Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Direct TV

Here is the quote I just got from them. I have 3 TVs, only one with HD capabilities. Based on that, here is what they offered.

Channel line-up: Over 200, with 40 in spanish. My monthly rate would be $49.99 for the first year, moving to $60 or so after that.

Equipment Choices:
1-HD Programming (HD receiver) plus 2 standard receivers. FREE installation
2- Standard DVR (no HD), plus 2 standard recievers. FREE install.

The problem is, I want the capability to watch HD television AND record (DVR) on my HD TV. In order to do this, they said I have to have their HD DVR. This means a $298 fee up front.

This is strange, because with cable, my DVR is a standard off the shelf variety. I told the dude I still watch HDTV, he said I couldn't without an HD DVR. I asked him, then why am I watching programming in 1080i? He says, oh, I guess you can then...

Looks like I'll have to pony up $298 if I want the HD DVR, maybe satellite is different than cable. :comperror

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
i'd say go for it but then again i don't want you having a better tv setup then me so....don't do it! go cheap and basic until i get the setup i want LOL

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 AM

Did you look at Dish Network? I've been happier with them than I was with DirecTV.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
Did you look at Dish Network? I've been happier with them than I was with DirecTV.
Do they have a good HD line-up?

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
No Crying Allowed

No..... lol

I already gave you my opinion so I haven't replied... lol

Directv gave me a HDDVR for free but wanted 200 bucks for the second HDDVR.... as for programming, nothing comes close to Directv on HD channels. In time all of them will have the same HD channels, but they are the first to put out over 100 channels in HD.

I have had Directv for 8 years and HD for about 4 years, in the past the HD was not worth it as there were only a few channels, but recently they have added a bunch.

I could not live without it... and the DVR kicks ass as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
R1Lover you're spoiled bro

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
No Crying Allowed

not at all bro.... I have worked my ass off for the last 20 years.... that's all.

If I was spoiled I would have a new house on 20 acres, new truck, new vette etc... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
No..... lol

I already gave you my opinion so I haven't replied... lol

Directv gave me a HDDVR for free but wanted 200 bucks for the second HDDVR.... as for programming, nothing comes close to Directv on HD channels. In time all of them will have the same HD channels, but they are the first to put out over 100 channels in HD.

I have had Directv for 8 years and HD for about 4 years, in the past the HD was not worth it as there were only a few channels, but recently they have added a bunch.

I could not live without it... and the DVR kicks ass as well.

I knew it!! See, there is no consistency across the board if they are letting some people have free HDDVRs. All I want is ONE, and they want $300?? For a customer that is thinking about switching over from cable you'd think they would pony up

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
No Crying Allowed

I think the difference there is I have been a customer for so long, they have never given me any upgraded etc except for the new 5 lnb dish and this HD DVR recently. I think the longer your are a customer the more they are willing to give you.

Look for specials though, you might be able to find a nice package deal as a new customer.

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode