a san francisco all male spa club.
That sounds scary. Looks like your speaking from experience thoughSure Vale would like to hear more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
Thing is though that mom needs to step up. Kid is thinking she runs the show, even if she knows that you're the alpha male in the family she's setting herself up as alpha female, you don't want that.
I understand that your wife may find it hard to put her foot down (so that the kid realizes once and for all that she's the kid) but it's perfectly possible to be a loving mom and have the kid respect her when mom says no, you just need to find the right balance point.

Strict but fair is the keyword to Mrs. Kneedragger. She's 12 now, it's your "last chance" before she becomes a teenager. Talking helps, and asking the right questions (no yelling) and have mom do her own talking.

Serious note though,:imwst Sounds like you need have Mrs. Kneedragger pull out a can of woop ass everyonce in a while. That or introduce her to some Physch-ops guys so she mess with your daughter's head.
</IMG></IMG>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode