Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Exclamation Hair salon scalps customers

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese hair salon has been shut down and fined 500,000 yuan ($71,280) for holding two customers hostage and charging wildly excessive fees for haircuts, a newspaper reported on Monday.

College students Zhang Yi and Yuan Sha Sha went for a haircut at Baolou International Beauty Salon in Zhengzhou, in the central province of Henan, expecting to pay the 38 yuan ($5.42) advertised on the window.
But when the barbers were done, they produced a joint bill for 12,000 yuan ($1,700), enough to make anyone's hair curl, the Beijing News reported.
"After borrowing from 16 people, the two were only able to come up with 9,800 yuan and it wasn't until after 10 pm were they allowed to leave the hair salon," it reported.
It was not the first time that the shop tried to cheat consumers. One was slapped with a bill for 4,776 yuan when she came in for a haircut last September. In December, another customer opted for a 68 yuan haircut, but was asked to pay 5,670 yuan.
The shop was eventually shut down with nearly 100 local residents applauding outside, the newspaper said.
(Reporting by Beijing Newsroom; Editing by Nick Macfie) ($1=7.015 Yuan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

It was shut down..!!! damn I know people who would have burnt the thing to the ground and probably with the responsible parties in it. (joke, I don't honestly know people like this, honestly...honest !!!...)

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Rookie again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
It was shut down..!!! damn I know people who would have burnt the thing to the ground and probably with the responsible parties in it. (joke, I don't honestly know people like this, honestly...honest !!!...)
You do now cuz I would! WTF??? Why would anyone pay what they did? Crazy Beijing hair salons!

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
...(joke, I don't honestly know people like this, honestly...honest !!!...)
Tell that to the judge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
You do now cuz I would! WTF??? Why would anyone pay what they did? Crazy Beijing hair salons!
In a still under development country, where there are many corrupted officials and not enough laws enforcement officers, things like this can easily happen. In fact, this is more common in a night club / karaoke business, where customers get slapped with a huge ridiculous bill.

Two of my friends from here, they went to a night club in Shanghai, they only ordered half-dozen of beers, and the bill ended up like US$3,000. Bunch of guys came in the room, they wouldn't let them leave unless they pay, in the end they ended up paying about US$1,1000, that's all they had on them. Before they went to the night club, they knew very well that things like this can happen, so they already chose a big night club in a well known hotel. You may ask why they didn't call the police? I can tell you, there are so many corrupted officials, it's basically useless since any night club is well connected, if not, they wouldn't be open. Also, my friends are not Mainland locals, they're from HK, so they're considered foreigners to them, and they mostly do this to foreigners.

This is why I never go to places like this inside Mainland unless I know the owner or I go with people that know the place well.

Warp, I'm pretty sure there are cases like this in Thailand too.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:56 AM
FAsT BOYS

return with backup and
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I know a bit about 'hair salons' in China.
Half the time they're fronts for prostitution e.g, go in for a haircut and actually get a cut and blow...and I don't mean blowdry.
Makes me wonder what these guys had in addition to their $5 haircuts, although that being said they could probably have banged the entire girls high school gymnastics squad for that price.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Tell that to the judge...

In a still under development country, where there are many corrupted officials and not enough laws enforcement officers, things like this can easily happen. In fact, this is more common in a night club / karaoke business, where customers get slapped with a huge ridiculous bill.

Two of my friends from here, they went to a night club in Shanghai, they only ordered half-dozen of beers, and the bill ended up like US$3,000. Bunch of guys came in the room, they wouldn't let them leave unless they pay, in the end they ended up paying about US$1,1000, that's all they had on them. Before they went to the night club, they knew very well that things like this can happen, so they already chose a big night club in a well known hotel. You may ask why they didn't call the police? I can tell you, there are so many corrupted officials, it's basically useless since any night club is well connected, if not, they wouldn't be open. Also, my friends are not Mainland locals, they're from HK, so they're considered foreigners to them, and they mostly do this to foreigners.

This is why I never go to places like this inside Mainland unless I know the owner or I go with people that know the place well.

Warp, I'm pretty sure there are cases like this in Thailand too.
Yeah too true Val, more so in Thailand is that most of the Ferangs (FUR-ANGS) don't do their homework, haven't got a f**king clue about prices and quite rightly get screwed. I never heard of anything like the problem above though, but Yamahuh is correct about the other thing..with that kind of dough you can nail a bunch of girls....

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Warp, I had no idea you were in Thailand.
Don't mean to jack this thread but I tried to send a PM and I couldn't so just want to ask quick questions...whatchoo doin' there and where are you?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Warp, I had no idea you were in Thailand.
Don't mean to jack this thread but I tried to send a PM and I couldn't so just want to ask quick questions...whatchoo doin' there and where are you?

PM sent

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Hmmm, not received bud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode