Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

omg call Bruce Willis!!

ok ok so it's not gonna hit us! Just a bit outside the moon tho that's pretty fek close!

I guess the real concern is more here:

http://www.tu24.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=77
Quote:
I believe that the greatest potential for danger will come in the form of TU24 being an asteroid whose plasma discharge with Earth may cause great chaos, even though it is hundreds of thousands of kilometers away.

Plasma is the fourth state of matter, and one that we know little about. 99.999% of the universe consists of this plasma.

Astronomers hold the theoretical assumption that bodies in space are electrically neutral. An electric comet or asteroid would strike at the foundations of the theoretical sciences. A few months ago, a surprise happened.

On October 24th, 2007, Comet Holmes was the largest object in our solar system. 42% larger than our sun. For no apparent reason, it erupted from a very dim magnitude 17 to about magnitude 2.5 and its coma expanded to 2,000,000 km diameter.

The unpredictable behavior from Comet Holmes can be explained by the breakdown of the plasma sheath that forms around a charged body in space. A plasma sheath insulates the charged body from the charge of the plasma outside it. Across the wall of the sheath, called the "double layer," there is a strong electric field. But when that wall breaks down, the result can be an explosive instability with accompanying electric discharge.

Because of Comet Holmes just a few months ago, scientists are starting to seriously consider the 'electric universe', or plasma cosmology.

Plasma Cosmology acknowledges the electrodynamic nature of all things in the universe. In this non-mechanical view, gavity and inertia are joined by other forces to create the universe we know (and don't know). Plasma is not electrically neutral, but is a superconductor that can carry electrical charges throughout the solar system.

IT IS POSSIBLE that asteroid 2007 TU24 is negatively charged like Holmes and will react when it enters our magnetosphere in a few days.

According to plasma cosmology, the difference in the electrical potential between Earth and TU24 will result in a plasma discharge between the two when TU24 reaches Earth's magnetosphere (as it is destined to do, from the calculations).

The question is, is it charged like Comet Holmes?

I believe if TU24 affects us, it will most likely be in this way. The chances of TU24 being a negatively-charged asteroid and hitting our magnetosheath is greater than the chances of a direct impact with Earth. Our magnetosheath extends a minimum of 65,000km in the direction of the sun, and even further out in the direction opposite the sun.

Here's what the sheath looks like: http://www.mpi-hd.mpg.de/dustgroup/~...h/Image241.gif
Other links:

http://www.plasmacosmology.net/
http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=66b0jzyh
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/20...3tunguska2.htm
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/TheUniverse.html

Videos about the electric universe:

or
http://www.thunderboltsdvd.com/thund...quicktime.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 AM
No Crying Allowed

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about this..

that was a good movie!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:58 AM

:corn
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
So we are all going to die tomorrow... hmmmm

I need to go get a hooker

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
^ :imwst

But two would be better

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
What ever....if we all die, I won't know the difference...

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 PM

It's 29th here already and I'm still typing... guess I'm safe...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
^

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Good thing i got a killer good telescope for christmas. I get to see the end of the world up close while its happening LOL

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
phil-osepher

I saw this thing on tv today that was talking about the super volcano that could erupt and wipe out civilization. I have NO DOUBT that it is possible, but really...what are we supposed to do, sit around and worry about it? It's not like we could control it

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
phil-osepher

hmmm, just watched the 2nd vid

guess I'd better go stock up on canned peas and SPAM

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
7c Forever

it's come and gone now guys.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 PM

i'm glad we're all not dead!! we all just received a second chance at life, carpe diem!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Ask the Chief

humans are a minor surface infestation, and mother nature can shake us off at will.

a catastrophic event WILL happen again, just a matter of time.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
SHIT!!!!!!!

I just dropped 9G's on some hookers and a hotel room... damn alarmists.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I just dropped 9G's on some hookers and a hotel room... damn alarmists.
It was worth it and you know it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode