Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Gawd I hope the US dollar bounces back soon...

I've been getting paid in US dollars for years and in the last year I really starting to feel it with the dollars dropping value. I have a buddy working for a Danish company and is getting paid in Euros and he's laughing all the way to the BANK (EDIT).
Be nice if something were happen in the none too distant future with the dollar. I've been looking at getting European company based work based on the strength of the Euro alone.
Oh well time will tell.

Last edited by Warp Racer; 09-20-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: ur BANK that is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 AM
7c Forever

I hear ya man. I really do, and I second you on the looking for a job that pays in Euros.

I'm not counting on any big recovery of the US dollar tho, it'll start to return but it's gonna be a slow process.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Gang Green

hope it doesn't bounce back this week!
I'm heading to the US for a week, and with the CDN dollar getting close to par again, I'm looking forward to getting some good deals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 AM
7c Forever

lol, I definitely bought a CNC mill in December 2007 when the exchange rate was 1.07 in our favour.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:03 PM
No Crying Allowed

In March it was 1.22, I bought heavily into lumber we import from Canada at that time... it's now 1.08 which means we are sitting on inventory at a good price compared to replacement prices today.

It's normally always an up and down... but this year it has only gone down...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
its werkin out pretty good for me here in Japan!!!

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Actually Rhett, I watch the exchange rate every day as it comes to my mail box. The dollar has been on steady decline since 2000. It has peaked a couple of times but it is dropping. In 2000 it was 47 Thai baht to the dollar. Now its around 33.5. I've been using www.xe.com as my converter for years. My pay check has devalued by over 25%.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
yen rate is REALL LOW so I get BOOOKO COLA!!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 12:54 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
The UN wants to replace the dollar as the worlds currency because of the decline...

Wanna know what would happen if they do that all the countries in the world that carry US currency on reserve will flood the market and you will see the US dollar head lower than the Peso IMHO...

Stuipd ass UN it won't happen cuz when has the UN really done anything substantial

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
7c Forever

well they started the korean war, I'd call that substantial. I bet Gunny would too, heheh.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm didn't know it happened like that? Definitely going to do a search on what you stated Junior.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM
7c Forever

The United Nations and the Korean War

We owe them a lot for that. They managed to keep a little war little, that very easily could have spilled over very quickly, the USSR's atomic weapons program was off the ground by then and they'd managed to get ahold of most of the V2 development information from Peenemunde.

V2 was the first real ICBM, well capable of delivering a nuclear warhead at ranges of ~2000 miles. Perhaps not quite a threat to the US Eastern Seaboard but the far north radar line wasn't set-up yet either.

God knows how close they came only 10 years later, with the USSR testing 50Mt warheads and the missile crisis in full bore. There was the 100Mt design too. The threat of nuclear war is vastly overstated most of the time, all this about destroying the whole world many times over and such, which is really a crock. But seriously those 100Mt'ers were no joke, that's a city into a crater in 1 shot, even if it's not a direct hit.

For reference, the largest bomb ever developed in the west was 25Mt, and it was never tested, the largest tested one was a 5Mt that got outa control and cooked off at ~15.

Later on it became all about the MIRV tech, rather than going to all that effort to blow up shit that's a mile underground, carpet it with the same total force but spread across the surface like a blanket.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Actually Rhett, I watch the exchange rate every day as it comes to my mail box. The dollar has been on steady decline since 2000. It has peaked a couple of times but it is dropping. In 2000 it was 47 Thai baht to the dollar. Now its around 33.5. I've been using XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site as my converter for years. My pay check has devalued by over 25%.
I was talking about USD vs CDN.... I'm not sure of the others as that's the only one I use lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:22 PM
7c Forever

the softwood lumber treaty hurt you at all Rhett?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Junior I think Rhett's wife would have something to say about him having soft wood
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
the softwood lumber treaty hurt you at all Rhett?
All that did was put money in the hands of the manufacturers

We all paid a high duty on materials coming over the border for a few years while they figured it all out... (about 3 years or so) then when it was all said and done, the people shipping material over the border were the ones to get the majority of the money back. For example if they collected 5% duty for three years and then the courts decided it was only 2% needed to be fair to all.... the producers that were collecting 5% for three years cashed out.

I know of two personal friends that are sitting in their easy chair because of this. It was total BS... but what can you do.... nothing.

This was millions of dollars to the larger companies and even some smaller ones that shipped a lot of material over those three years.

Basitds..... lol

But to answer you question... it didn't hurt anyone here in the US other then the people at the retail level buying the material and paying higher prices. Being a middle man (wholesale) it was just a matter of passing it along to the retailer.

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 AM
7c Forever

yea that's about what I figured. It was seriously unpopular up here. I don't really have an opinion on it, doesn't really effect me but I figure you can't call in international arbitration and then have a temper tantrum when they make a call you don't like

But ya, the big company will always end up winning, and the little guy will always lose.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode