Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Rookie again

Talking Not going anywhere for awhile?

Hey everyone, I've returned with a vengance. Well, not really, just returned. LOL. Hmm, what's been going on? Looks like I have an assload of posts to get caught up on for sure.
When we last left off I think I had just had my second back surgery, sometime last May? WTF? It's hard to remember sometimes. Anyway, I returned to work on limited duty in September and was feeling pretty good until I started hurting again pretty bad in December or so. I also realized that I was having a "real" problem with the pain meds. The problem was, I never seemed to have enough. I don't know if I would have considered myself a part time junky or not but I wasn't out robbing people for their pills or anything. I stuck it out and was miserable without the meds but I didn't want to be hooked. After barely being able to walk by January, I had a bone scan and found a broken vertebrea(?) at the site where my herniation was. February brought more pain and after a spinal tap/ dye test and Cat scan, yep another severe herniated disc at the same damn spot as before. Seems my lower spine does not have the natural curvature that I'm supposed to have and it's loading up that pressure at my L4-5 disc. I just had surgery #3 last Wednesday morning and I hope to god it's done. I hurt now but it's a better kind of hurt. The pain doesn't radiate down my leg and into my foot anymore.
So, now I'm stuck with only about 30% of my disc left, off work again for probably 3 months or so, if I have a job when I go back. I'm seriously thinking of retiring after 15 years if I can afford it. My son has become pretty accustomed to me being home most of the time since it's just he and I here. Gotta buy an enclosed motorcycle trailer for his racing season and hopefully I'll ride again someday by summers end. That's about it for now, I think that was sufficient. It's good to be back here, I missed it but I had some issues that needed attending to but I feel 100% better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 09:56 PM

Hey LarsR1, welcome back!

I hope you will recover soon man...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 PM
FAsT BOYS

welcome back
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Get to postin and join us in the Guess the Movie, MSPaint Style

Good luck on the recovery

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Hey Bud...glad to hear your doing better now. So you gonna go for the early out? Would be nice if you can do it. I know our dept is losing some of their budget so their encouraging those with some years in to take an early out. But I know an extra 5 year can make a big difference in what you can collect too. Good luck either way...and get back to postwhoring!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
back Lars1

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Ask the Chief

Welcome back brutha!!!!!! Damn, hope all the best for your medical issues.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Hey Bud...glad to hear your doing better now. So you gonna go for the early out? Would be nice if you can do it. I know our dept is losing some of their budget so their encouraging those with some years in to take an early out. But I know an extra 5 year can make a big difference in what you can collect too. Good luck either way...and get back to postwhoring!
20 would def be a smarter move on my part as far as the pay goes. And the department is talking about implementing a physical fitness standard with our next contract which is in arbitration now I believe. It basically says, you either do it-retire-or we fire you if you can't perform the requirements. I see lawsuits in the near future. LOL.

And thanks for the "welcome backs" fellas.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Welcome back brutha!!!!!! Damn, hope all the best for your medical issues.
mend quickly bud and welcome back

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 05:08 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
20 would def be a smarter move on my part as far as the pay goes. And the department is talking about implementing a physical fitness standard with our next contract which is in arbitration now I believe. It basically says, you either do it-retire-or we fire you if you can't perform the requirements. I see lawsuits in the near future. LOL.

And thanks for the "welcome backs" fellas.
Hey Lars, hope you're able to recover and ride again soon.

As to the requirement of a fitness test or standard, I can see it occurring and the lawsuits not holding. If one's not physically fit to do the job, then how can they be expected to perform satisfactorily so long as the test/standard is set correctly? Happens in many other places without unions...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
Welcome back and hope you start feeling better soon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode