Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Looking for an SUV??

I ran into this story. Holy Cripes!!!! $98 for a tank of gas?

Bankrate.com
$100 fill-up coming to pump near you
Friday November 16, 6:00 am ET
Terry Jackson

With speculators running up the price of a barrel of oil to the $100 range, there can be little doubt that the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline is headed for $3.50, and maybe even $4, before there's any sort of fallback.
While such price hikes will increase the pressure on new vehicle buyers to look for more fuel-efficient vehicles, there's a real sticker shock awaiting those who need or want a big sport utility vehicle or pickup truck.
Those vehicles are among the thirstiest gas-guzzlers, delivering an average of 14 to16 miles per gallon in combined city-highway driving if a driver is judicious with the gas pedal.
The real shock for drivers of these automobiles will come when the tank approaches empty and it's time to fill up. Because they burn a lot of fuel, these vehicles have larger gas tanks, which can mean that the final total on the gas pump can be frightening.
How frightening? How about $100 per fill-up?
At $3.50 a gallon, getting change from a Ben Franklin is not likely to happen very often. And on some vehicles, it will cost more than $100 to fill up.
Here's a list of some of the biggest budget busters on the market, including tank size and how much it costs to fill an empty tank at $3.50 a gallon:

Fill 'er up
Make and modelTank sizeCostChrysler Aspen SUV27 gallons$94.50Ford Expedition SUV28 gallons$98.00Infiniti QX56 SUV28 gallons$98.00Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV31 gallons$108.50Chevrolet Suburban SUV31 gallons$108.50Chevrolet Avalanche SUV31 gallons$108.50Hummer H2 SUV32 gallons$112.00Ford Expedition EL SUV33.5 gallons$117.25Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD pickup34 gallons$119.00Dodge Ram 2500 pickup35 gallons$122.50Nissan Titan pickup37 gallons$129.50Ford F250 Super Duty pickup38 gallons$133.00
Of course, as the price of gasoline rises, owners of more economical vehicles like the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry will also get wallet shock. Both cars come with 18.5-gallon gas tanks that would cost $64.75 for a fill-up.
We all need to drive, and while the ultimate measure of economy is the number of miles that can be squeezed from a gallon of fuel, it's worth considering what you're likely to be spending when that tank runs dry and to factor it into your budget. Sign up for Bankrate's car and money newsletter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Nissan Titan pickup
37 gallons
$129.50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga

Get a diesel Suv your $100 will go a lot further

I believe Nissan is coming out with a new diesel for 09

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I"m getting ready to buy a new GMC Sierra Crew Cab.. with FlexFuel so I can fill up on E85

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

E-85 is really going up in price also. you may be able to save maybe .40 a gallon.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 AM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Flyby View Post
E-85 is really going up in price also. you may be able to save maybe .40 a gallon.
ya it's more of a long term decision for me.. E85 and other Ethanol based fuels I think will come more prevalent in the future, I was thinking of getting the "Active Fuel Management" System but living in CO there are too many hills for it to actually work for me.

but .40 a gallon filling up maybe 1-2 times a month.. adds up over time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

I just want to see all the jerkoffs with Expeditions, who can barely afford the $299/month payment, go out and buy gas @ $4/gallon.

I am still rockin the Z06 to work everyday! F the man,
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Hell, it costs me $45 just to fill up the new Fusion I just bought when its almost empty w/ a 17gal tank.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Resident Redneck

^ DJ, just out of curiosity, what is the average price of Diesel where you are????

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I"m getting ready to buy a new GMC Sierra Crew Cab.. with FlexFuel so I can fill up on E85
Flex fuel... expect to pay double when the price of corn goes thru the roof... LOL LOL

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
that is nuts...yes gas is getting out hand. I'll be riding the bike to work as soon as the weather allows

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
we meat again

Bah! You guys should feel lucky when the gas prices here are twice as much as you...

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 AM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Bah! You guys should feel lucky when the gas prices here are twice as much as you...
True but you pay more taxes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRmyers View Post
Flex fuel... expect to pay double when the price of corn goes thru the roof... LOL LOL
Corn is subsidized so that is good, but they are finding ways to use the husks and scrap plant parts that are usually just left in the field to make ethanol.. We will see

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
^ DJ, just out of curiosity, what is the average price of Diesel where you are????
no idea...I'll try to remember to look next time I'm filling up

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Quote:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10-18-05.pdf (93.6 KB, 3 views)

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Resident Redneck

Thanks, that is not that bad at all

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
I just want to see all the jerkoffs with Expeditions, who can barely afford the $299/month payment, go out and buy gas @ $4/gallon.
Shoot the Suburban we just had stolen was a 40 gallon tank, and our payment was <$500.00 I wish mine was only $299.

BTW 87 octane where I work is at $3.69 now...

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
Shoot the Suburban we just had stolen was a 40 gallon tank, and our payment was <$500.00 I wish mine was only $299.

BTW 87 octane where I work is at $3.69 now...
Just think of the money your saving

Sorry man Bad joke

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
its been my understanding that flex fuel you get far worse fuel economy , but I dont know what to believe anymore

David
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Ask the Chief

$4 is still cheaper than a cup of Starbucks....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode