Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Reptile lovers?

So I have always been a fan of snakes. Last night while my girl and I were watching a show on snakes..........we decided to head to the local pet store to take a look at snakes just for the hell of it.

Less than an hour later..........well..........I made a complete impulse buy and came home with a Boa Constrictor. I stayed up last night and did all my research on making sure I had the information needed to properly handle and take care of the snake. I got lots of great information and a nice cage kit to go along with him/her. (I'm not sure of the sex.....forgot to ask lol)

My GF is very excited about it. She tells me in the car on the way home......"Thank's for the Anniversary gift." Anyways I feel blessed knowing I have a GF that accepts a Boa Constrictor as an Ann. gift.

So who else in here is a snake and/or reptile fan? And who owns them?

Would love to see everyones picture if they got em!

I will be posting mine up soon. Right now all I have is shitty Blackberry photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 AM
jimmy crack corn

I had a red tail for a while It's shit smelled up the house something terrible .
It bit me one time .

but Yeah they are cool to own.
wash your hands after handling food(mice) so it doesnt think you are its next meal. LOL

David
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
I had a red tail for a while It's shit smelled up the house something terrible .
It bit me one time .

but Yeah they are cool to own.
wash your hands after handling food(mice) so it doesnt think you are its next meal. LOL
Yeah I was told that I'm actually suppose to take the snake out of its cage and feed it in a different area......i.e another box because if you feed them in their cage......everytime you open there cage from there on out to handle them they will automatically associate the opening of the cage as a feeding time and might strike you.

There were a few snakes I was looking at before I made my decision. Was looking at a couple pythons as well. I chose the Boa because it was the least aggressive. But that all depends on how often you handle them. Pitbulls are nice animals too but if you never pay attention to it, never feed it, and/or treat it like shit it's only going to return the favor.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Pictures! Look at the snake..........not my GF's tits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snake1.jpg (121.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg snake2.jpg (103.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg snake3.jpg (114.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg snake4.jpg (112.4 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 AM
jimmy crack corn

nice

Mine bit me for no reason I knew all the rules It bit me all the time when it was little but as it got bigger I thought it had gotten over it. it nailed me and drew blood . probably molting or it was just a tough snake.

one of my friends is as afraid of snakes as a person could be.
we were in a pet store that had a very large brumese python (like 18 feet long) I asked if they knew it was out of water the store worker proceeded to open the cage to grab the bowl and the snake attacked latched on and wouldnt let go. I'm fairly disciplined but I gotta admit I jumped back . my friend took off running and would not return into the petshop.

David
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Pictures! Look at the snake..........not my GF's tits.
I have to say i'm now a fan of your GF's tits

Seriously, send a pm to R1Nomad. He's a reptile expert.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I like snakes, just not a fan of them in the house. Then again I am an Aussy and most of our snakes will kill you if they decide to have a taste test
A guy I used to know in the Middle East had a bloody Sand Viper as pet. I told him he was bloody crazy. He had the heated terrarium for it in his room, but the bloody thing still got out. He shit himself until he found the snake snuggled up under a cupboard. Snake was released back in the desert next day. Lesson learnt.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Gang Green

never been into snakes much, don't dislike them, just wouldn't get one as a pet.
I had two leopard geckos but gave them away as they were boring
Back down to just the cats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 PM
The Beer Fairy

I'm not sure what's more impressive, your new little friend or your girls clevage

I've had snakes on and off all my life. I grew up on a 40 acre horse ranch in south Florida so wild snakes have always been around. Every now and then, either my brother or I would catch a little rat snake or corn snake as they're also called and we'd throw it in a cage and keep it until the next exciting thing came along and let it loose again.

Congrats on your new pet!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
No Crying Allowed

The only good snake is a dead snake

I hate snakes..... and kill everyone I see.... but then again I only see rattler's so that's my experience.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
The Beer Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
The only good snake is a dead snake

I hate snakes..... and kill everyone I see.... but then again I only see rattler's so that's my experience.
I agree with you there on the rattlers! I don't think I'd be grabbing one of those on the ground as fast as I would a King Snake or a Black Racer. Fortunately, South Florida doesn't really have any rattlers, we just have Water Moccosins and Coral Snakes instead
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn

eeww

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post

eeww
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post

eeww
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHugger View Post
I'm not sure what's more impressive, your new little friend or your girls clevage

I've had snakes on and off all my life. I grew up on a 40 acre horse ranch in south Florida so wild snakes have always been around. Every now and then, either my brother or I would catch a little rat snake or corn snake as they're also called and we'd throw it in a cage and keep it until the next exciting thing came along and let it loose again.

Congrats on your new pet!
Thank's.......and Thank's.

Yeah I never grew up around snakes but have always loved them. When I was in the 5th grade we had a guy come in with a huge Boa Constrictor and the whole class all sat in next to eachother and he layed it on our laps and let us all hang onto it together. Ever since then I have loved snakes........Boa Constrictors in general.

There were 2 Ball Pythons that I was checking out as well but they weren't as purdy as the Boa. The Boa was 2 times as expensive but well worth it. That and Boas in general I think are less aggressive. That all depends on how often you handle the snake though. I make sure to take mine out atleast 4 or 5 times a day, 20 minutes at a time and just let him crawl around on me.

He is very friendly and very curious. He actually kinda reminds me of a little puppy when I take him out of the cage. I try to put him back in the cage and he constricts to my hands and keeps his head out of the cage like he don't wanna go back in, lol. They can be dangerous sure.......but so can a Pitbull. And the last time I checked........there were way more PitBull attacks versus Boa Attacks, lol. There interesting.

Right now he is between 3 and 4 months old I'd say. They are about 2 feet long when born......he is a little over 2 feet now. I'm sure he'll be over 10 feet. Wisconsin State law is any snake over 10 feet is illegal in city limits. So I'm hoping he doesn't go over. But if he does........that wont be for a long while yet anyways and most likely wont be in the same place anyways.

Last edited by Matt; 05-16-2009 at 04:25 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
.....Wisconsin State law is any snake over 10 feet is illegal in city limits.....
I think that that is the size when a snake like that is capable of ingesting dogs, small children etc

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
I think that that is the size when a snake like that is capable of ingesting dogs, small children etc
Exactly,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode