Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Old and fast...

who's right - landlord or me?

who's responsible - landlord or me?

We rent a multi level house with the garage on the bottom floor.

In January, the rains flooded our garage....

Since then, every rain flooded our garage...

A lot of personal papers, etc were ruined...

One of my helmets got wet and moldy, and subsequently ruined...

After three months of complaining of water leaks and no action, I went out and spent 1/2 day, getting 60 lb bag of concrete and tried to fill in all the places outside the garage where water might be leaking in....in addition I bought 4 large tubes of silicone....and sealed every crack and the complete wall to floor connection....

I presented this to the landlord with bills and a bill for a new helmet, and the landlord denied the helmet, claiming it was personal property that would be covered by renters insurance...

Anyone know landlord/renter's law in this situation?

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Tell the ladnlord i'm right and i tell him to pay for your helmet
If he payed the other bills he admitted the cause of the flood was the bad construction, cracks or whatever and if that is his responsibility he should pay for the damages it caused.
Of course if you have your own personal insurance against that (flooding) you can also claim it from the insurance company.

But this is in theory because i don't know your landlord/renter's law in this situation or if you are insured or not.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
But this is in theory because i don't know your landlord/renter's law in this situation or if you are insured or not.
Does laws always work in theory?

MV -> <- Me with a gavel
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Gang Green

I'd think he's right on the water damage to your helmet, that is something insurance normally covers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
but who knows you need to look up renters laws in your state

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Yeah it varies state by state.

I went through a battle with my landlord after being broken into 3 times. He owes you the money for the physical components you did to the house, KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!

But I'm going to on a limb and say that you are unfortunately screwed with the helmet, unless you have renters/home insurance that covers this.

It all depends on what is in the lease. Read it until you know it better than your own dick. If you think you have something, take it to a lawyer and have him write a letter. Get the ball moving that way.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 PM
No Crying Allowed

I think it all depends on what the cause was... if it was neglect of the building that caused the damage then you might have a case. If it was just a fluke storm that happened then your probably SOL. Either way though that is what renters insurance is for as well. Even if you owned the home your typical insurance deductible is about 500.00 these days, so odds are you would eat this helmet anyway.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Yep.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
two words rentres insurance he does not have to pay for shit. His insurance only covers the house and not the contents PEROID

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode