Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Exclamation My Racing Club In Trouble read all....SAD!

As many of you have surmised by now, the club is in serious financial trouble. In spite of the Board's best efforts to put on a fun, challenging, steady, and varied race season in 2009 - nobody has been showing up. We have over 250 licensed racers for 2009 - but only about 150 of the 250 have even attended a race this season. We can only assume the economy has had a bigger impact on our members than we could have anticipated...

At any rate, it's come down to this:

It will be UP TO THE MEMBERS to decide whether or not we finish out the 2009 race season. Simply put, YOUR vote will be based on YOUR attendance (or lack thereof) at the remaining three rounds at High Plains.

Based on our current financials, we MUST have at least 140 racers at each of the remaining three rounds at High Plains for there to be any reasonable chance of us completing the season.

If we have 120 racers at the next HPR round, we'll have less than a 50/50 chance of doing the two remaining rounds.

If we have fewer than 100 racers sign up for the July 25/26 round at HPR - we will cancel that event, and the rest of the season.

It is absolutely imperative that people come out of the woodwork and support our club - NOW! If you can't afford to run the sprints, at least show up and do some endurance racing on Saturday. If you can't afford to race at all, then grab up all your friends and family and bring them to watch the races. Even a $10 gate fee will help at this point.

If you're wondering "where did all the money go" I can summarize it pretty easily below:

We've never had very much to start with

We lost money at the school - this is normal

We made a modest profit at Round #1 Pueblo I WAS THERE

We made a small profit at Round #2 High Plains I WAS THERE

We lost over $23,000 on Rounds #3 & 4 at Hastings I WAS THERE

We lost a small amount at Round #5 High Plains MY RACES CANCELLED BECAUSE OF A DOUBLE CLUB RACE WITH USGPRU)

We lost over $10,000 at Round #6 Pueblo

If you want greater detail, please come to the General Meeting tomorrow night - but overwhelmingly where we've lost money it's because the turnout was low. Hastings averaged 75 riders between the two events, and the recent Pueblo had only 90 riders. Our NORMAL turnout for a race weekend is between 120 and 150 riders. At $200 per rider (average entry fee) that's a difference of as much as $45,000 in lost revenue for just Hastings and the recent Pueblo round. Given our fixed costs to operate an event, there is no way we can recover from those types of losses without a stellar turnout at the remaining rounds.

We have discussed as a Board where we can cut operating costs WITHOUT reducing the quality of the events and WITHOUT comprimising rider safety. Unfortunately, our options are limited - but here's what we've come up with which will take effect immediately and will remain in place for the remainder of the season:

1) The Board of Directors will take a 50% reduction in compensation

2) The Race of the Rockies payouts will be reduced by 50%

3) We will utilize an "appropriate" number of corner workers, instead of being overstaffed as we have been this year

4) All spending that doesn't directly relate to running/promoting the remaining events will be suspended

That's it in a nutshell.

Here's what you guys, as members can do:

1) SHOW UP, SHOW UP, SHOW UP

2) Promote, promote, promote

3) Bring a friend - get your buddy off his butt and on the track

4) Run an extra class (what the hell, it's only $20...)

5) Forfeit your ROR checks

6) Donate to the cause, if you can

This is an absolutely desperate time for the club. We WILL NOT run another event in 2009 if it will cause us to go further into debt. It would be better to shelve the season and start fresh in 2010 than continue to run at a loss. Please, please - show your support for YOUR club and do whatever YOU can to ensure a good turnout at the final three rounds...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beavisr1; 07-10-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 AM
FAsT BOYS

i dont have the money to race anymore but here at mmp the utah sportbike association runs the series. the only compensation im aware of for the club officers is that they get to race free if they have time. in the past corner workers etc got volunteer credits they can use toward a race of school. there are alot of guys out here who doante time because of their love of the sport. it has worked out very well so far
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 AM
No Crying Allowed

Ya it sounds like they are money hungry or screwing the riders with all that money. There is no reason the cost should be that high, or the board getting paid... beav do you know who is charging all this money for them to be loosing thousands on each race?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 AM
No Crying Allowed

based on the numbers above they need 28,000.00 for each race to break even... WTF where is all this money going?

Someone is getting bent over big time... total BS imo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

good question lover. Maybe I should ask for a financial prospectis(sp) for each race

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
Ya it sounds like they are money hungry or screwing the riders with all that money. There is no reason the cost should be that high, or the board getting paid... beav do you know who is charging all this money for them to be loosing thousands on each race?
exactly. im wondering what track rental is there. all the rest sounds bogus. i mean here both ama and world superbike was/ is staffed by volunteers. the track has thier paid employees for the gates etc but the usba takes care of all of the rest including commentary. rookies must also commit to time until they become experts. beav maybe you need to take over and kick out the money grubbers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
No Crying Allowed

I would love to know for real guys... maybe we can exploit them for screwing the riders lol

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM

It might be nice to know what race series you are referring to. I could dig through the RoadRacingWorld schedule and figure it out, but it would easier to just state it directly.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

I race for the MRA. A colorado based race club. I got another notice in the mail today that urgered riders to sign up and race. But I have no Idea why it costs 30 grand for a weekend to have a race.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode