Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Air Force Recruiting Experience

I went to a recruiter the other day to get the process going so that I could join the Air Force.... When I went in the guy took down my information, so that the Sgt.. could call me. I told him I was 6ft 220lbs. My bf% is around 16% which is pretty good. I run 3-5 miles, lift for 1hr and half, and swim for 30 mins every day.. Anyways he went on saying that Im too heavy to join the Air Force and that I have to cut 20lbs... He said there is no way his Sgt will waste his time calling me if I'm 220...

I was in complete shock, I mean ill loose the 20 no problem. Im a personal trainer at a gym and know the techniques but he wouldn't even let me set up a time to take an asvab test. I been taking the practice test lately and feel pretty confident....

The guy who took my info down was like, " Air force isnt recruiting power lifters and body builders" i was like wtf!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
That's weird.

Why does it matter how much you weigh if your healthy and fit? Atleast they could let you take a physical and some sort of physical training/testing to see if you can handle it.

BAH! How dumb.

I would have told him to Fuck off!

Sounds like he was just being cocky by that comment. Wasn't neccasary.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

yeah, so now I'm cranking up cardio even more to the extreme and slowing down the weights. Also my calorie intake has dropped a huge amount. I lifted all year to get to the size i want and now i got to kiss it all good bye haha
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
yeah, so now I'm cranking up cardio even more to the extreme and slowing down the weights. Also my calorie intake has dropped a huge amount. I lifted all year to get to the size i want and now i got to kiss it all good bye haha
lol ya. But if you wan't into the airforce bad enough I guess it shouldn't be a problem for ya. Good luck man.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Youcandoit.jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Perhaps they haven't got room for 220lbs in an F-22 cockpit

Oh yeah, tell Mr. No Diplomacy Recruiter to go fly a man-pole
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Definatley not fit for the Air Force. Slim down chubby LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 522181193_a3e6385d56.jpg (138.5 KB, 0 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 AM
doomsday machine

I think that may be a military-wide standard. Depending on your age, the maximum allowed weight for someone 6ft tall is right around 200. I was looking at it out of curiosity for Nat'l Guard not long ago and for me (age 29, also 6ft tall) it's 206. Even lower for someone with prior military service.

Here's the chart: http://www.nationalguard.com//traini...weight_def.php
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Rookie again

That's B.S. Like people are just beating down the recruiters doors across the U.S. I'm sure you'd drop a few Lbs in basic anyway. Hope you make it in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

Im already 6lbs down. Im just going to loose about 5 more than loose water weight and weigh in after. I think this is rediculous

I run 3-4 miles at the gym
Swim 45 mins
Run 2 miles at 1am...
and lift every other day
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Im already 6lbs down. Im just going to loose about 5 more than loose water weight and weigh in after. I think this is rediculous

I run 3-4 miles at the gym
Swim 45 mins
Run 2 miles at 1am...
and lift every other day

Perhaps offer the recruiter a ground and pound test. If he can stop you, youl walk out the recruting office

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

ahahahahaa just say hey " my 3 years of boxing, 3 years of muay thai, 1 yr of ju jitsu, 3 years of kick boxing and 6 years of Kempo/Kung fu" vs your " Military Combat of less than a year"! lol

My friend made a big point though .... if your on the battle field do you want a guy that can only carry one guy out or a guy that can carry multiple guys off the field that are injured... As long as your in shape it shouldn't matter. Pass all your damn fitness tests than we should be allowed.

If I was a celeb or say a rb from the nfl that is 5'11 220 lbs id get in no matter what... its straight bullshit
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
ahahahahaa just say hey " my 3 years of boxing, 3 years of muay thai, 1 yr of ju jitsu, 3 years of kick boxing and 6 years of Kempo/Kung fu" vs your " Military Combat of less than a year"! lol

My friend made a big point though .... if your on the battle field do you want a guy that can only carry one guy out or a guy that can carry multiple guys off the field that are injured... As long as your in shape it shouldn't matter. Pass all your damn fitness tests than we should be allowed.

If I was a celeb or say a rb from the nfl that is 5'11 220 lbs id get in no matter what... its straight bullshit
I don't think the recruiter is very bright. If he was worth his salt, a lot of his questioning would have worked out that you would be more than ideal.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Faster and Better

I went to the air force forums for some help, and another recruiter there said it dont matter if you pass all our fitness standards, or taped with execellent results.... all they care about right now is height/weight. Nothing else.. I thought that was pretty stupid
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I went to the air force forums for some help, and another recruiter there said it dont matter if you pass all our fitness standards, or taped with execellent results.... all they care about right now is height/weight. Nothing else.. I thought that was pretty stupid
Yeah I had a feeling that was brought up. Well if you want it bad, hunker down and lean off

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
bet they have some stupid as shit Govt rule where over 200lbs is not allowed or some shit..

Good luck!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
No Crying Allowed

Stop lifting and you will be set.................

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 08:52 AM

The quota for the AF this year is way down for new recruits so the recruiters in most areas only have to recruit one person a month. They are going to be very selective on who they let in.

With the newest AF pt standards recruiters maybe worried about letting someone in at your weight because if you didn't make it, he would look bad in the end.

My suggestion, if you want to go prove it to the recruiter you want this for your life and you're a worth while investment to the AF.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will sink you to their level and beat you with experience."
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
When I was in basic there was our platoon seargant. He was probally 150lbs max. Skinny but in shape. One morning we were doing push ups in morning pt and we were not sounding off like he wanted and he pointed to us in cadence and not skipping a pushup. up and down pointing and not repositioning his arm as someone would do with a one armed push up. thats fucking strong. and he was tiny

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
if your on the battle field do you want a guy that can only carry one guy out or a guy that can carry multiple guys off the field that are injured
That's a funny statement. We all know that the US airforce almost never is on the front line. Well unless you are a pilot, para rescue or a combat controller. If we break that down,
Pilots I could see a problem with weight issues, If I were para rescue I would bitch about having to carry a fat ass out from behind enemy lines.
Para rescue guys, I think they should be big Mo' Fos. I think the enemy should think they just saw Sasquatch and beileve that all americans are this big and not want to fight us. But if I were the pilot stranded, I would be very thankful that they sent in the big hitters.
Combat Controllers will have to sometimes if not always put up a good fight and I can see both ends of that argument.

Not sure on what type of MOS you are shooting for, But try talking to another recruiter in the area or even talking to the SGT face to face without the other deuch bag being around.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode