Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Gixxer.com ads?

WTF- it's a new myspace for bikes....

There are 26 ads on the main forum page now.....

Wholey Fuckshit.............. That's pretty sad when a forum becomes a ad portal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
no comment since we sponsor there, but the place has added a ton of google ads all over the place. I am shocked they didn't put any in the left/right margins though . They are a hell of an advertising campaign and it's very up front. I'm curious what the members think of the ads everywhere to be honest. It's a badass forum, but I hope it's not so overly googlized that it hurts the forum.

post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Whoops..... I forgot you sponsored that site too......lol

but it's not the normal ads, it's the 15+ google ads on top of the otthers ones....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
It's not just gixxer.com as i'm seeing them on many other forums lately also...

Last edited by gsxcorey; 10-20-2007 at 12:48 AM.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
You can always ask mpdgsxr1000 he is an admin there.

post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I've been to a few forums lately that fade to an ad screen saying "This forum is brought to you today by ___________" ,and then the ad pops up with no way to go back to the forum without clicking 'back'. Really annoying.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Nice touch to the top of this forum LOL

"You won't find Google Ads here - So please enjoy the site!"

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrds10 View Post
Nice touch to the top of this forum LOL

"You won't find Google Ads here - So please enjoy the site!"
I guess that's my way of poking fun at these other forums that are filled with too many ads and a bunch of google ads as well.

So how do you guys feel? Do you like all the ads that it seems are being put on almost all bike forums? I try to keep it simple and only put up a couple of rotating banners. It seems some people are only concerned with the amount of money a site can bring in? Me personally I would rather have a clean site with a couple of small ads rather then 15+ on one page.

I'm interested in the thoughts of the members here on this though.

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Lets put it this way. If you put google ads on here i leave

haha

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

that's what I thought... no worries...

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post

So how do you guys feel? Do you like all the ads that it seems are being put on almost all bike forums? I try to keep it simple and only put up a couple of rotating banners. It seems some people are only concerned with the amount of money a site can bring in? Me personally I would rather have a clean site with a couple of small ads rather then 15+ on one page.

I'm interested in the thoughts of the members here on this though.

few adds, and set to generate randomly when you open a page, not to rotate at a given interval, that shit gets mega-old mega-fast.

I do like the cleanliness of the site tho. Albeit I nearly had a heart attack when that christmas skin came on next year. "omfg, what the fuck has happened! we've been hacked!"

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I already have one for Halloween too.... lol

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
well atleast I know it's coming this time, LMAO.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Can you make a Rainbow theme for Biga's birthday?

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
^ Thanks, but my Birthday already passed

post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
phil-osepher

google ads are ghey

lemme get a poll of people here who have actually clicked on one.......ever....? Not I

post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
7c Forever

not on purpose anyhow.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Adblock plus addon to firefox and they don't exist )for me at least)
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
Adblock plus addon to firefox and they don't exist )for me at least)
If your talking about this site... that's because we don't have them.... lol

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
If your talking about this site... that's because we don't have them.... lol
I think she means in general..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode