Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Couch mechanics

So i get a rockin deal on a sofa, 1/2 off! I get a friend to help me get it home only to find it won't fit thru the door . It sat in the garage for a week and i was going to return it today but my ride fell thru. I decided to take that sucker apart and bring it upstairs piece by piece. Well actually i didn't have to take it apart that far, only sections. I couldn't believe how cheaply made that thing was, the wood reminded me of balsa wood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0667.JPG (144.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0670.JPG (190.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0671.JPG (122.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0672.JPG (186.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0673.JPG (162.1 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Made of brads, staples and screws!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0674.JPG (106.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.JPG (159.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0676.JPG (46.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.JPG (218.9 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 AM
7c Forever

did she come back together ok?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 AM
No Crying Allowed

omg, what a job

did you get it together?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Dude, wouldn't it have been a better idea to just take it back to the shop?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

I didn't put it back together yet but that will be a piece of cake. The frame work of the sofa is kinda modular in design. It kinda broke down into sections without disrupting the frame of other sections. The sections are back, bottom and sides. The fabrics are stapled to each individual section. There are 4" X 6" X 1/2" pieces of plywood that join the different sections together. It took me about two hours to take it apart, the part that took the longest was diggin out the staples from the joining pieces. That wood is so soft that instead of the staples sitting flush against the surface, they were embedded about 1/8" into it and each joining piece had about 30 staples in it. When i put it back together, i'm using screws instead so it'll be a quick take down if i get rid of the sofa later.
ffwf ; I didn't have a ride to bring the couch back and i needed it out of the garage ASAP. Besides, the couch will fit the living room really well. If I were to only buy something that will fit thru the door it would only be about 6' long versus the 8 footer i got now .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMPILOT View Post
I didn't put it back together yet but that will be a piece of cake. The frame work of the sofa is kinda modular in design. It kinda broke down into sections without disrupting the frame of other sections. The sections are back, bottom and sides. The fabrics are stapled to each individual section. There are 4" X 6" X 1/2" pieces of plywood that join the different sections together. It took me about two hours to take it apart, the part that took the longest was diggin out the staples from the joining pieces. That wood is so soft that instead of the staples sitting flush against the surface, they were embedded about 1/8" into it and each joining piece had about 30 staples in it. When i put it back together, i'm using screws instead so it'll be a quick take down if i get rid of the sofa later.
ffwf ; I didn't have a ride to bring the couch back and i needed it out of the garage ASAP. Besides, the couch will fit the living room really well. If I were to only buy something that will fit thru the door it would only be about 6' long versus the 8 footer i got now .
If you ever need a ride again, let me know.. I have and a couple of trailers that we could of used... I work in Sac now so it's not an issue...

We also need to hook up for lunch some time... where about are you in Sac?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Here's some tools i bought to take it apart and put it back together. Fencing tool (this thing rocks!), heavy duty staple gun that can also shoot little brads and a couple different length staples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0679.JPG (209.1 KB, 1 views)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
If you ever need a ride again, let me know.. I have and a couple of trailers that we could of used... I work in Sac now so it's not an issue...

We also need to hook up for lunch some time... where about are you in Sac?
LOL, thanks for the offer but i'm in SF. You'd be driving a total of 4+ hours to give me a ride 15 minutes from my house! When we going riding? Summer time?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode