Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
What's up with Tito Ortiz??

Just watched UFC 84 Ill Will and Tito got beat and then talked a bit of smack about Dana White, I love the UFC and have watched all the seasons of TUFC religiously but was out of the whole scene for a while while Tito was the dominant fighter in his weight class. I know he was an awesome fighter but his best days are behind him ... so what gives?
What happened between the Huntington Beach Bad Boy and Dana White to have them hating each other so much?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Dana White is a piece of shit?

And tito is no longer under contract with UFC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I think it has to do with the UFC show where he was a coach.. maybe

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I think this had something to do with it

Quote:
Bad Blood: Dana White vs. Tito Ortiz vs. Fan apathy
By: MMAmania

Tito Ortiz vs Dana white
By Jesse Holland
Special to UFCmania.com

Have you ever been in a situation where someone tells a joke in front of a group of people and it bombs? And instead of having the grace and dignity to accept defeat they just stand there and try to either expound on the joke with an even worse follow-up joke, or they try and walk you through it to explain why it was funny enough to be told in the first place?

That’s kind of how I feel about the upcoming premiere of Bad Blood: Dana White vs. Tito Ortiz tomorrow at 11 p.m. on Spike TV. Only this joke, in addition to being humorless, has no punch line. What started as an awful premise has become nothing more than a contemptuous and embarrassing extension of bad taste for all parties involved.

The show is an in-depth look at the exhibition boxing match Dana White and Tito Ortiz were set to have on March 24 after many years of name calling and finger pointing because as we’ve all learned, fighting solves everything.

However, the promised three-round session never happened.

I won’t bore you with another retread of how or why Dana and Tito were going to fight in the first place. You can catch up on the history from one of our earlier posts here.

I’m sure the primeval among us will beat on their chests and tell you what a great idea this was since the whole concept of the UFC is built upon two men beating the crap out of each other.

But this is not an accurate assessment.

What happens inside the Octagon is a sport with honor and integrity. Using your skill and ability to settle differences outside of the cage in the name of MMA is like using a Louisville Slugger to smash a pitcher’s mailbox after striking out in the World Series in the name of baseball.

No matter.

After all the talk and all the hype Tito was a no-show and that surprised me because he seemed to be the one that wanted this fight the most. Ask him what happened and he did something so inexcusable, so mind-boggling, I can barely put it into words: He checked with his girlfriend and she said no.

Folks I have nothing against Jenna Jameson. She’s done a lot for the male population.
But as you’ll read here, Tito claims his absence was all about business. You know when I think informed business decision Miss Jameson isn’t really the first person that comes to mind.

And when did we amend the man-law to make it okay to get permission from your girlfriend? Look I have to get permission from my wife all the time but at least I have the common sense to lie about it:

“Sorry guys I’d love play poker in a hot tub at Scores but I have to meet a client and get contracts signed.”

Anyone who remembers the stoppage that was Ortiz-Shamrock 2 will remember Dana’s damage control: “We know you hated the ending just as much as Ken did so we’re going to give it to you again and this time we’re going to put it on free TV!” (Like anyone would have paid to see them fight yet again).

In keeping with that tradition of hype first, disappoint later (Wanderlei Silva anyone?) the boys at UFC programming decided to give us an inside look at the bad blood between Dana and Tito with a tell-all conclusion to their saga in an effort to hide the fact that once again, they failed to deliver on a hyped-up fight.

Maybe this time they were doing us a favor. Now do yourselves one and don’t tune in.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
phil-osepher

who are these people and why should I care?

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post

They are morons and you shouldnt care.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:

Cause you strike me as the real caring type

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
a lot of fighters are leaving the ufc cus of dana white, in that fight dana didn't want to give any ppv buy percentage to tito. dana is corrupting the sport. he pays the fighters too low and bad mouths fighters who arent in the ufc

tito is one dimensional and fighters these days arent. you need to know ground defence and take down , submissions , stand up, striking, etc tito only knows take down and elbows from the guard
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
Cause you strike me as the real caring type
I only have eyes for you

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
I only have eyes for you

Thanks, I think.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM
phil-osepher

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:

Looks Like Vale got Kneepads password

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
7c Forever

nahh, he's just drunk.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I'm more interested in what started all the name calling and finger pointing in the first place.
Dana may be corrupting the sport ... whatever that means, but I'll give him kudos for dragging it from a sport that was generally perceived to be an underground 'fight club' to a bona fide sport. I don't know what he pays his fighters but there are a lot of people making very big names for themselves and I'm sure they are making lucrative coin. Rampage drove away in a very nice sporty Audi on one episode ... don't imagine that puppy was cheap.
In addition to that I remember watching the very first UFC pay per view event and as effective as Gracie Jiu Jitsu was, it was fucking boring to watch Royce lie on his back for 15 minutes and try to manouver Ken Shamrock into an arm bar ... I find the fighters are much more rounded and capable in many dimensions and disciplines of martial arts and boxing nowadays.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
a dana is corrupting the sport. he pays the fighters too low and bad mouths fighters who arent in the ufc
BJ Penn made $250K for his title fight on Saturday.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Faster and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
BJ Penn made $250K for his title fight on Saturday.
Boxers make 15 mil +... Think about this ufc makes 2.5 million just from people who come and watch in person... Counting ppv's Its even more.

250,000 isnt jack, remember bj penn has to pay out this trainers.... These fighters fight about 3-5x a year.. Boxers only fight 1-2x a year and make millions... UFC is surpassing boxing.

heres an article:

I've written many UFC articles lately. The only thing booming faster than the amount of articles I've written on the UFC is the UFC's popularity and the money the UFC is raking in. The UFC is making a boatload of money all around, except for the fighters.

Right now the UFC fighters are not making as much money as they should. In April of 2005 the UFC had two of their most popular fighters Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell face each other. According to some reports the PPV had 280,000 buys at $34.95 each. That makes the show worth $9.8 million dollars. Chuck Liddell was only paid $140,000 and Randy Couture was paid $150,000. That means the main event fighters, the main reason people tuned in, got about three percent of the money.

In February the UFC held the third meeting between Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell. This time the PPV did 410,00 buys at $39.95 each, which comes out to $16.34 million. In the rematch Randy Couture got $225,000 and Chuck Liddell got $250,000. Again this comes out to about three percent. The entire card as a whole was paid $656,000, which is four percent of the earnings.

I know there are some people shaking their heads right now saying I'm crazy. They have $250,000 what more could they want? I'd kill for $250,00! If that is all you have to say then don't bother commenting because I'm not buying it. If the UFC is making $16.34 million for one show then the top draw should be making more than $250,000. You might think it's crazy that the athletes even get $656,000 combined but it's more ridiculous that the people not fighting made $15.6 million. Ok, so they didn't get all of that, there is the cost of the venue, production, marketing, etc, but that all comes out to about $5 million. So the non-fighters are still making $10.6 million, seventeen times more than the fighters are.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Faster and Better

I gone pro and I only make 200-500 per fight... But im not in the ufc.

heres the payouts from UFC 84:
B.J. Penn: $250,000 ($125,000 to show, $125,000 to win)
Wanderlei Silva: $225,000 ($150,000 to show*, $75,000 for Knockout of the Night)
Tito Ortiz: $210,000
Lyoto Machida: $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 to win)
Wilson Gouveia: $93,000 ($18,000 to show, $75,000 for Fight of the Night)
Rousimar Palhares: $85,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win, $75,000 for Submission of the Night)
Goran Reljic: $81,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win, $75,000 for Fight of the Night)
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou: $80,000 ($40,000 to show, $40,000 to win)
Thiago Silva: $50,000 ($25,000 to show, $25,000 to win)
Rich Clementi: $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Dong Hyun Kim: $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Sean Sherk: $35,000
Kazuhiro Nakamura: $20,000
Ivan Salaverry: $20,000
Shane Carwin: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Yoshiyuki Yoshida: $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Terry Etim: $10,000
Keith Jardine: $10,000
Christian Wellisch: $10,000
Jon Koppenhaver: $8,000
Antonio Mendes: $4,000
Jason Tan: $3,000
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Good points.
I didn't factor in the ppv revenue and when you look at their earnings as a % it isn't much. Hard to believe that Keith 'Dean of Mean' Jardine only got $10K after beating Lidell and Griffin in earlier bouts but his opponent Wanderlei Silva got $225K and hadn't had a win since coming over from Pride.
How is that justified?

If Reljic hadn't got 'Fight of the night' he'd only have made $6K?
That's kinda screwed too

Last edited by Yamahuh; 05-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
nahh, he's just drunk.
what? me...drunk? never

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Still, nobody has answered my question ... Hellbound you seem like you'd be up to date with this stuff, care to shed any light on what caused the hating between these two?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode