Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Damn Deer!!

Well I was on my way to work Monday morning at about 4:30 a.m and hit a deer on I94 about 2 miles from my exit. Had absolutely no time to react. Came out of nowhere. I think he wanted to commit suicide or something.

Anyways to make a long story short......I decided to call in for work and turn around and drive home. Was kinda hard to see out the windsheild as my hood was bent up into an upside down V.

It was just my work car (96 Dodge Avenger) but still had to fork out 500 to the local Salvage yard for the parts that I needed.

Hood
Radiator
Radiator Support
Both headlights
and a Hood latch.

On my way home I was actually kinda counting my blessings as that morning I was going to take the bike to work. Had the key in the ignition and had my jacket and helmet ready to go. Then something just kinda came over me and I didn't wan't to take the bike. Just wanted to relax in the car and drink my coffee and listen to the radio. So I took the car instead. Could have been MUCH MUCH worse.

Use to hunt when I was younger.........hunted for about 5 or 6 years. Never killed a deer. So far this is my second deer kill in an automobile though. lol.

Anyways, just blabbering.

If anyone else has any similar stories feel free to share them.

Last edited by Matt; 05-28-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:19 PM
250 cc pilota.

Ugh! That sucks! Glad it wasn´t your bike..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustav o View Post
ugh! That sucks! Glad it wasn´t your bike..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
jimmy crack corn

so far I've hit two with my truck and the truck was unhurt both times- the deers didn't do so well

I've come close to hitting a few on my past bikes I think about deers alot at night especially since my current bike has fairly weak headlights.

David
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
so far I've hit two with my truck and the truck was unhurt both times- the deers didn't do so well

I've come close to hitting a few on my past bikes I think about deers alot at night especially since my current bike has fairly weak headlights.
Yeah I've ridden to work once so far this year on my bike at night. Headlights on the R1 seem decent. Better than my 04 750. But I'd still like to get HID's

I rarely ride at night but it would be a nice mod in general I think regardless. And not to expensive.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I want pics of the carnage!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Back in 1994 I had the fresh brand new ZX-7 in the green white and squiggle blue line paint. Coming home around 230am from a friends house in NJ, 65mph, and BLAMMO!!! I don't think I even got my finger all the way over the brake lever and the deer had run in front of me, stopped, looked up, shit itself probably, took off running and in turn grabbed the entire front end of the bike sending it way over on the left, and I kept going straight.
Now no war stories about flying 200 yards, getting caught in power lines, or any nonsense like that, but it did cut the rear end/leg completely off the deer, totaled the bike, gave me a little road rash from the 20 foot air to tarmac flight and the 30 foot roll, and tore my rotator cuff since my shoulder was the 1st thing to hit the pavement.
Bottom line- deer suck, and they are stupid as shit.
You will never win against one vs a bike.
I have also hit 2 other deer, a dog, a bird, and got hit in the head by a wild turkey that flew out of the woods. Might be why I left NJ- too many animals, too many roads, and not enough forrest for the bastards to stay put in.

You are VERY lucky you weren't on the bike bro. It never ends well and is like having someone kick the front end out from under you.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
Back in 1994 I had the fresh brand new ZX-7 in the green white and squiggle blue line paint. Coming home around 230am from a friends house in NJ, 65mph, and BLAMMO!!! I don't think I even got my finger all the way over the brake lever and the deer had run in front of me, stopped, looked up, shit itself probably, took off running and in turn grabbed the entire front end of the bike sending it way over on the left, and I kept going straight.
Now no war stories about flying 200 yards, getting caught in power lines, or any nonsense like that, but it did cut the rear end/leg completely off the deer, totaled the bike, gave me a little road rash from the 20 foot air to tarmac flight and the 30 foot roll, and tore my rotator cuff since my shoulder was the 1st thing to hit the pavement.
Bottom line- deer suck, and they are stupid as shit.
You will never win against one vs a bike.
I have also hit 2 other deer, a dog, a bird, and got hit in the head by a wild turkey that flew out of the woods. Might be why I left NJ- too many animals, too many roads, and not enough forrest for the bastards to stay put in.

You are VERY lucky you weren't on the bike bro. It never ends well and is like having someone kick the front end out from under you.
Thank's for the story and YIKES!

Sounds like you were actually pretty fortunate compared to how it could of happened.

Only things I have hit on a bike so far to date was a Robbin hit me in the shoulder at 120 mph and a Rabbit at 65 mph. No damage to the bike or me though. I don't plan on taking my bike to work anymore after this incident. I would be a little too nervous and it's not worth it. I live in Western WI and the animals........deer especially are crazy out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I want pics of the carnage!
No pictures sorry, lol. Car just got dropped off today. All fixed. Except now I have a black hood on a white car. Get's painted next week. In the mean time I'll just tell everyone it's Carbon Fiber.

Last edited by Matt; 05-29-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
7c Forever

Deer are crazy, stupid and do all the wrong things at the wrong moment. Mind you even people have a bad tendancy to freeze up and get themselves killed when faced with probable death.

But god damn do they ever taste good. (the deer, not the people.)

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Deer are crazy, stupid and do all the wrong things at the wrong moment. Mind you even people have a bad tendancy to freeze up and get themselves killed when faced with probable death.

But god damn do they ever taste good. (the deer, not the people.)
I agree.

If I wasn't so pissed and didn't have to go to work I would have turn around and cut him up.

MMMMMMMMM!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
7c Forever

hehehe, I'd maybe have called in and taken the time to get him in the trunk.

I imagine peeling a deer with a pocketknife would be difficult, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

drag him behind the truck - he'll be done by the time you get home

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
drag him behind the truck - he'll be done by the time you get home

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I agree.

If I wasn't so pissed and didn't have to go to work I would have turn around and cut him up.

MMMMMMMMM!!!
it sounds like it would work but unfortunately road kill deer wouldn't taste very good. Since it was hit by a car, the meat is all bruised up and once it's bruised up on the inside, it's not very good to eat.

We go hunting out in the Everglades and a few years back, and it happens every so often when the next up and coming group of young idiots are allowed to hunt without their daddies for the first time, but the guys would get out there on their airboats and run them down instead of shooting them legally. They'd just chase the deer on the boats through the brush until the poor thing was too exhausted to run anymore, and when they finally would catch up to it, they'd park the airboat on top of the thing making it drown. Sometimes you could hear the deer struggling under the boat trying to use what last bit of energy it had left to try to escape and get to air but by then it would be too late. And it's totally pointless and idiotic because they meat isn't good when they do that anyway with all the adrenaline running through its blood and the deer getting beat up by the boat.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaHugger View Post
it sounds like it would work but unfortunately road kill deer wouldn't taste very good. Since it was hit by a car, the meat is all bruised up and once it's bruised up on the inside, it's not very good to eat.

We go hunting out in the Everglades and a few years back, and it happens every so often when the next up and coming group of young idiots are allowed to hunt without their daddies for the first time, but the guys would get out there on their airboats and run them down instead of shooting them legally. They'd just chase the deer on the boats through the brush until the poor thing was too exhausted to run anymore, and when they finally would catch up to it, they'd park the airboat on top of the thing making it drown. Sometimes you could hear the deer struggling under the boat trying to use what last bit of energy it had left to try to escape and get to air but by then it would be too late. And it's totally pointless and idiotic because they meat isn't good when they do that anyway with all the adrenaline running through its blood and the deer getting beat up by the boat.
Ok I didn't need to hear that story. UGH!

Not that I'm some tree hugging, animal rights hippie or anything but that's just wrong.

People like that need to die the same way.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
7c Forever

it's a waste of a life.

I'm ok with hunting, no problem there, do it myself, have done since I was old enough to shoot straight and probably will continue to for all my days. But if you kill it you've got a responsibility to make sure it didn't die "just for fun" or "just because."

Running a deer till it dies of a heart attack or drowning it wastes the meat and it's a useless death.

I'm also of the mind that you should use as much of the deer as possible, if for nothing more than dog meat with the stuff not fit to eat yourself.

Along that same line I don't have a problem with whaling, I figure 1 minke whale dieing for meat is better than ~30 bluefin tuna.

That's my $0.02 anyhow, call me a treehugger if you want

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok I didn't need to hear that story. UGH!

Not that I'm some tree hugging, animal rights hippie or anything but that's just wrong.

People like that need to die the same way.
Believe me, I didn't need to see it either. I'd love to chase one of them down and beat them up with an airboat!

Quote:
it's a waste of a life.

I'm ok with hunting, no problem there, do it myself, have done since I was old enough to shoot straight and probably will continue to for all my days. But if you kill it you've got a responsibility to make sure it didn't die "just for fun" or "just because."

Running a deer till it dies of a heart attack or drowning it wastes the meat and it's a useless death.

I'm also of the mind that you should use as much of the deer as possible, if for nothing more than dog meat with the stuff not fit to eat yourself.

Along that same line I don't have a problem with whaling, I figure 1 minke whale dieing for meat is better than ~30 bluefin tuna.

I agree with you too, I wouldn't say you're a treehugger, you're just not an idiot.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
it's a waste of a life.

No your not a tree hugger. You just have a concious. Something all human beings should have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode