Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Wtf????

What ever happend to having rights?? I understand that smoking is hazardous to my health and also understand that in public areas that I am putting others at risk.. But is really horse crap

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California motorists will risk fines of up to $100 next year if they are caught smoking in cars with minors, making their state the third to protect children in vehicles from secondhand smoke. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday signed a bill that will make it an infraction to smoke in a vehicle if someone under age 18 is present. But the traffic stop would have to be made for another offense, such as speeding or an illegal turn, before the driver could be cited for smoking. The ban, which takes effect Jan. 1, joins a string of smoking prohibitions adopted in California, including a ban on smoking in enclosed workplaces and within 25 feet of a playground. A Harvard School of Public Health report issued last year said secondhand smoke in cars can be up to 10 times more of a health risk than secondhand smoke in a home. "Protecting the health of our children is among government's highest responsibilities," said the bill's author, state Sen. Jenny Oropeza, a Democrat. "It is clear that increasing public awareness about the dangers of secondhand smoke is the right thing to do." At least 20 states and a number of municipalities have considered limiting smoking in cars where minors are present. Arkansas now bans smoking in cars with children age 6 and younger, while Louisiana has limited it when children 13 and younger are in the vehicle. Maine lawmakers will take up the issue in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Flyby View Post
What ever happend to having rights?? I understand that smoking is hazardous to my health and also understand that in public areas that I am putting others at risk.. But is really horse crap

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California motorists will risk fines of up to $100 next year if they are caught smoking in cars with minors, making their state the third to protect children in vehicles from secondhand smoke. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday signed a bill that will make it an infraction to smoke in a vehicle if someone under age 18 is present. But the traffic stop would have to be made for another offense, such as speeding or an illegal turn, before the driver could be cited for smoking. The ban, which takes effect Jan. 1, joins a string of smoking prohibitions adopted in California, including a ban on smoking in enclosed workplaces and within 25 feet of a playground. A Harvard School of Public Health report issued last year said secondhand smoke in cars can be up to 10 times more of a health risk than secondhand smoke in a home. "Protecting the health of our children is among government's highest responsibilities," said the bill's author, state Sen. Jenny Oropeza, a Democrat. "It is clear that increasing public awareness about the dangers of secondhand smoke is the right thing to do." At least 20 states and a number of municipalities have considered limiting smoking in cars where minors are present. Arkansas now bans smoking in cars with children age 6 and younger, while Louisiana has limited it when children 13 and younger are in the vehicle. Maine lawmakers will take up the issue in January.

Ok.....I was pissed when I read Smoking in cars. I did not see the key word " With Minors" on this story. I will admit that no one should be putting kids at harm by smoking. :comperror

Sorry If I missed read this story and went into a rant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by R6Flyby; 10-11-2007 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
7c Forever

I will say tho, that there's serious persecution against smokers. It's a bit of a pet peave of mine when people walk past someone that's smoking and make real loud coughing gestures, glare at them, etc, etc. Ok, you don't wanna smoke, that's fine, but it's not like walking past someone on the street that's smoking is gonna kill you, so give it a damned rest.

I'm sure those that smoke are aware of the health consequences and have chosen to do it anyways, or are making an effort to quit. Either way, further persecution isn't helping the situation.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
yah, because it's minors I can't say that i'm really against this.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Whimps

I grew up with people smoking around me all the time. Smoke develops character

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
That explains a lot about you biga j/k

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
That explains a lot about you biga j/k
My problem is that, they were not cigarettes that they were

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:17 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
My problem is that, they were not cigarettes that they were

Bienvenue a Neuveau France.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I will say tho, that there's serious persecution against smokers. It's a bit of a pet peave of mine when people walk past someone that's smoking and make real loud coughing gestures, glare at them, etc, etc. Ok, you don't wanna smoke, that's fine, but it's not like walking past someone on the street that's smoking is gonna kill you, so give it a damned rest.

I'm sure those that smoke are aware of the health consequences and have chosen to do it anyways, or are making an effort to quit. Either way, further persecution isn't helping the situation.

I agree Junior, in your example. But in other instances... I was on a ride last weekend and a few friends and I stopped at a bike hangout for a drink etc. We were sitting outside in chairs lined up against the building. This guy sits down to our left, lights up a huge cigar and just blows the smoke all over us. I mean shit, what about a little consideration? I like a cigar every now and then, but others might not, and I definitely didn't feel like having that shit blown in my face that day.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Advanced Member

sorry but our country is out of control- people bitch about everything and demand these laws, and some day everyone is going to wake up and go "wow, where did all these laws come from, and damn I can't take a shit without someone complaining about it and giving me a fine"
I am really tired of the BS
Love our country , but this was probably started by some suburban housewife who doesn't even have kids, but is bored and needs something to make herself feel like her life on this planet is justified, so she goes and "takes care of others who know no better"
stupid
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 AM

I think this is a good law and is long past due. Smoking in cars is especially dangerous to kids in car seats. It's too bad that common sense is lost and we have to have a law put in place to bring it to people's attention.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
I agree with the law.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:22 PM
No Crying Allowed

I agree with it too, it sucks to see a baby in the back seat and the mother or father smoking in the front.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM

the whole baby thing, i agree with, unforunately there's just not TOO much we can do about it as a whole, i totally am on the side of smokers of anti-further-prosecution. they all know the risks and continue to do it, it's their own choice. as stated before, just because you walk by someone smoking outdoors, no reason AT ALL to make them feel like shit. there's a time and place for everything, and it suites multiple things and situations.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
smoking around Kids aint cool anyways. sets a bad example...

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM

R6Flyby is like a b!tch, just read part of a sentence or story, then keep standing hard on that little part...
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
R6Flyby is like a b!tch, just read part of a sentence or story, then keep standing hard on that little part...
Hell yeah... Ever hear of prohibition?? They are doing the samething with smoking. I don't mind smoking outdoors or not smoking around Kids or even non-smokers. But when I seem not able to smoke in your car?? I was getting all worked up

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Hell yeah... Ever hear of prohibition?? They are doing the samething with smoking. I don't mind smoking outdoors or not smoking around Kids or even non-smokers. But when I seem not able to smoke in your car?? I was getting all worked up
They should ban smoking in the car regardless any condition just for you...
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
I was getting all worked up
Poor MV

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
Poor MV
Poor MV? You mean MV should feel lucky...
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Poor MV? You mean MV should feel lucky...

Most likely they were both hard up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode