Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Got Rid Of MY Home Phone

In order to cut unwanted household costs we just got rid of our home phone. We use our cell phones %99 of the time and the only people that call our home phone were solictiers. We down graded our home phone services to just a land line and caller id and unlimited long distance and it was still costing about $70 a month. $30 of that was BS taxes. So good riddence and money savings to us. I just hope that the cell phone providers dont tax us like the local phone company. I know that its not thier fault and I don't mind paying taxes for useful things but if your figure that 50% of your paycheck/take home is taxed is just BS IMO!

Fight the man LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Good call! More money for the race season and Beer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Rookie again

Mayo makes a great point! I used my home phone 3 times in March, fk em.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Did the same thing before...only used the damn home phone a few times a month. When I divided how many times we used it by the cost...it was like $5 a call...ridiculous. Cell was the way to go

Only problem though is 911 service...never know when you'll need it

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:44 AM
phil-osepher

We never had a home phone over the last 5 years or so when we lived in apartments, now we just have a basic land line ($30 a month?) because it is needed for the home alarm. I'm with ya though, never make a call on it.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:51 AM

Welcome to the now dude! I did that 5 years ago!

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Did the same thing before...only used the damn home phone a few times a month. When I divided how many times we used it by the cost...it was like $5 a call...ridiculous. Cell was the way to go

Only problem though is 911 service...never know when you'll need it
I programmed my local PD, fire, CHIPS, in my speed dials.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
I programmed my local PD, fire, CHIPS, in my speed dials.
Thats alright if you have full Phase II service in your area. Unfortunately not all providers have that in all areas. If you're still on Phase I it doesnt give a GPS fix on you when you call. So if the call gets dropped for bad reception or you cant speak...you're screwed.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM

I'm 100% VoIP now...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

I dropped mine to the 20 buck plan, we get 120 minutes of long distance unlimited local... it's tough to drop it with a child at home....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
HighlyTrainedProfessional

Send a message via AIM to NomadRip Send a message via Yahoo to NomadRip
Haven't had a landline since 2002, and have never had that become a problem in any way

-James
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Ta Moko

No home line here and my cell is pay as you go.

Online cost nothing= open network Wifi

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

I'm still clinging: I know if I get rid of it knowing my luck I'll need the nit(h a week later for something

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
We had yo up our program for our cell phones. But as of yet the only problem is that if/when we are at work and someone is watching our babies while we are at work we dont have a way of contacting "our mothers" while away. My wife has a secondary cell phone that she uses to call her sister(its because all the minuites she uses on that phone are free to call her sister) We are going to leave that phone at home. Just incase she or who ever is here can contact us.

Other than that no other forseen complications.

Fight the man!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:07 PM
No Crying Allowed

I have thought of that too beav, but in an emergency cell phones don't work too well when everyone is panicing, so it's worth the piece of mind I guess you could say to keep it for 20 bucks a month.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode