Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
can't wait for plastics to be done to ride...

Yup, i just can't wait to get the plastics done and hop on the bike again. should be anyday based on the lovely weather outside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow 061 [500].JPG (215.0 KB, 14 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Ya, that snow should melt by March or April

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

you kidding me man? april maybe, but sand/salt EVERYWHERE. They have to sweep the streets before i ride and they don't sweep them until there is no chance of snow which is normally first part of may.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
Ya, that snow should melt by March or April
:imwst lol

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Resident Redneck

We got so much snow, will be lucky if it melts by August

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
I can't imagine living somewhere I couldn't ride year round...

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

I miss living in NJ and snow as much as I miss...............wait, I don't fu(king miss that crap at all
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
I can't imagine living somewhere I couldn't ride year round...

Summer = Motorcycle

Winter = Snowmobile

We do ride all year, we just have to switch machines :

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
No Crying Allowed

Sucks to be you guys, I will do a video this weekend so you can at least remember what it's like...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

r1lover: i ever tell you how much i hate you from oct-may?

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Ask the Chief

you're brave to take her out on those roads...

i was worried about a little bit of rain today, and you're going motocrossing with yours...

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
r1lover: i ever tell you how much i hate you from oct-may?
I haven't rode in a month... it's about 50 during the day and if it's not raining it's too cold for my old ass... lol Some people just dress for it, but I would rather do other things then freeze... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 AM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I haven't rode in a month... it's about 50 during the day and if it's not raining it's too cold for my old ass... lol Some people just dress for it, but I would rather do other things then freeze... lol
50.........to cold..........

You SISSY.....50 is great riding weather!!

:
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

lol kwcomp i would be out there if it was 50 as well haha. this snow is already getting old lol we had -10 degrees yesterday and it fealt like -25 with windchill

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Exactly. Powerband is phenominal when the temps are between 50 and 60. Dress a little warm so the wind doesn't get to you as much, and you're good to go.

Last time I rode, was first weekend in November. The track had frost on it in the shadows. I was nervous hitting the gas too much as that 450 would spin out on me in hard pack. Jumping was moderate because of being slick with the frost as well.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 09:05 AM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Sucks to be you guys, I will do a video this weekend so you can at least remember what it's like...
It's funny how, even with the shorter riding season around here, I've managed to put on way more miles than you this year... :
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

lol shagz...haha nice! probably more than me by far. Damn bike was ripped apart being worked on for most of it's time out of the dealership.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Denver is cool you get all the benifits of winter without the down time of not being able to ride all year. I rode 4 days ago and there is now snow on the ground and I am sure in just a few more days I will be able to ride again. When I lived in Illinois I would maybe ride till thanksgiving and then put the bike up till March. Also here 6 inches of now is not a big deal. Sonw one day ride 3 days later unlike the mid-west snow 6 inches and the whole area is closed down. Welcome to the land of SUV's LOL I think there is a 1 suv for every family. How ever there is a down side. Everytime it snows I see many suv's in the ditch. F'N californian and texan transplants. Damn people see snow and flock to the dealerships and get an SUV and not get a lesson in driving in the snow LOL...

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

How is the salt there though? Here, once it's snowed or ice on the road, they coat everything in salt and/or chemicals. Not worth ruining a bike over.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:25 AM

I love So Cal. I just rode to work. Haha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode