Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
New race bike

As many of you know I built a race bike last year well really started July 15th 2007. Sport Bike Forum

I have decided to build my wifes 2003 cbr600rr into my racer this year. As I build it up I will include pics as my work in progress. I can't seem to sell it for anything reasonable so decided to make it a racer. After the twins were born her love of riding is gone. She is really supportive of my racing and after a GREAT year of racing I have learned many many things and I just can't compete really on a 1999 ZX-6R. I will however be able to use the 1999 for modern vintage racing. I think I will be very competive there because bikes has to be 10 years old or older to race in this class. Since I was able to beat younger lighter and better faster bikes with my 1999 I feel confident on racing either modern vintage and doing well as well as having a competive bike in my current class Novice GTU.

Just to make the bike racer ready w/o any performance mods or suspension mods will cost me about $3100. As the year progresses I hope to have front racing forks and rear shock to make the bike handle better. As well as getting a power commander and have it tuned with race gas.

If anyone can help me get parts new or used cheaper your help will be appreciated.
Things I will need:

Race Bodywork
Brakes
Brake lines
Chain and sprocket kit
Steering damper
Engine covers
Tires handled
Paint handled(no rattle can this time)
Safty wired handled
Beer to put it together handled(keg-o-rator)

Dream parts:

Shorty levers
Ohilins rear shock
Ohlins front forks or springs
Power commander w/ dyno r&d tuning for race gas
Air filter
Rear sets
Farring stay
Keyless gas cap
Any level of sponsorship
Anything else I need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3163.jpg (274.7 KB, 5 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Whatcha gonna do with the Kawi?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

keeping it as a back up racer and to race modern vintage bikes 10 years or older. Unless you want to ride it for a track day rinn

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
I dont inhale

awesome good luck with it!!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Site Sponsor

Congrats! Although I think you could come out way cheaper than $3100 w/o suspension or go fast parts, the list you mentioned could be done for under $1000 depending on your paint costs. You can get bodywork for about $350 delivered and the calipers on that bike will be plenty unless you are running at the front of the Expert group. I would just change the pads/lines, and you could do that for prob less than $125
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
Congrats! Although I think you could come out way cheaper than $3100 w/o suspension or go fast parts, the list you mentioned could be done for under $1000 depending on your paint costs. You can get bodywork for about $350 delivered and the calipers on that bike will be plenty unless you are running at the front of the Expert group. I would just change the pads/lines, and you could do that for prob less than $125
THe list
race plastic 700
engine covers 232
sprockets 101
chain 100
brake lines and pads 215
steering damper 400
paint 600
oil and filter and wetter water 75
fasteners and safety wire 250
tires a race weekend or 1st set 370
thats 3070 just to get on the tack and that list does not include shipping

if you can make a racer cheaper than that let me know ASAP!

Last edited by beavisr1; 01-01-2009 at 05:35 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
THe list
race plastic 700 $350 a set delivered http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php...hlight=optimal
engine covers 232 IF they are required, buy a used set, if they are not required, I wouldn't spend $$$ on them yet
sprockets 101 Could buy at wholesale for cheaper let me know gearing and i'll check
chain 100 good price
brake lines and pads 215 A good set of brake lines, and EBC HH pads are around $150
steering damper 400 highly reccomended, but you can score cheap one's off the wera board as well
paint 600 Rattle can it for now, no offense, but you are going to crash the faster you get, it's only learning and everybody does it!
oil and filter and wetter water 75
fasteners and safety wire 250 I don't remember it costing $250 to do, but I might be wrong
tires a race weekend or 1st set 370 Takeoff's Unless you're running up front in Advance, you're not going to notice the difference in a new set, and a takeoff set. Just buy them from a rep source and hammer down. I run at the front of Intermediate and never had any problems out of my 209gp's/211gp's
thats 3070 just to get on the tack and that list does not include shipping

if you can make a racer cheaper than that let me know ASAP!

^^^ That'll save ya a few bucks here and there, every little bit helps for sure!

I would concentrate more on the tracks, lines and brake markers before having an A+ set of bodywork all painted up and worry about that later. Again, this is just me, I know everyone does things differently. Also hit up the WERA boards, sometimes you can score some really cheap parts,a nd it is winter time so you'll have a few weeks to search for some stuff.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Site Sponsor

Oh yeah, and have fun man!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Dirt Rider :)

that's cool
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Congrats Beavis, I hope you continue to do well.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

captin squid you forget i have already raced on year and i know what is required. engine covers and take offs are good but not great.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

the parts ordering is on! race plastic from indy superbike just ordereed and brakes lines steering damper race engine covers sprrockets chains for both bikes from motomummy new monster stckers for the other racer and paint for the other bike(i didnt have clear coat so the paint is in bad shape so a quick repaint is coming). Damn that was a quick 2 grand

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:02 AM

Noice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode