Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Got Layed off on Tuesday. Please read all

I quit my job of almost 9 years as a Manager for a large flooring company here in Colorado for another Large wholesale flooring company that is Nationwide for what I thought was a career enhancer. I left because I didnt like the tactics of what upper management was making me do to people and how I was treated. So I left for what I thought was a better company with total growth potential for my career and pocket book. I did what I was told and making cold calls everyday and bringing business into the store that wasnt there before. I did over $160,000 in new sales in 3 months and had a lot of things bigger going to happen soon. Tuesday me and 2 other salespeople were brought into the back office at 10 minutes until it was time to go home and they said that the store numbers were down and us 3 were at the bottom so we are laying you off. I was like WTF. I am doing so well. The other 2 were planning on getting fired or quitting anyhow. But was a total suprise to ME!

The only thing that makes sense to me is this. They let me go because they had no intention of keeping me on. Me and the others made calls and brought business back or brought new customers in or brought OUR customers in to them and while our business was going up and most of the Veterens business' were down they let us go so the store numbers were going up and the Vet's (while there numbers were down) could reap the benefits of our hard work.

This is why there are a rotating 5 people of noobs and the others have 5+ years.

WTF?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 PM
No Crying Allowed

Sorry to hear this Beav, it's not surprising to hear this though as it's a sign of the times these days, anyone and everyone is vulnerable to this happening, if anything thinks otherwise they better think again. The bottom line with any business is it's about money, no matter what they tell you or what they say, if your not making the company money or someone else could do better then watch out because it will happen. When things are good, some of the things are often overlooked, but when times are tough every little thing counts.

Hopefully something will come your way and things will be alright for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Lover the thing was I WAS MAKING them money. Now and the future. Ask anyone in sales to bring in $160,000 in new sales in 3 months is a GREAT thing. I think its just bad business PERIOD!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:58 PM
No Crying Allowed

My day job is sales bro, I have been in sales and sales management for about 9 years, my current job was replacing someone that thought he was doing well and was improving his sales as well. The thing is there are always "better" out there and when things are tight they will always go for what makes them more money. While it could be bad business management as well, one thing I used to tell people under me was to never question management because they employees will never have the same information that the management does to make their decisions. I'm not trying to argue with you, just shedding some light from a different perspective is all.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
That sucks Beav. Hope you'll find something else soon.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Beav, tell all your old customers you brought in, that you got fucked by company

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Gang Green

This is exactly why I am staying at my current job. I work for a non-profit and am the entire IT department in my office. I also support the other two offices in the US.
I know I could get paid more for what I do outside the non-profit world, but this job is as close to totally secure as it gets (and I love it too). I have a kid now so security beats a bit more (risky) money.
My boss is fighting to get me a $5,000 raise though, hope it goes through, it will get me closer to the range for what I should be getting for this work.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Sorry to hear that beav. It sucks to hear of people getting laid off. These are the times for it to happen. My current job works off of grants from healthcare and federal government and even that has been tough. I got a letter saying that my pay has been frozen for two years. Good luck on the job search.

Last edited by R6Flyby; 07-06-2009 at 10:36 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Beav, tell all your old customers you brought in, that you got fucked by company
I'm about to. I have a line on a company where I do the same thing as before calling customers for a wholeseler and I get every dollar $$$$ above 10% over cost. I have a friend at the old comp that grabbed my customer list and is going to give it to me and that is 400+ customer base to start from. I will basically having a home based business and have no work place to report to and no boss to tell shy I didnt make that sale.

In the mean time an installer friend of mine ha givin me a job installing for him for $$$ untill I get rollin in my new adventure.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking - 2 can play the 'Fuck you' game.
Sorry to hear of your lay off Beav but the bright side is that with proven sales skills you should be able to land another job pretty quick.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Sorry to hear this Beav, hope you find something better soon.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
That sucks..

I'm getting ready to cut my employee's hours down, I can't afford to pay them for sweeping the same spot every day... I hope my Business picks up pretty soon.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 AM

damn sorry to hear this, man
hope you can get another job soon
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
If you ever need anyone to come over and wax the Porche or blow the cobwebs out of the Ducati's, give me a call mate.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
If you ever need anyone to come over and wax the Porche or blow the cobwebs out of the Ducati's, give me a call mate.

Take a flight then. I guess the Porsche needs to be waxed before the weekend
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

I have decided to start my own wholesale flooring business. I have, as of today, hooked up with a guy/storefront that I can purchase flooring through. He gets the first 10% and the rest is mine. I will be able to beat anyones price and make a tone of money at home. I can use the storefront to show samples and meet people. I have to have a registered trade name and a tax ID#. It will be a fun ride and a learning curve but I will no longer have a BOSS or have to show up to work anylonger. I know a lot of people and this WILL be a good thing.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 PM
No Crying Allowed

Great news beav..... go get em....

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
That reAllly sucks beav! Good Luck on you biz venture! I hope it all werks out for u. I'll be trying to get my biz up an run ing in about 4 hrs.... But remember WERE always looking for a few GOOD men!!! Lol j/k. Good luck bro, keep us posted on your progress.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode