Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Useless citation of the year award...

Useless citation of the year award....

Ok...Palomar cop writes me up for TINTED WINDSCREEN....like if you had to look through a windscreen on a sportsbike, you couldn't ride it....

I am headed up the mountain behind a A T & T truck..

So saw two cops below, decide to take it easy and check out the mountain for debris and other things...

Guy pulls over to the right for me...I say to myself..."lots of cops, don't cross the DY"...go by and wave, .....50 yards up the hill...cop pulls me over for crossing the DY....

So I explain to the officer, I know you guys are up here and this is my first pass....I made it a point not to cross the DY when I passed his truck...

TS...writes me up and gives me a fix it ticket for tinted windscreen...

So if I rode my bike and had to look through the stock windscreen, I wouldn't be able to control the bike?...

I tell him....Ok while you were writing all this up, every car that passed was over the DY...

They just don't want us on the mountain...left a message for Larry at TrafficDefenders.com

Sheit and karma happens, I guess...

#26708 (A)...

Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver's View

26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.

(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors which are mounted forward of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows which are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or termini signs upon a passenger common carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere with the driver's clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

(8) The rear window or windows, when the motor vehicle is equipped with outside mirrors on both the left- and right-hand sides of the vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and which occupies an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the rear of that window and which provides the driver with a wide-angle view through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center uppermost portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not greater than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of the California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on public or private roads or facilities.

(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if the following conditions apply:

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(2) The material is not red or amber in color.

(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other lettering does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the windshield.

(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent than the windshield without the material.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.
Amended Sec. 77, Ch. 1154, Stats. 1996. Effective September 30, 1996.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS

Last edited by Older Guy; 11-10-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

This one should be pretty easy to get out of.... It's very clear that you do not look through the windscreen on these bikes.

Draw them a picture if you must... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
This one should be pretty easy to get out of.... It's very clear that you do not look through the windscreen on these bikes.

Draw them a picture if you must... lol
So what's the point of the ticket in the first place, other than police harassment...

Steve
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:55 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
So what's the point of the ticket in the first place, other than police harassment...
you stated it yourself....they want you off the mountain

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
FAsT BOYS

is palomar a place where a bunch of shitbags ride?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 PM
No Crying Allowed

YES, IT'S SQUIDVILLE from what I hear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:36 PM
phil-osepher

the deals gap of california?

lol

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
is palomar a place where a bunch of shitbags ride?
Yeah...they have sirens and lights on their vehicles...

Steve
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:

that's not too cool....... there are many great cops out there, it's just like sport bike riders, there not all bad man.

You saying that makes you no better then them targeting you as one of the squids.

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
that's not too cool....... there are many great cops out there, it's just like sport bike riders, there not all bad man.

You saying that makes you no better then them targeting you as one of the squids.
When they go out of their way to write tickets like this, they are shitbags...last year I filed a complaint against a Vista CHP for threatening me...my complaint was sustained and he was removed from the field....but did they throw out the ticket, no...and I have a Point against my record because of this asshole...

And now I get found by another one?

Then there is Officer Stout at ACH who spends all his time pointing out your illegal blinkers.

Steve

Last edited by Older Guy; 11-10-2007 at 08:08 PM.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
When they go out of their way to write tickets like this, they are shitbags...last year I filed a complaint against a Vista CHP for threatening me...my complaint was sustained and he was removed from the field....but did they throw out the ticket, no...and I have a Point against my record because of this asshole...

And now I get found by another one?

Then there is Officer Stout at ACH who spends all his time pointing out your illegal blinkers.
hahaha hmmm maybe they shouldnt have illegal blinkers. are there a bunch of houses on palomar or is it out in the middle of nowhere?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 PM
No Crying Allowed

I was thinking the same thing.....

If your going to break the law, expect and be ready to deal with it when it happens.

AS for you being an older guy riding bikes and being targeted... my advise would be to find some new area to ride rather then with the rest of the squids.

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
hahaha hmmm maybe they shouldnt have illegal blinkers. are there a bunch of houses on palomar or is it out in the middle of nowhere?
It is out in the middle of nowhere, but there are houses on the mountain and homeowners have been known to pour sand and oil on the road...and I have witnessed a homeowner tirade against us at the top of the mountain....that guy needs to move...

I think the issue is complaining homeowners and also deaths on the mountain...

But this tactic is really stupid....ticketing tinted windshields...their fuggin' morons...

Hand out discount trackday tickets...

Steve
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
It is out in the middle of nowhere, but there are houses on the mountain and homeowners have been known to pour sand and oil on the road...and I have witnessed a homeowner tirade against us at the top of the mountain....that guy needs to move...

I think the issue is complaining homeowners and also deaths on the mountain...

But this tactic is really stupid....ticketing tinted windshields...their fuggin' morons...

Hand out discount trackday tickets...
im not trying to be ignorant but i think there is a whole lot of poor me syndrome out there. the guys riding that road have caused the problem. im not ok with the sand or oil pouring but if i lived there i wouldnt want a bunch of dickheads speeding past my house and endangering me or mine. as for the guy needing to move, why? he bought his house. discount trackday tickets wouldnt stop the bitches from speeding and being unsafe there. i think after going on both trackdays and racing the ones who will take it to the track do and the rest just talk shit about how fast they would be or whine because they cant ride the way they want to on public roads.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 PM
No Crying Allowed

Put yourself up there in a house and see how you like it... it's just as dangerous for those people as it is you on the bike...

Find a damn track or ride legally.... nothing pisses me off more then people getting pissed about breaking the law and getting caught....

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

OMIGOD..broke the law with a tinted windscreen....what a bunch of crap...and I didn't cross the DY made damn sure of that....

Steve
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM
No Crying Allowed

I told you that was BS and you could win that one easy... the reason you got that ticket is because of where you were riding... That's it... it's pretty simple and you knew this would happen before you even left the house too I'm sure... lol

It's in the papers every other week down there....

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM
FAsT BOYS

i think you may be missing the point, or maybe i am. until all of the wanna be racers get off of the road and quit dieing there there will continue to be an active law enforcement presence.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:

Sorry EveR1ast, I had to laugh.

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Ask the Chief

went to palomar one time.....and won't go back. there's a good group of guys that go there, but it's offset by a larger group of idiots. on a small, two lane mountain road, you SHOULD NOT be getting passed inside and outside by other bikes, trying to set record times getting to the bottom (and....there are groups that run that hill for time....). i'm not surprised cops frequent the hill, and i'm even more not surprised that they'll pull anyone and everyone over on a motorcycle for stupid shit.

THEY'RE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. RACE BIKES AND THE IDIOTS THAT RIDE THEM AREN'T WELCOME ON PALOMAR.

now that may not describe US, but it describes 60% of the REST of the crowd that goes up there.

it's pretty fucking bad to say that i'm worried about OTHER bikes. the one time i went i had TWO other bikes come at me across the DY like it was no big deal. FUCKING RIDICULOUS. and if you don't believe me, enjoy a few of these gems....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_19929.jpg (135.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_20188.jpg (127.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_20196.jpg (91.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_20702.jpg (114.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_21862.jpg (132.0 KB, 4 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode