Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Who will win - BJ Penn or Georges St. Pierre?
GSP 7 63.64%
BJP 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter
 
Yamahuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Karaoke Hell
Posts: 2,106
 
Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Penn or St. Pierre?

Who do you reckon will win the fight this weekend?
Besides the fact that he's Canadian I've got to take GSP due to his well rounded skills, athleticism and conditioning. I thinnk BJ Penn is going to lose some 'game' by moving up a weight class while GSP is a natural fighter at that weight.

I've been watching UFC Primetime with them both featured in the buildup to the fight and GSP looks to be in phenomenal shape. BJ is very talented and a hell of a fighter but I hope GSP stops him hard.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Yamahuh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
FAsT BOYS
 
Snair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 6,095
  
bj penn
Snair is offline  
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
7c Forever
 
Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the business end of a CAD station.
Posts: 9,879
  
GSP is possibly the only guy in the UFC that isn't a pride migrant that I really respect and consider best in class.

I'd very much like to see him fight Anderson Silva

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Junior is offline  
post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
speakin of mma, didnt anyone here see fedor knock out another former UFC champion.. hahahaha Tim Sylvia now Alrovski. Both fighters together barely made it 3 mins total lol
Hellbound is offline  
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
GSP Of course.

It is going to be a great fight no doubt.



I watched Affliction last night, that was like watching the special olympics compared to the UFC .


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
GSP Of course.

It is going to be a great fight no doubt.



I watched Affliction last night, that was like watching the special olympics compared to the UFC .

afliction has more top 10 hw fighters than ufc. U bring Josh Barnett in the UFC, i gurantee you he would take the title away from lesnar or mir. IM glad another organization is pickin up. Every week Dana white down talks former ufc fighters and any body who isnt in the ufc. Fedor has taken out 5 former ufc champions with ease.
Hellbound is offline  
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
kid1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 625
 
im going to have to go with GSP due to his overall skills and i just dont like Pen...he talks alot of unneccesary crap...and he wonders why he was portrayed as the bad guy in the ufc primetime shows.... Dana puts on some great fights but he trully is ignorant....he has tried to sign fedor and was unsucessfull n then starts declaring he isnt the best because he doesnt fight often, yet he's defeated all these former top ufc heavyweights who have been having more frequent fights so in my eyes that puts him at a disadvantage because of the whole ring rust thing and all that... and he's finishing all these guys with and !!!! at the end...he truly is the man...although id love to see him fight in the ufc i wouldnt like to see it against couture because i simply dont believe Couture's got what it takes to beat him anymore.... A Silva has the skill but i dont think he has the power to trade with fedor and be effective..... i say let brock get some more fights in with tough opponents and if he wins then set it up if he doesnt wait for some of these other up and coming heavy weights to show some promise and then tryn get fedor over to ufc......as for now i can agree with barnet being up next for fedor....just my .02cents


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kid1000 is offline  
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
afliction has more top 10 hw fighters than ufc. U bring Josh Barnett in the UFC, i gurantee you he would take the title away from lesnar or mir. IM glad another organization is pickin up. Every week Dana white down talks former ufc fighters and any body who isnt in the ufc. Fedor has taken out 5 former ufc champions with ease.
I'm pro-UFC so we will always disagree, the only person I would love to see in the UFC is Fedor other than him the rest of the affliction fighters are UFC has be-ens, which any UFC fighter will destroy including Lesnar.


Like I said the Affliction card was and is like the SPECIAL OLYIMPICS.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
BTW, WEC is on tonight.


WEC | World Extreme Cagefighting


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
I'm pro-UFC so we will always disagree, the only person I would love to see in the UFC is Fedor other than him the rest of the affliction fighters are UFC has be-ens, which any UFC fighter will destroy including Lesnar.


Like I said the Affliction card was and is like the SPECIAL OLYIMPICS.
so u think josh barnett is a has been? Only 5 losses to top fighters in the world?

The only problem with ufc is dana white. He tries to control everything. Remember Matt Lindland even though he lost last night would run thru most of the ufc 185 fighters. Josh Barnett would destroy lesnar no problem. Chris Horidescki would run thru alot of ur 155-165ers. The thing with ufc fans these days, they dont know what other great fighters their r outside the ufc.

WEC is in san diego tonight, i would have gone but its a lousy card, WE all know Feber is going to kill Pulver again
Hellbound is offline  
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter
 
Yamahuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Karaoke Hell
Posts: 2,106
 
Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
**** spoiler ***** Fedor fight

If you haven't seen it you've been warned


**** spoiler *****


**** spoiler *****


**** spoiler *****


**** spoiler *****





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
speakin of mma, didnt anyone here see fedor knock out another former UFC champion.. hahahaha Tim Sylvia now Alrovski. Both fighters together barely made it 3 mins total lol
Yeah I saw the highlights on mmascraps.com - weird knockout don't you think? Arlovski goes for the flying knee, Fedor hits him flush on the jaw mid-flight and he's out before he hits the ground.
Arlovski looked to be in great shape and Fedor looked ... dare I say it ... fat, but the man can punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
i say let brock get some more fights in with tough opponents and if he wins then set it up if he doesnt wait for some of these other up and coming heavy weights to show some promise and then tryn get fedor over to ufc......as for now i can agree with barnet being up next for fedor....just my .02cents
I think Mir is gonna cream Lesnar after his last performance against Nogueira. That was a complete domination against a man who many consider to be a living legend in the H/W division.
My .02 is Mir takes him out in the 1st round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
WEC is in san diego tonight, i would have gone but its a lousy card, WE all know Feber is going to kill Pulver again
Lil Evil ain't so evil anymore.


Course .... he'd kick the living s**t outta me.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 01-25-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Yamahuh is offline  
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
pulver needs to retire after tonight. The WEC card sucked. The last fight the best
Hellbound is offline  
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
so u think josh barnett is a has been? Only 5 losses to top fighters in the world?

The only problem with ufc is dana white. He tries to control everything. Remember Matt Lindland even though he lost last night would run thru most of the ufc 185 fighters. Josh Barnett would destroy lesnar no problem. Chris Horidescki would run thru alot of ur 155-165ers. The thing with ufc fans these days, they dont know what other great fighters their r outside the ufc.

WEC is in san diego tonight, i would have gone but its a lousy card, WE all know Feber is going to kill Pulver again
You liked Barnett fight? He sat on his opponent in the mounted position for almost the entire 15 minutes and still had problems finishing it. Barnett would get killed in the UFC if he tried that, actually be funny cause Lesnar with his weight advantage could do just the same to Barnett.

My opinion he would not last in the UFC past the first round.


Pulver got dominated, but that is no surprise considering who he was fighting.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Future King of the World
 
Mayo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tuscaloosa, Al
Posts: 2,307
 
Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Gsp.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mayo5 is offline  
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter
 
Yamahuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Karaoke Hell
Posts: 2,106
 
Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Yeah baby .... I can hardly wait!!

MMA Video Blog: MMA Scraps

BJ is a trashtalker and has said some ridiculous sh*t, I hope George crushes him, makes him look bad ... maybe even spanks him a little like Randy did to Tito.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 01-26-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Yamahuh is offline  
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
You liked Barnett fight? He sat on his opponent in the mounted position for almost the entire 15 minutes and still had problems finishing it. Barnett would get killed in the UFC if he tried that, actually be funny cause Lesnar with his weight advantage could do just the same to Barnett.

My opinion he would not last in the UFC past the first round.


Pulver got dominated, but that is no surprise considering who he was fighting.

first round he wasnt sitting on him, i recall him tee'in off on the guy. The 2nd round the dude finally did something, he was punchin from the back. What fight were u watchin?

ITs funny how everyone is on lesnars ass... Dude beat a guy who hasnt fought in over 14 months and was rusty. Lesnar was loosing till he got that one hit. I hope mir snaps his fuckin ankle. I cant stand how everyone thinks lesnar is the shit.. dude is not a top 10 fighter in the world
Hellbound is offline  
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter
 
Yamahuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Karaoke Hell
Posts: 2,106
 
Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Right now he's definitley a one trick pony.
Couture was making him look bad until Lesnar caught him with that ham-sized fist upside the head. That was the only reason he won that fight. If it had gone to the second round I reckon he would have gassed out and Randy would have taken it .... but .... we all know what happened.

Time for Mir to put the pride back in the division i.m.o

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Yamahuh is offline  
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Resident Redneck
 
Biga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On This Forum
Posts: 9,793
   
Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
first round he wasnt sitting on him, i recall him tee'in off on the guy. The 2nd round the dude finally did something, he was punchin from the back. What fight were u watchin?

ITs funny how everyone is on lesnars ass... Dude beat a guy who hasnt fought in over 14 months and was rusty. Lesnar was loosing till he got that one hit. I hope mir snaps his fuckin ankle. I cant stand how everyone thinks lesnar is the shit.. dude is not a top 10 fighter in the world

Actually I don't think much of Lesnar, I just think he would beat Barnett. IMO

The link Yamahuh posted has the complete fight, the fight was so boring that I might have missed a few minutes of it, but for about 11 minustes Josh sat on the other guy and did nothing.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biga is offline  
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
I dont think lensar would have a chance against barnett for many reasons...

His experience in fights
He has fough the best in the world and has done pretty well, only 5 losses.
He's beat ( Pedro Rizzo, Jeff Monson, Antonio R Nog, Alesksander Emeilianko, knocked out randy couture in 2nd rd, Mark Hunt via 1st rd sub) Lesnar doesnt know what top notch competition except when he lost to Mir, Couture just came back rusty.


Remember Barnett is a pro wrestler as well, and his striking is good. Brock will only have a about 10 lbs size diff on this guy. I think Lesnar has alot of potential but hes not ready for top end fighters yet... If mir looses this match it will be cus his hands. I think Lesnar will be better at take downs but Mir has the subs. So i think Lesnar's game plan will to be on the feet strikin and stuffin Mirs take down attempts
Hellbound is offline  
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
 
go gsp, bj talks too much shit....
SB1000RR is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UFC 63: Matt Hughes Vs Bj Penn Vid Hellbound Media 4 09-28-2006 03:29 PM
Sean Penn R1Nomad Anything Goes 6 09-06-2005 08:51 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome