Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
flat screen for bedroom

It looks like hdtv's look like shit on normal cable tv? is this true? We don't have hdtv right now, but I still think it's stupid not to get an hdtv as everything is going in that direction. It seems like the quality of the screens very drastically from model to model even. Not even manufacturer to manufacturer, but brand to brand. One hdtv looks great when the one right next to it from the same maker looks like shit.

Help? Suggestions? ideas? anyone? thanks guys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

anyone?

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
It will look like crap on regular cable and look some what decent on digital. Hd will look great. Direct Tv has the most hdtv channels and all their channels are all digital. Digital cable, channels 1-60 or something arent digit and are just standard cable. Cable and Digital channels will look better with regular types of tvs. The SED tv which is part of the tube technology and will be flat screen should get rid of this crappy look but isnt released as of yet i believe.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/sed-tv.htm
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Everyone has their own cliche. When I was out doing the same thing I wasn't 100% sure what type of picture I really wanted. I was first looking at Plazma, But didn't really like the smoothness of the picture. I like a nice clean sharp image.

I ended up with an LCD and have loved it since I got it. I have ran regular cable through it have have noticed a big change. If you want HD get a Blue Ray DVD player and enjoy it that way. Never really seen enough HD channels on any cable networks to upgrade. Just my .02

Here is what I ended up with

The AQUOS LC-46D82U LCD Television sets a new standard for large-screen flat panel TVs. With Full HD 1080p resolution, dramatically enhanced black level and an elegant new design, it produces a breathtaking picture quality that is second to none. The LC-46D82U utilizes Sharp's proprietary Advanced Super View/Black TFT Panel with multi-pixel technology, providing 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, 4ms response time and wide viewing angles (176 H x 176 V). In addition, the LC-46D82U includes 120 Hz frame rate conversion for superior fas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg getimage.jpg (2.0 KB, 38 views)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Thanks guys. Really sucks that normal tv comes in so bad on an hdtv. You would think it would be as good as a normal tv and only get better when an hdtv signal comes through. You would think...

but it's not...

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
i cant tell the difference either way...

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
Thanks guys. Really sucks that normal tv comes in so bad on an hdtv. You would think it would be as good as a normal tv and only get better when an hdtv signal comes through. You would think...

but it's not...

Question is why buy it if your are going to watch regular TV??

I watch alot of movies and really didn't care if I had regular cable

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
No Crying Allowed

The problem is this.... Normal TV has an aspect ratio of 4:3 HDTV is 16:9, so if you take a standard cable input and stretch it to 16:9 then it looks like ass.

You picture is only as good as the source, if you have crap going in then you have crap going out. It's really that simple.

When dealing with standard cable the hdtv will display the image as good if not better then a standard tv, but you will have side bars on the screen or you will choose to "Stretch" the image, which turns the image into a stretch version and making things wider then they are normally.

Bottom line is, until lately with Directv launching 100+ channels of HDTV it has not really been worth the expense of an HDTV to only get a couple of channels in true HD. Now that they have a full lineup of HD, it's so much better and makes watching TV more enjoyable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
The problem is this.... Normal TV has an aspect ratio of 4:3 HDTV is 16:9, so if you take a standard cable input and stretch it to 16:9 then it looks like ass.

You picture is only as good as the source, if you have crap going in then you have crap going out. It's really that simple.

When dealing with standard cable the hdtv will display the image as good if not better then a standard tv, but you will have side bars on the screen or you will choose to "Stretch" the image, which turns the image into a stretch version and making things wider then they are normally.

Bottom line is, until lately with Directv launching 100+ channels of HDTV it has not really been worth the expense of an HDTV to only get a couple of channels in true HD. Now that they have a full lineup of HD, it's so much better and makes watching TV more enjoyable.

+1

and even our local stations are broadcasting in HD, you can tune in to " WEHT " on a regular channel , and it looks like ass , or you can tune to HDWEHT and it is awesome, all major networks here do that , so basically any network show you're watching can now be viewed in HD.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

so an hdtv will look worse then a normal tv if on a normal cable channel/input correct? is there anything can run hdtv and look great and also look good on normal tv?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
so an hdtv will look worse then a normal tv if on a normal cable channel/input correct? is there anything can run hdtv and look great and also look good on normal tv?
The normal SD (standard Definition) channels will look just fine as long as you keep the ratio to 4:3, if you try to expand them to 16:9 then they will look like ass. Also if your cable is not very good, then they will all look like ass. They actually look like ass on most SD TV's, but you can't tell because the normal 4:3 SD TV's can only display SD anyway. The key is when you have a TV that can display 1080P then everything else looks bad after seeing it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode