Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
The Long Way Round

Searched, and didn't see this posted already.

It's a good TV mini-series. It's a documentary about two actors(Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman) who travel from London to NYC on motorcycles.(BMW)

It's a pretty interesting show, and alot of awesome shots and raw footage. Ofcourse it helps they are famous actors, so I think they got alot of extra help and attention; but needless to say it would be a life changing ride.

Highly reccommend it, if you have a chance to rent/buy/download it.

The Trailer:

You can tell they have made some of it more "television friendly", but it's still a good show and worth checking out. A no, they are not the best of riders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Yeah Mayo5 it's been out for a while now, but I agree with you it's still a great show.
Since they did LWR they have wrapped Long Way Down in which they travel from the Northern tip of Scotland to the Southern tip of S. Africa (I'm reading the book at the moment actually). In between 'Round' and 'Down' Charlie Boorman competed in the Paris to Dakar off road race - probably the most gruelling race in the world.

All are available on DVD and motorsport related torrent sites for download.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I have the Long Way Down and thought it was good viewing. Charley being a dick at the end and causing that accident with one of the support riders f"cking annoyed me. Thought he was a right dick for that. I still want to get Long Way Round and Charley doing the Dakar
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Yeah Mayo5 it's been out for a while now, but I agree with you it's still a great show.
Since they did LWR they have wrapped Long Way Down in which they travel from the Northern tip of Scotland to the Southern tip of S. Africa (I'm reading the book at the moment actually). In between 'Round' and 'Down' Charlie Boorman competed in the Paris to Dakar off road race - probably the most gruelling race in the world.

All are available on DVD and motorsport related torrent sites for download.

I know it's been out for a while, don't remember it coming on TV; but thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I have the Long Way Down and thought it was good viewing. Charley being a dick at the end and causing that accident with one of the support riders f"cking annoyed me. Thought he was a right dick for that. I still want to get Long Way Round and Charley doing the Dakar
Yeah, he was my least favorite on the show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
LOL!!
I think Charley's cool.
Watch the 'Race to Dakar' and you'll see what I mean.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode