Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Offensive e-mails....

Well they promoted this "sales manager" to VP Branch Operations....and he is bucking to be general manager of the whole operation...

He sends these e-mails out to everyone, and some to me (I don't work for him), like he is ordering me to do something....my boss told him once to knock it off because he isn't my boss...

He has sent me two e-mails and one note to another co-worker about me that I find extremely offensive...(said in the note, I was incoherent.....I went into his office to talk to him man to man, and he told me he was too busy to deal me me, and to deal with it myself". I gave the note to my boss and told her he blew me off.

The one I got this week, I replied that I found his e-mail extremely offensive and told him why.

His response "get over it"..."I have a job to do"...

I have never had to work with a complete asshat before and obviously, this stuff doesn't bother him at all...

Personally, I just don't find offensive e-mails acceptable in the workplace...even if it has to do with work.

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
hit reply. Go to subject and type "Refused, return to sender" then hit the send button. Repeat as many times as needed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:42 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
hit reply. Go to subject and type "Refused, return to sender" then hit the send button. Repeat as many times as needed
LMAO, I like that. That's a good approach.

Maybe try responding to him in a different language aswell. If you behave ridiculously enough, he'll eventually have to come and talk to you to see what the fuck is going on, at which point you'll have an opportunity to actually talk to him.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Old 10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
phil-osepher

document everything, place an official complaint with your HR Dept. Claim you are offended and feel that he is creating a hostile work environment. Any HR Dept will have to investigate...that should be enough to slow his roll (if he values his job). Your company can't afford a lawsuit, thus making HIM more expendable than ever before.

It's like when someone gets a sexual harassment suit filed on them, even IF they are found innocent, they will always be labeled.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Quote:
Good suggestion...I could also create a rule in Office e-mail which automatically moves all of his e-mails to delete...

Steve
Old 10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
document everything, place an official complaint with your HR Dept. Claim you are offended and feel that he is creating a hostile work environment. Any HR Dept will have to investigate...that should be enough to slow his roll (if he values his job). Your company can't afford a lawsuit, thus making HIM more expendable than ever before.

It's like when someone gets a sexual harassment suit filed on them, even IF they are found innocent, they will always be labeled.
:imwst
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

That might work in a normal company, we don't have an HR department....I was to get medical benefits Oct 15 (after 3 months)....I sent two e-mails to the President about it and so far, she has given me nothing...I don't think they GAS.

Steve
Old 10-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
kneedragger/shagz the only problem is when you do official complaints you get known as a rat and could shoot yourself in the foot. Often there are better approaches. IMO an official complaint should always be the last resort

Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
kneedragger/shagz the only problem is when you do official complaints you get known as a rat and could shoot yourself in the foot. Often there are better approaches. IMO an official complaint should always be the last resort

It all depends.....when I worked for *gag* corporate America my company had over 25,000 employees.....so if you shit on one department you could always switch and nobody would ever know

Another thing to remember is, if the shit really hits the fan and you have no documentation, no history of complaints, then it is your word against theirs and you have no ground to stand on typically...

Last edited by kneedragger77; 10-27-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:42 PM

Tell him his attitude is the reason why people go postal and to stop harrasing you. Leave no paper trail though.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I would put his name in my spam mail file, so when he send an e-mail it gets deleted right away.

If he is not your boss, I would try to ignore him like he was a cockroach

Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
That might work in a normal company, we don't have an HR department....I was to get medical benefits Oct 15 (after 3 months)....I sent two e-mails to the President about it and so far, she has given me nothing...I don't think they GAS.
I think its time to find another job.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
KICK his ass... Sounds like hes been in the military...

Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
sent two e-mails to the President about it and so far, she has given me nothing...I don't think they GAS.
Think? Let's be straight here, NOBODY gives a shit. Do YOU really give a shit about your co-workers, other than what they can do for you? Probably not, and you really could care less about them outside of your 8 hour work day. Same for them, they could give a rats ass about you, and as long as everyone realizes this there is no big problem.

People are selfish, backstabbing, underhanded, self serving, fake assholes for the most part. You just have to realize it and play the game. For the most part, in this world, nice guys finish LAST. Sad but true.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Leroy Jenkins His Ass!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Steve....not really sure where you were going with that, but I removed it for content.

Check your PM's.

Steve

Last edited by Firehawk; 10-27-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in