Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Angry This is what I love about technology combined with idiot criminals

I know its a bit morbid talking about death and murder and I'm not one to generally bring these things up, but this seemed right to mention....Warp

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080602/2/173mg.html?f=mv

Man charged over Blue Mountains deaths

A Sydney man killed his wife and nine-year-old stepdaughter then threw their bodies off a Blue Mountains lookout while his two children sat nearby, police allege.
Blacktown Local Court was told on Monday the man packed the two bodies in the boot of his car before taking his 14-year-old son and his own daughter, who is also nine, along for the drive to "a parking place" in the Blue Mountains on May 5.

Police documents tendered to the court further alleged the man then forced his 14-year-old son to lie to police about their whereabouts that day.
The 41-year-old man, an Indian national who cannot be named for legal reasons, is charged with the murder of his 38-year-old wife and her daughter.
Bushwalkers on Sunday found the bodies, which are yet to be formally identified, below Echo Point, a popular Blue Mountains lookout.
An operation to retrieve them on Monday was hampered by poor light and bad weather.
The man reported the pair missing at 1.30am on May 6, telling police he had not seen them since they left the family home at Blacktown about 8pm (AEST) on May 5.
Police facts stated the man asked his 14-year-old son to tell police he searched the neighbourhood for his wife and stepdaughter for two hours that night.
Transcripts of secretly-recorded conversations allegedly reveal the man telling his young son to "stick to his story" and to reply "I don't know" if police got too technical during his interview. (Gotcha dumbass...Warp)
The teenager - accompanied by his biological mother who had recently returned from India to the Blacktown home - allegedly told police on Sunday that he had misled them at his father's urging.
Police said mobile phone records placed the man at the scene where the bodies were dumped. (Gotcha again dumbass...Warp)
According to the police facts, the boy said as it got dark on May 5 his father told him and his sister they were going for a drive to the Blue Mountains.
When they arrived, it is alleged the boy took his sister for a walk and they sat down together for a short time.
Their father was smoking a cigarette when they returned to the car and he then drove them home, the court was told.
The police allege the man had murdered the woman and her daughter at their home before throwing their bodies into a canyon near Echo Point.
Police allege he has shown no remorse and has repeatedly denied his involvement, despite an "extremely strong" prosecution case.
The man, who is employed as an engineer, met his wife on the internet in July 2006.
Both had children from previous marriages before they married in Australia in May 2007.
The man told police they had a "loving and caring bond", but the woman's sister, who lives in North Parramatta, allegedly told officers he had been violent toward his wife.
The police facts said the woman had contacted the Jessie Street Domestic Violence Service in January this year after being verbally abused by her husband, who threatened to kill her or have her deported.
The man did not appear in Blacktown Local Court on Monday, and did not apply for bail, which was formally refused by Magistrate Michael Dakin.
He is due to appear at the same court via audiovisual link on July 21.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
7c Forever

on one hand, good that they got him. On the other hand.... I don't know about carrying my cell phone around anymore, I'm not real keen on people being able to tell where I am/have been.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
on one hand, good that they got him. On the other hand.... I don't know about carrying my cell phone around anymore, I'm not real keen on people being able to tell where I am/have been.
As far as I know you would have to turn off your cell and remove the battery. If they get technology that can track modern batteries then we're all f*cked

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:17 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
As far as I know you would have to turn off your cell and remove the battery. If they get technology that can track modern batteries then we're all f*cked
you said it man. Everytime your speakers fuzz, the man knows where you are.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
you said it man. Everytime your speakers fuzz, the man knows where you are.
Maybe....if you're talking on the level of NSA/CIA/FBI or the equivalent. I won't pretend I know all the capabilities they may have. But the average city/county/state law enforcement agency has no such power to track just anybody. Sometimes in my job I wish we could. However the only time we can track a cel phone is if they call 911 and its one of the few (I'd say 1 in 10 or 15) that are Wireless Phase II enabled. And even then it's sketchy.

Additionally, the report says "mobile phone records placed the man at the scene".....This wasn't really a case of "tracking" a cel phone. They werent actively trying to trace this guy while any of this was in progress, and to my knowledge there are no cel phone companies that geographically trace and record the whereabouts of every one of their customers, every second of every day. Odds are this was a case of the guy making a phone call and the cel phone company was able to determine it bounced off a tower that was in the same geographical area as where the crime occured.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
7c Forever

hmmm interesting. Even knowing which tower caught the call tho is a fair amount of data regarding where you are. I imagine you're right tho that you'd have to actually be on a call for them to get it. Or maybe it'd only have to ring, I imagine a failed call would have that metatag with the receiving tower aswell.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
It might not even have to ring to pinpoint you if the cel phone company is actively searching for you (or a federal agent with a warrant inside a cel phone company ). In the article above, that wasnt the case because no one knew this crime occured till after the fact, so the only thing they had to go on was the record of the phone call; which was enough in this case.

To clarify what I said above, smaller police agencies dont have the means to actively track cel phones unless a call comes in on a 911 line. But when you're dealing with a federal government agency, that may not apply. Apparently since the Patriot Act went into effect here in the US, the gov has dabbled in quite a bit of celphone surrveillance, up to and including using warrants to force Cel Companies to track phones for them. It is pretty disturbing stuff. (check out www.eff.org ) But keep in mind too that these cases are ones in which the federal gov wants to keep tabs on someone for whatever their reasons are (drug trafficking/terrorism suspects, etc). They don't have the manpower to keep tabs on every citizen at any given time. Hell, even a bank robber or a rapist wouldnt make a blip on their screen as far as someone important enough to get a federal warrant for. So unless you just showed up at a federal courthouse with a bomb strapped to your chest or you're running drugs out of South America....odds are you're not important enough to be worried about getting your phone tracked. (but could they? yeah they could...)

edit: on the topic of having to completely remove your battery to be safe...I havent found anything on that. I used to know a guy that would unplug his cable from the cable jack when he shut his computer down because he thought even with the power off, a hacker could get into his system. I called him paranoid. Is it the same with cel phones?

Last edited by eveR1ast; 06-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:

Do you have GPS in anything or GPS in your phone? You probably have been able to be tracked for awhile now...

Also they can triangulate what vicinity you are in depending on what cell towers you are hitting and as they increase the number of towers to get you better coverage they can get a smaller area to find ya!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:04 AM
7c Forever

actually I don't use a GPS, but I'm aware that it's nothing new. still tho, frightening stuff.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

All said and done guys, whatever the technical means the police forces used to catch this person is good enough for me.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:42 PM

Aren't the regular handheld type GPS's devices passive in the sense they only receive a signal and do not themselves emit any signal that could be tracked.
Of course if it were in a phone or part of some system in a car then they obviously have transmitters too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode