Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Van Halen 2007

Wife bought me tickets to the show for my birthday a few months ago. I've been into VH ever since the 1984 album hit the shelves. I was fully prepared for a Lee Roth-Eddie VH meltdown, but hoping against hope that the show would go on.

Well, the concert was last night. Here's my take on it....

- They still ROCK. They sounded great, and I was incredibly surprised. Really thought they were going to rougher than they were for not playing together in almost 20 years.

- David Lee impressed me. Still has his voice, and can still hit the full range of notes. Only problem was he spent most of the night yelling instead of singing, because the guitar/base were turned up SO LOUD. He also threw down a couple of kick-turns, but he moves more like a 50 year old now. He also forgot lyrics several times, including the end of Panama! Wolfgang (Eddie's son...now the bassist) had to walk over and whisper in DLR's ear that he was singing the wrong song. DLR immediately turned to the crowd, started laughing, and said "it's been 20 fucking years, what do you expect out of me?!". All four of them began laughing about it...was cool to see the band looking HAPPY for a change.

- Eddie is still one of the greatest guitar players on Earth, but he's rusty on the old stuff. It was totally apparent. He also took 'artistic liberty' on every song, overplaying the shit out of them. I like it when they play a bit differently than the album, but Eddie was all over the place. It was like every song was an "Eruption" solo. Got a bit old after awhile.

- Wolfgang filled in for Michael Anthony very well. His vocals sounded great, and he didn't miss a beat with the base. Funny seeing a kid that looks like the old chubby sweatshirt-wearing Jack Osborne on stage with VH.

- Both Eddie and David had buzz cuts and were in great shape. Looks like they spent some time getting ready for this tour.

- As expected, they didn't play ANY Van Hagar songs. Only the old stuff.

Overall, it was great to see them rocking an arena again!

Not to mention....was also great to see the hot chick sitting on the opposite side of the stage that kept whipping her tits out to DLR everytime he'd go near her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
doomsday machine

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Nice, but were they able to get up from their wheelchairs at the end of the show
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Nice, but were they able to get up from their wheelchairs at the end of the show
I thinks so, but they won't be able to JUMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

yay sounds like a good time.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 PM

yeah I saw them in Boston on Oct 30th, and I agree with everything you mentioned
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Van who???:r1budha

J/K I seen them when they came to the cities:dj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode