Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Oh f"ck, I just killed my mates Budgey...!!!

God damnit, I was cooking today and thought I had turned the stove off. Dickhead me put down a glass frypan lid on the stove over a still turned on low heat hot plate. I ate my food and went my bedroom for an hour or so I guess when I noticed a wierd smell, like a gas. I opened the door and walked into my kitchen. Shit it had a semi-smoke haze. Shit something has caught fire or smoldered. Yep looked at the stove and the frypan lid plastic had melted and given off gas, a lot of it. I thought F*CK the budgey. Looked in the cage, on the bottom stone dead. Double F*CK. This was an old budgey, but I didn't want the little fooker to die on my watch. I picked him out of the cage hoping he was still alive, but he was as stiff as a board. SOB..!!!
My mate had gone home to see the birth of his third baby.
Now I have to tell him somehow that I screwed up and killed his little pal of many years.

WTF do I do guys? I'm going to tell him the truth but should I buy a new one or two before he gets back to ease the pain or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
aaawwww shit man sorry to hear that. But dude, accidents happen.

Just tell the truth like you said and apologize and ask him if their is anything you can do to to make it right.

Im sure your buddy will be bummed.........but if he's any kind of rational human being he will know that your friendship is more important than a damn bird and that you just made a mistake.

I also wouldn't go out and just buy another bird either. Some other random bird won't replace the one he had, if he had any sort of attachment to it anyways. So maybe just OFFER to buy him a new one then if he says yes you guys could go to the pet store together to look at birds and let him pick one. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Matt; 09-03-2009 at 10:19 AM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
jimmy crack corn

I agree with Matt.
If it helps any when I had my bird the vet told me it was a common thing. teflon or the gas it gives off when heated is toxic , and birds are the first to feel the effects. Teflon must kill large numbers of pet birds .
so I would imagine any fumes could have done it . just overheating a teflon frying pan would have done it and there is no way you could have known that. It was a honest mistake , but I feel for you sorry

David
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response Mat. I have to pick him up when he gets back in country but I'm going to tell him before he comes back. That probably is the best way as you said and go with him to buy another one if wants to. I've put his bird in a sealed bag in the freezer so I he can take care of him his way. Still gutted I screwed up and accidently killed his bird.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mac, I knew they were sensitive, I just didn't realise how little was needed until now.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Call him and tell him before he gets back that way it won't be a shock when he does get back

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

That's what I intend to do thanks rinn. I'm ready for any outburst from him and won't be upset by it. I know he'll be pissed off with me, but I'll weather the storm if it comes.

I'll buy any bird he wants, not worried about the cost at all.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
7c Forever

thing is he might not want another bird.

I'm with the others tho, shit happens. It's sad to lose a friend but it'd be stupid to throw away another friend over a dumb mistake. Shit I wouldn't even be terribly upset if somebody accidentally managed to kill my dog. I mean I would be upset to be sure, but not with him. Just at the fact that the dog was gone. Mistakes happen.

Just DO NOT spoil his trip home to see his family over this.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deadbird.jpg (35.5 KB, 8 views)

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Here I am thinking "WTF is a budgey"?
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
Here I am thinking "WTF is a budgey"?

I have no clue lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Budgerigar, a very small parrot. Aussy slang.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
7c Forever

Canadian slang too I guess, I knew what it was right away.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:17 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
As long as you left his budgie smugglers alone, he can't be that upset

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

I was talking to a buddy of mine in Australia and I brought up what happened about the Budgey. I asked him what I should do with the Budgey?
He pipes up: 'stir fried with some chillies and green vegetables'
I actually burst out laughing along with him, the fooker
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM

When you tell him, send him a picture of you in a pirate outfit with it stuffed and perched on your shoulder. On it you could say "Sorry mate, your pbudgey died. But, I turned him into a great Halloween costume.

Last edited by fjorn; 09-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
When you tell him, send him a picture of you in a pirate outfit with it stuffed and perched on your shoulder. On it you could say "Sorry mate, your pudgey died. But, I turned him into a great Halloween costume.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post

Gimme a break. I was in the middle of dealing with a PoS vendor while trying to fix a broken Itanium2 server
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Gimme a break. I was in the middle of dealing with a PoS vendor while trying to fix a broken Itanium2 server

Hey I was the one you called Pudgey

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
So Warp........give us an update on this.

What happened? What did he say? You guys still friends?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode