Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Beavis' Track bikes 1st ride

Yes thats right. I finally got to take the bike out to the track and not just the neighborhood. I haven't even gotten to take it to the little go-kart track some of you make fun of me for riding. Nope this was a BIG track. My neighbor that rides a GP125 invited me out. So I loaded up the new toyhauler and another freind of mine to help and cruised down to Pueblo, CO. (Yes left the kids and the wife at home!) I took the CBR600rr as a back up bike just incase the monster(thats what I call the track bike) failed or crashed. Cause you know I spent many many hours and a lot of beer putting this thing together so I was a bit nervous.

So anyhow. The monster did just fine. I had to tighten up the suspension a bit and the steering damper because it was a bit wobbly coming out of the corners. At est.135mph in the straight real smooth. I had some tire slippage in the corners. The tires that is on it now are the Pilot's it came with. Also I need to fab up some new rear set brackets. I kept dragging my pegs.

So the only problems I incurred was having to take off the little bolts on the underside of the pegs and I also ran out of gas and had to push it back to the trailer So i put on probally 50+ laps and I was so sore and tired but it was all worth it.

Next is some safety wireing and jetting and fork seals and the most inportant thing my MRA#
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (401.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0218_edited.JPG (134.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0208_edited.JPG (74.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0224_edited.JPG (60.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0202_edited.JPG (102.4 KB, 7 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Awesome Beavis, glad you had fun bro....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
FAsT BOYS

very nice beav
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Beavis,
Have you got any pics of the Pilots, just want to see how they held up?
Glad you had fun and yes I'm jealous

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Beavis,
Have you got any pics of the Pilots, just want to see how they held up?
Glad you had fun and yes I'm jealous
..Pic #1 is the rear and pic #2 is the front

they did well but a few times would slip coming out of the corners

My wifes cbr600rr tires look more shreadded then this and she has the same tires. I rode her bike on my test day for racing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct29 001.jpg (136.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg oct29 002.jpg (140.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by beavisr1; 10-28-2007 at 09:19 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
..Pic #1 is the rear and pic #2 is the front

they did well but a few times would slip coming out of the corners

My wifes cbr600rr tires look more shreadded then this and she has the same tires. I rode her bike on my test day for racing.
Thanks for the quick reply Beavis, what pressures were you running bud?

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

abouts 35 each I should probally run less but I will figure it out in the end

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Cool Cool... so you weren't hung over from last night? I know I was this morning

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:18 PM
doomsday machine

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
Yea, but that could be nothing more than the shock and suspension setup or tire pressure.

Pilots are great street tires, but ya gotta try Power Races...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode