Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

Teddy did some great things for this country...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 AM
FAsT BOYS

about time
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Hey, didn't he murder someone, but get away with it?

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
about time
lol that's cold bro

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
jimmy crack corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Hey, didn't he murder someone, but get away with it?
Let me google that for you

David
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Saying he killed someone made me think he shot someone and got away with it

but as you can see below that wasn't the case....

Quote:
On the night of July 18, 1969, Kennedy was on Martha's Vineyard's Chappaquiddick Island at a party for the "Boiler Room Girls", a group of young women who had worked on his brother Robert's presidential campaign the year before.[45] Leaving the party, Kennedy was driving a 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 with one of the women, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, as his passenger, when Kennedy drove off Dike Bridge into the Poucha Pond inlet. Kennedy escaped the overturned vehicle and swam to safety, but Kopechne died in the car. Kennedy left the scene and did not call authorities until after Kopechne's body was discovered the following day.[45]

On July 25, Kennedy pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and was given a sentence of two months in jail, suspended.[45] That night, he gave a national broadcast in which he said, "I regard as indefensible the fact that I did not report the accident to the police immediately," but denied driving under the influence of alcohol and denied any immoral conduct between him and Kopechne.[45] Kennedy asked the Massachusetts electorate whether he should stay in office, and after getting a favorable response, he did.[45]

In January 1970, an inquest into Kopechne's death took place in Edgartown, Massachusetts.[45] At the request of Kennedy's lawyers, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ordered the inquest be conducted in secret.[45][47][48] The presiding judge, James A. Boyle, concluded that some aspects of Kennedy's story of that night were not true, and that "negligent driving appears to have contributed to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne."[48] A grand jury on Martha's Vineyard staged a two-day investigation in April 1970 but issued no indictment, after which Boyle made his inquest report public.[45] Kennedy deemed its conclusions "not justified."[45] Doubts about the Chappaquiddick incident generated a large number of articles and books over the next several years.[49]

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM
jimmy crack corn

yeah I was not a fan.
everyone in politics is saying all sorts of great things about him in the press.
to me it seems he got away with murder.

David
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
The answer? Simple: 42

Good riddance. Now if we can just get rid of a number of others in gov't we'll be much better off.

BTW, heard on the radio this morning that part of the settlement between the families is that the Kopechne family wouldn't publicly speak about the incident until after Ted died. Guess what? They're going to start talking and it's going to shed a whole new light on him that many won't like.

Last edited by fjorn; 08-26-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ya this is going to be a mess... the democrat's are going to use him as a pon to get the health care bill through and also many are going to dig in his past as well.

Sad to see, if someone dies, let them rest in peace.... isn't that where the saying came from anyway? "Rest in Peace" ???

anyway it will give the US something to cover the tv screens and radio with for the next few weeks

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 AM

I doubt the healthcare bill is going to be pushed through now. Looks like many of the more central Dems are pulling away from it due to various reasons.

While I agree about letting many people rest in peace, I think people with certain types of notoriety shouldn't be given it.

I'll gladly listen to Kennedy's death info compared to Jackson's. At least his is a little more interesting... Eventually though, we'll all get sick of it too.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm still trying to figure what he did good???? He had multiple DUI's (heard over 20) and basically kiiled that chick in the river. Other than that, he led alot of anti-military type legislation so it's about time he died.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Call me abnormal here but weather you agree with his side or you are on the other side... the man devoted his life to working for our country. If you are on the left or right doesn't matter to me personally, as a person we are all human, when we die we shall all deserve respect regardless of weather you agree with the views or not of the one that has passed away.

My post and a little respect for him. was not for the right or left side he was on, but more as a human that did a lot of work in his life to try and better the USA.

I guess I'm the minority here though... but that's ok too!, as I respect all sides and opinions.

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM
7c Forever

I'm with ya man. I don't really agree with everything he did but he spent his whole life doing his damnedest and that deserves respect.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM

As far as I could tell from watching and seeing him throughout his political career, all I could see him working for was to make himself more powerful and to bleed as much taxpayer dollars to his state as he possibly could. Basically no different than any other politician and I guess that sums it up. He was a politition so he gets no respect from me. Remember, I have to deal with Barbera Boxer and Dianne Feinstein here in Calli so I'm totally f*cked
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I don't care for politicians either, but they are part of the system we are forced to deal with... I feel for you with Barbara and Dianne, I would not wish that on anyone.

Also something to keep in mind is part of politics is making the "other" party look bad... lol so what we see and hear in the media is not always the case...

Either way....

p.s. jr, glad to see there are a few at least

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I feel for you with Barbara and Dianne, I would not wish that on anyone.
Hey, could be worse...

Klobuchar and Franken
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Happy trails to you! Until we meet again!.....

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
all that power and respect and he is dead at 77. power is a untangiable thing. fuck him and the bitch he killed in the river. and the health care bill will never pass. too many lobbyists and too much money. our "system" is too far corrupt and it will take a miriacle to bring us back and obama is not it. he is backing out of all his promises he made. I wish I could go back and post "I Told You So"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode