Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Who do you like for the win?
Forrest Griffin v 1 20.00%
Rashad Evans 0 0%
Frank Mir v 0 0%
Big Nog 2 40.00%
Wanderlei Silva v 1 20.00%
Rampage Jackson 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
UFC - December 27th

Who do you like for the win?

Much as I like Griffin and Jackson I'm gonna go with their competitors and I reckon Nogueira will take Mir.
What an awesome night of scrapping it's gonna be though ... can't wait

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-16-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Trying to get my poll to allow multiple choices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Hmmm my poll doesnt seem to be working the way I expected it to and i cant' be bothered to figure it out so just post up your predictions instead

i was hoping you'd be able to choose one fighter from each match up but it's not allowing it for some reason...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-16-2008 at 08:26 PM.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Griffin for the W

Mir for the W

Jackson for the W , just because he already lost twice, and so badly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Big Nog is a tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Anybody check out the TUF finale?
They gave 'Fight of the Night' to Browning v Kaplan ... it was a damn good fight but I honestly thought the Burns v Jackson fight was more exciting; that KO headkick was phenomenal.

WOOOOHOOO!!!!
My 1000th post. Actually I don't know whether to be mildly proud or embarrassed that I've spend such a huge amount of time conversiong with you reprobates!!

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-16-2008 at 08:28 PM.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
7c Forever

I'm gonna call Big Nog for the win over Mir. Altho I'm far from certain on it, to be honest.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

**** spoiler***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

WOW!!

F*cken huge KO !!

Rampage just destroyed Wanderlei Silva.

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-27-2008 at 08:50 PM.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

CB Dolloway wins ... hate that guy, arrogant as f*ck and very lucky not to get KO'd said he didn't remember it ... ya, right!!

Big Nog and Mir up next!!

post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I called Jackson v Silva wrong but I'm still sticking to my guns and calling Big Nog over Mir.

They just interviewed Lesnar, what a humble guy, refuses to call himself the champ until he's solidified the belt by beating the winner from tonight.

Guess I'm all alone in here tonight eh?

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-27-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

OMG !!
Mir is super sharp with his striking, uppercuts knocked Nog down 2X in first round!!

Round 2:
KO victory for Mir.
Incredible performance and absolute domination

First thing after the KO he called out Lesnar at ringside!!
The way Mir looked I don't fancy Lesnar's chances.
He really looked superb.

Lesnar looks a little nervous ... can't say I blame him

That makes me 0 for 2!!

Griffin v Evans up next.

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-27-2008 at 09:51 PM.
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Where u at Biga?
You're calling em right so far.

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

**** SPOILER***

Good first round ... all striking no takedowns, I'd give it to Forrest

Round 2 ... LOL Griffin just wailed on Evans and got a kiss blown at him....Forrest's round again I reckon.

Round 3 ... All HELL broke loose, Evans caught a leg, took Griffin down and hammerfisted the shit out of him ....IT'S OVER !!
Evans K'O'd him on the ground ... HUGE right from the guard and then vicious head shots

New champ boys ... I called that one right at least

post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 PM
7c Forever

I counted 3 really good kneebar opportunities that Evans either didn't see or didn't act on, not to mention several really good takedown opportunities in round 2. Griffin had an armbar gifted to him with a fucking bow on it near the end too.

Both seemed a lot more interested in going all "hulk smash" than they did in winning the fight.

Silva and rampage was pretty wild and out of control. Really tho when you've got a Muy Thai champ against Rampage the Retard I guess it's to be expected.

Mir and Nog was one of the best fights I've seen on the UFC side of things in a long long time. Mir played it very well, he clearly had a game plan and stuck to it. Nog did to but his plan wasn't successfull and Mir's was. Good fight all around and a good demonstration of great fighters.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 12-27-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Where u at Biga?
You're calling em right so far.

Was just watching the Rampage fight again

Anybody who missed it here it is

MMA Video Blog: MMA Scraps

Griffin had things under control for the first two rounds

post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Resident Redneck

My pic is Mir again for the title re-unification

post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Who decides how these guys get paid and how??
Do they pull #'s out of a hat or something?
Check this out...

Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Frank Mir all post wins at UFC 92
1 hour ago

LAS VEGAS Rashad Evans dethroned light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin at UFC 92 Saturday night, taking away the title with some vicious ground and pound in the third round at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Griffin used his size and kicks to keep Evans at bay in the first two rounds of a battle of winners of Seasons 1 and 2 of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality TV show. But Evans took the champion down in the third, hurt him with a big right to the head and then unleashed four more rights and seven lefts to the head and it was over.

Elsewhere on the "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008" mixed martial arts card, Quinton (Rampage) Jackson knocked out Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva with one punch in the first round of their light-heavyweight grudge match and former heavyweight champion Frank Mir looked dominant in upsetting interim title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via second-round TKO.

Evans, 29, made US$130,000, including a $65,000 win bonus, while Griffin earned $100,000, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

At 6-3, Griffin had four inches on Evans and used his leg kicks to good effect in the first round as he did in winning the title from Jackson. Evans (18-0-1) came close to connecting with some real power shots but never really found his range.

Griffin (16-5) came on like a man possessed in the second round, with Evans hanging on for a time. Griffin continued to hurt Evans with kicks. Evans caught Griffin with a good right but seemed to get hurt in the eye with a punch late in the round.

Grabbing a leg, Evans took Griffin down early in the third and hammered him with punches. Griffin somehow survived the initial onslaught but Evans kept going. Referee Steve Mazzagatti stopped the bout at 2:46.

"I'm fine, I'll be back," said the 29-year-old Griffin, a loser in his first title defence.

Jackson and Silva entered the cage with bad intentions. The two don't like each other and it shows.

Silva beat Jackson twice on the Pride circuit in Japan in 2003 and 2004, brutally stopping Jackson both times with a barrage of knees.

Vengeance finally belonged to Jackson (29-7). He came out stalking Silva, then hung back and waited for the Las Vegas-based Brazilian to come to him.

Silva (32-9-1 with one no contest) attempted a combo and, his defences down, was floored by a crushing left hook to the jaw. He went down as if hit by a wrecking ball. As Montreal referee Yves Lavigne moved in to grab Jackson to stop any more punishment, a vindictive Jackson threw two more punches at the prone Silva for good measure before it ended at 3:21.

The vicious ending was reminiscent of the way Jackson knocked out Chuck (The Iceman) Liddell to win the title at UFC 71 in May 2007. Liddell was ringside Saturday to see the replay.

"Rampage is back, baby. I ain't going nowhere," said Jackson.

It was Jackson's fight since losing his title to Griffin at UFC 86 in July. Jackson had a meltdown days after and has charges pending over a subsequent highway chase with police. The UFC blamed the episode on delirium, brought about by a prolonged fast. Jackson isn't talking about it.

Jackson, 30, made $325,000, including a $100,000 win bonus, while Silva collected $200,000, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva boasted at the pre-fight news conference that he would get the knockout of the night bonus. Instead he got headache of the night.

Silva, 32, has now lost two of three fights since coming over from Pride.

Mir was a big underdog but quickly took the upper hand in the first round of the matchup of rival coaches from Season 8 of "The Ultimate Fighter." Showing surprising standup skills, he knocked Nogueira down twice and took the 4-1 favourite down once in a dominant first-round performance.

In the second, Mir (12-3) drove Nogueira back with a left and then sent him to the canvas with another, finishing him off with a flurry of blows before the fight was stopped at 1:54.

Mir, fighting as if his life depended on it, dominated Nogueira (31-5-1 with one no contest) on the feet. The craggy Brazilian, known for his comebacks, looked slow and outmatched and had no answers this time.

Mir made $90,000, including a $45,000 win bonus. Nogueira got $250,000, missing out on a $150,000 win bonus.

post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
That site is awesome, thanks for the link man!

post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 AM
7c Forever

I'm not sure on title unification fight. Mir showed good ability to stick to his plan and good ability to pound it out and avoid going to groun. But really, avoiding going to ground and pounding it out isn't something he's gonna want to do with Lesnar. Lesnars size advantage gives him a big edge if it stays upright, not to mention the reach advantage. If it goes to ground, I haven't seen Mir do that great on the ground lately.

It'll be an interesting one to watch forsure tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Resident Redneck

^

Mir submitted Lesnar on the ground in 90 seconds, you really got to watch some of the old Mir fights.

Mir is going to kick Lesnar's

The fighter salaries are pretty funny, but I believe their management are responsible for them, some are better then others.

post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 11:39 AM
7c Forever

Ya that was like a year ago tho wasn't it?

I'm hoping he does it 'cause I'm not too fond of the Neandertall. Lesnar is definitely improving tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode