Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Stupidest thing youve ever done on a bike

I have many but this is probably the dumbist.
Im out riding up in Minnifrickencolda in 20 degree weather. It was relatively warm. Well Imriding over to my girls house and all of sudden the FJ stops running. So I glide right and stop then, start pullin the bike apart. Seat ,airbox, tank, battery are ALL on the ground when I see my ski gloved right thumb has hit the kill switch!

Heres you sign.

Post up your silliest story and maybe we can have a winner at the end of the year.

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
18 Years old, night time, riding a CB100, feeling a bit sick I turned my head right to have a mild chuck out of my open face helmet and by the time I faced forwards again I was approx 10 feet head on to gutter going about 60 mph. I Evel Knievel'ed for about 20 feet, the bike flew up in the air in pieces and then a big piece decided to land on top of me. Yes it fucking hurt . Got away with a small cut in my thigh, mild concussion and some bruising on my back. Bike was back together in week, damn they make Honda's tough back then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA View Post
I have many but this is probably the dumbist.
Im out riding up in Minnifrickencolda in 20 degree weather. It was relatively warm. Well Imriding over to my girls house and all of sudden the FJ stops running. So I glide right and stop then, start pullin the bike apart. Seat ,airbox, tank, battery are ALL on the ground when I see my ski gloved right thumb has hit the kill switch!

Heres you sign.

Post up your silliest story and maybe we can have a winner at the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
18 Years old, night time, riding a CB100, feeling a bit sick I turned my head right to have a mild chuck out of my open face helmet and by the time I faced forwards again I was approx 10 feet head on to gutter going about 60 mph. I Evel Knievel'ed for about 20 feet, the bike flew up in the air in pieces and then a big piece decided to land on top of me. Yes it fucking hurt . Got away with a small cut in my thigh, mild concussion and some bruising on my back. Bike was back together in week, damn they make Honda's tough back then.
Where were you heading before the mild chuck?
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 04:40 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
150mph on one wheel past a cop car

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
150mph on one wheel past a cop car
haha
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
haha
i won the special prize for that one...

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Ta Moko

Riding a 1982 GSXR 1200 from Melbourne to Cairns in 2 1/2 days. Passing road trains at around 140-mph, legal in NT. The year was 1988, It was summer too so I could ride from 5am to 10pm

5,000 KM = 3,000 miles

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 AM
No Crying Allowed

A trip to tahoe one night to go party.... ended up loosing all my money gambling and got in a fight with the g/f. Rode home at 2am and it started snowing... I made it but it was a cold mother on the way home and about an hour of it going 25 mph straight up and down...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Two girls in a BMW, thought I grab their attention by blipping throttle. Totally forgot to put it in neutral. Needless to say, try imagining my head and body jerking back and forth from blipping the throttle, TWICE!!! :laugh
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
.....................Where were you heading before the mild chuck?
Down a straight road, I veered and hit a side road corner gutter on the apex

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Flipped a 600 once when a wheelie went wrong...

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 PM

Drove between a 18-wheeler and a car on I-294 around Chicago going about 95
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
A few years ago I was on my F4 and a freind of mine was on a borrowed F2. So we were in Boulder Colorado at a restaraunt called La Iguanas and drinking margaritias. Way buzzed and we rode(with then my girlfreind and now wife on the back) Back to our house in Denver and passing cars at 130+ and going in between cars left and right. So we made it home in one piece. And my freind decides to get back on the borrowed bike and go to a party. He was a dumb ass and was revving the engine at this party and some one called the police and he left. And 4 blocks from the house he got pulled over and got a DUI. And he had the nerve to call me at midnight to bail his dumb ass out. LOL I said rot in jail for being stupid. Never again did I ride buzzed. I got lucky and me and my lady made it home in one piece and not arrested for driving 130 in between cars on the hiway.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM

I have two that tie.....
One, riding home from Great Lakes Illinois in March through a freezing rain..Shoulda seen the looks I got on the Loop!!!
Second, going through turn three at Pahrump and looking down at my knee to see just how far out I had it... Didn't wad it but it was close!!!!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Ask the Chief

first day of a 5 day vacation to Ocotillo Wells (dirt bikes). had a great day of riding, came back to the camp all fired up. helmets came off, rum and cokes came out, and down the hatch they went. an hour later, i find myself taking my buddies brand-new YZ-250 for a test ride. of course, the alcohol is the only gear i need....so no helmet.

a few kids in the camp next to us are building a jump out of a dirt pile. this isn't some tapered, smooth supercross jump...it basically goes straight up...and straight down. i hit it a few times, kinda slow, to the cheers of the kids. the cheering takes over all rational thought, as i click the bike into second, and barrel right into the jump. front goes over fine, rear end kicks up like a bucking bronco. over the bars i go. i sailed about 20 feet before landing on my head and right shoulder.

if there was ONE time i was glad i had alcohol in my system...that was it. hurt like hell, and i was seeing stars badly. couldn't hold my right arm up. jumped in my buddies truck, and off to brawley medical center we go.....60 miles away. nothing like the agony of the alcohol wearing off as you're driving down the road to the hospital.

three x-rays and three hours later, and i walk out with a sling, a bottle of vicodin, and an AC separation.

drove back to camp, loaded up, and drove home. at least i had 4 days of dead quiet to sit in my room and contemplate what just happened.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Crashed at Buttonwillow following ^

Seriously though, I'm not giving out my "dumb" story.

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post

Now we have to know..

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 04:08 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Nomad View Post
Now we have to know..
:imwst definitely, 'FESS UP ya fooker

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 AM
doomsday machine

:imwst
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 05:53 PM

Perhaps maybe Mark can tell us about JakeR1's dumb story?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode