Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
San Diego Fires..

Man o man.. fires went from 2 fires to 7 in San Diego county. A huge chunk of San Diego has been evacuated here... My job at 24 closed down and the roads are literally covered with cars trying to head west. TO make it worse Santa Ana winds blowing up to 70+mph are going to stick around for another 3 days... The sky is litterally brown to smoke and ashes are everywhere... Ill get some pics for you guys...

heres satilite view

Last edited by Hellbound; 10-22-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Conditions of the patients currently hospitalized at UCSD Medical Center-Hillcrest are: 3 Firefighters are in Critical Condition
1 Firefighter is in Fair Condition
4 Civilians in Critical Condition
4 Civilians in Fair Condition
1 Civilian in Good Condition

Injuries are: Critical:
60% burn injuries
29% burn injuries
28% burn injuries
12% burn injuries
8% burn injuries w/inhalation damage
5% burn injuries w/inhalation damage
5% burn injuries w/inhalation damage

Fair: 17% burn injuries
9% burn injuries
10% burn injuries
6% burn injuries
5% burn w/inhalation damage
Good: 4% burn injuries

Latest evacuation notices

8:32 a.m.
Here are the latest evacuation notices. Over 30,000 Reverse 911 calls have gone out.

Coronado Hills Fire (in San Marcos): Notifications made to 1,000 residents in the communities of Coronado Hills and Discovery Hills in San Marcos and to Attebury Rd. and Deadwood Rd. They were evacuated to Escondido High School.
Mission (Fallbrook) Fire: Notifications made to Rainbow Area residents (I-15 on west, Rainbow Valley on the north, Pala Temecula on the East and Pala Rd. on the south) instructing residents to evacuate to the west.
Witch Fire: Evactuation notices have gone out to Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve; Del Dios; Lake Hodges; in Poway at Espola Rd., Old Coach Rd., Heritage Rd. and Stage Coach Rd. Reverse 911 notification has been made for Poway in the area bordered by Pomerado on the west, Twin Peaks on the south and Espola on the north and east. Poway has established an evacuation center at Poway Civic Center.
Harris Fire: Notifications have been made to residents of Mother Grundy Truck Trail and Deer Horn Valley. They were evacuated to Steele Canyon High School. Future evacuatees will be directed to Santana High School in Santee. Mandatory evacuation in progress for Coyote Holler. They were evacuated East to Campo. Mandatory evactuation notices sent for areas north of Lake Wohlford. Residents should call 2-1-1 for all non-emergency calls related to this fire. Due to large call volume, residents are also urged to find fire information online at www.211SanDiego.org Residents may also call the City of San Diego Community Access Phone at 619-570-1070 for additional fire information.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
No Crying Allowed

I just hear about these from our sales staff, we have many customers down in that area and they are all talking about it this morning.

Sucks to see....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Wasn't me...I swear...

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Ask the Chief

Doing OK guys. The only fire close to me is the Harris fire, and it's not close. So tragic sitting here this morning and watching people's lives go up in smoke on live TV. Seems like someone could get out there with a hose and do SOMETHING. been thru this before four years ago....i'm sure a few of you know about it. my grandparents lost everything in the Old Fire in San Berdoo. Millions of dollars up in flames, as well as hundreds of years of family history. even lost a set of plates that came across with the settlers in the 1800's.

the pics i took of what remained still breaks my heart. i was a week old when i got my first bath in that house. was just always one of those places that you'd love to go....happiness, family, and great food.

this is bringing back awfully bad memories.

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
My sister in-law lost her house in '03, and now she's been evacuated again. Fortunately I'm not in any danger myself. Even if the fires were to head my way there is no brush within a mile of me. Now, my own sister is not far from the Rice Canyon fire, but she's east of it so hopefully she'll be fine. I was living in Santa Clara in '03, so this whole thing is new to me.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

8 fires are 0% contained..
The fires have burned about 100,000 acres in San Diego County, said county Supervisor Ron Roberts. Across the region, 40,000 acres — or 62 square miles — had burned by Sunday

250,000+ evacuated and other areas are starting to get the call....

Last edited by Hellbound; 10-22-2007 at 11:33 AM.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Glad none of you have been directly affected by these. Hope the weather will shift and let them get a handle on them.

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

im watchin the news and they are just letting the fire go, and evacuating people ahead of the fire.. They have no choice due to the winds and wont be able to stop the fire.... They have already shut down my brothers area 15 miles away from me and closed down my job 10 miles away from me. The 15 freeway has been shut down in the area as well.

I guess the military is about to get involved as well from what the news was saying.. Its crazy on tv, they been bringing in prisoners to help out with the fire..
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
No Crying Allowed

They are saying the winds are 70-110 mph DAMN... no wonder it's so out of control.... That is crazy.

There are many many fire fighters from norcal here headed down to try and help.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
No Crying Allowed

They even made a google map of them...

CLICK HERE

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

they cant use airplanes or helicopters today due to the debree in the air and the winds... Santa Ana is making this fire a bitch
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:18 PM

can't this thread be moved to Anything Goes?

Be safe dudes

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/loo...res_oct07.html

Last edited by ffwf; 10-22-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
can't this thread be moved to Anything Goes?

Be safe dudes

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/loo...res_oct07.html
why? This is a California thread where a bunch of us are from? Seems it would fit in this thread since its happening in Cali.

So over 500 structures have been destroyed... over 300 more damaged and all the fires are 0% contained...
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Ask the Chief

those pics are of malibu bro....

and, putting it in a more general section would allow other people that care about us to follow what's going on.

post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium View Post
Wasn't me...I swear...

You know, as soon as i saw it in the news i though about posting that you were the one who started those fires
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 11:03 AM
phil-osepher

that sucks man.......and yet I wonder how many will rebuild on the same spot, as if it wont happen again...

glad to hear everyone that is a member here is OK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode