Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs up US Special Forces in Action

Mark, you'll probably appreciate this more than most bro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Ask the Chief

VERY very rare to see 160th vids on youtube....that place is usually locked up tighter than a drum. I wouldn't be surprised to see this vid come down in the next few weeks. Although, they consider anything older than 3 years to be OK....within reason. If you notice in all my vids on youtube, you'll never see an operator's face. Just unspoken trust...no need to be showing their faces.

Must be a TST being a daytime hit like that....yep, hostage takedown. About 90% of the hits we did were at 2am. Nighttime is your friend, but in a case like this, you gotta go when the iron is hot.

If I was that operator in the last picture, I'd want this thing off youtube QUICKLY.

We were flying joint hits with TF, but I won't post any of those vids.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
VERY very rare to see 160th vids on youtube....that place is usually locked up tighter than a drum. I wouldn't be surprised to see this vid come down in the next few weeks. Although, they consider anything older than 3 years to be OK....within reason. If you notice in all my vids on youtube, you'll never see an operator's face. Just unspoken trust...no need to be showing their faces.

Must be a TST being a daytime hit like that....yep, hostage takedown. About 90% of the hits we did were at 2am. Nighttime is your friend, but in a case like this, you gotta go when the iron is hot.

If I was that operator in the last picture, I'd want this thing off youtube QUICKLY.

We were flying joint hits with TF, but I won't post any of those vids.
I was surprised to see faces as well, probably doesn't help my plugging it either

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I was surprised to see faces as well, probably doesn't help my plugging it either
Naa....if it's out there, it's public domain. Like I said, it will probably be down in a few days. I'm going to save it in my favorites to follow the comments.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 AM
phil-osepher

There is a vid on Youtube which shows a promo for Task for Delta, aka Delta Force. My current CO was enlisted Military Intel that was attached to them, he recognized many of the faces from the vid. Some of the stories that he shares could only have come from someone who had been there. I think with the current GWOT, the public is becoming more accustomed to seeing our special operations in action. The current book out, Lone Survivor, details the heroic actions of a SEAL team in action in Afghanistan, disclosing many of the tactics and training they use. Same with another book I just was looking at, (can't remember the name), but it walks the reader through a current making of a Special Forces Soldier and some of the operations (to include pics) they participated in.

I agree with maintaining OPSEC for missions yet to take place, but after they are complete I think showing the ass kicking footage isn't a problem.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 AM
phil-osepher

here is the Delta Vid

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
That Lone Survivor book is amazing.........A definite must read.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
doomsday machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the video
touchdown to jackpot
17.08 seconds
hot damn, that was slick. Quite a thing to watch those guys in action.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:00 PM
phil-osepher

We refer to it as "Violence of Action"

They are amazing!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
There is a vid on Youtube which shows a promo for Task for Delta, aka Delta Force. My current CO was enlisted Military Intel that was attached to them, he recognized many of the faces from the vid. Some of the stories that he shares could only have come from someone who had been there. I think with the current GWOT, the public is becoming more accustomed to seeing our special operations in action. The current book out, Lone Survivor, details the heroic actions of a SEAL team in action in Afghanistan, disclosing many of the tactics and training they use. Same with another book I just was looking at, (can't remember the name), but it walks the reader through a current making of a Special Forces Soldier and some of the operations (to include pics) they participated in.

I agree with maintaining OPSEC for missions yet to take place, but after they are complete I think showing the ass kicking footage isn't a problem.

Thanks for the response Knee, I'm always in two minds about showing this stuff or even talking about things related. I must check out the book and if you remember the other book let me know

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
phil-osepher

I think it is called Chosen Soldier

or something like that

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
I think it is called Chosen Soldier

or something like that

Thanks I'll Google it

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Ask the Chief

That Delta video absolutely blows me away. The government still won't admit they exist, and now they're putting vids of themselves on Youtube. WOW.

Sorry, but I tend to be on the safe side of the OPSEC coin. Doesn't matter if the mission alread happened, so long as those guys are operators, they're still at high risk of capture. ANYONE can look at Youtube, and that's just what these guys need is a hadji recognizing one of them from an online video. Hadji ain't as stupid as everyone likes to think he is...I've met some of the smarter ones. They do their homework. I made sure not to post helo vids until after my squadron shut down, and if I ever go back to that community, I'll disable my Youtube account. Call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry....can't fault me for that.

If you watch the union tribune interview that I did, I made very sure not to mention locations and capabilities. Just not something they need to know. I was actually rather vague....for a reason.

Anyway, guess it all comes down to personal opinion, as usual. Just because a video is 3 years old, if it shows the faces of operators that are still operating in county, they are putting themselves in unnecessary danger.

Just my humble opinion

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
phil-osepher

Mark, I totally hear ya man.

Your opinion is more than valid. I wish I could find a video about Ranger school, because I'll be there in a couple months and can only imagine the pain and suffering that I'll be going through. Indeed, life will suck.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
here is the Delta Vid

Nice, thanks bud..there are some people you should just never ever fuck with.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 AM
phil-osepher

exactly...

the word elite doesn't even do those guys justice

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 12:57 PM

oh boy ranger school. my pops was ranger and i was a Ft. benning when i was growing up for 15 years. Your going to have a lot of "fun" in ranger school. your ass better be fond of 6 mile ruck marches in the rain FYI....LMAO But def. good luck, i'm still pissed how that Army fuckhead who is in charge of dress and appearence decided to take the black beret that was a designation of the rangers for so long and just made it a beret across the board.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Ask the Chief

they did the same thing with the new navy uniform....junior enlisted will now be wearing a khaki shirt and black pants....the dumbest combo i've ever seen. khakis have always been reserved for chiefs and officers, and now everyone is going to wear them.

weak.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
they did the same thing with the new navy uniform....junior enlisted will now be wearing a khaki shirt and black pants....the dumbest combo i've ever seen. khakis have always been reserved for chiefs and officers, and now everyone is going to wear them.

weak.

That's so the snipers can't tell you guys apart bud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode