Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Australian PM talks about immigration...

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

This man should be appointed King of the World.
Truer words have never been spoken.
It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Austrilia's beliefs.

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 AM
FAsT BOYS

very nice. too bad all of the dumbfucks around the rest of the world dont think like him.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
I have ofter thought of moving there. Good to know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Good Man. I'd vote for him in my country.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Whomever wrote that load of drivel for him should take a course in logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron
who have sought freedom
and then goes on to talk about inherently limitating freedom... you are free to choose from the following options... which is not freedom, but some vague notion of conformity...

i guess i'm well within my australian-born, english-speaking, christian-raised rights to call him a 'fucking wanker'... though i doubt my dubai-born, arabic-speaking, muslim-raised friend shouldn't enjoy the same right?

patriotism is not xenophobia, but i love how most folk can't separate the two precepts

oh, now it all makes sense... was figuring a speech writer would know better than to espouse that drivel...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/oh-ke...0303-8nhz.html

prejudices are what fools use for reason

Last edited by Lord_Phat; 11-15-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post

and then goes on to talk about inherently limitating freedom... you are free to choose from the following options... which is not freedom, but some vague notion of conformity...

i guess i'm well within my australian-born, english-speaking, christian-raised rights to call him a 'fucking wanker'... though i doubt my dubai-born, arabic-speaking, muslim-raised friend shouldn't enjoy the same right?

patriotism is not xenophobia, but i love how most folk can't separate the two precepts

oh, now it all makes sense... was figuring a speech writer would know better than to espouse that drivel...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/oh-ke...0303-8nhz.html
Well it's a hell of alot more freedom compared to where they came from. (Obviously otherwise they wouldn't have moved) So maybe they shouldn't bitch!

Or.......Leave. Life isn't perfect.

These are the same cock suckers that would get a Beautiful (free) home from Ty Pennington, Curtousy of Extreme Home makeover, then bitch because they didn't get the 50" Plasma they really wanted to see in the living room.

Alot of people out there have it much worse than the stupid shit they're "whining" about.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
BabyEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Well it's a hell of alot more freedom compared to where they came from. (Obviously otherwise they wouldn't have moved) So maybe they shouldn't bitch!

Or.......Leave. Life isn't perfect.

These are the same cock suckers that would get a Beautiful (free) home from Ty Pennington, Curtousy of Extreme Home makeover, then bitch because they didn't get the 50" Plasma they really wanted to see in the living room.

Alot of people out there have it much worse than the stupid shit they're "whining" about.
you're about as cogent as the ficticious rudd speech... you complain about complaining? how the hell is that a remotely compelling stance?

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
you're about as cogent as the ficticious rudd speech... you complain about complaining? how the hell is that a remotely compelling stance?
How am I complaining?

Because I expressed my opinion on the subject?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:

and then goes on to talk about inherently limitating freedom...
Real or fictitious I don't see how the fundamental message in that 'load of drivel' is in anyway Xenophobic although this sentence is surely confusing the two - Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

Xenophobia, as I'm sure you're aware, is an unwarranted and baseless fear of anything or anyone foreign but if you look past the first few sentences to the underlying message, this is merely addressing the concept that if you choose to move to a country you should accept that country, it's beliefs, traditions and values. Or at the very least you shouldn't bitch about them as you were the one who chose it, not the other way around.

Accept of course isn't the same as adopt.

It doesn't sound to me as if anyone is being denied the right to have their own beliefs, values and lifestyle but if you find the beliefs, lifestyles, traditions etc of your adopted country so offensive then perhaps you should go somewhere else. After all, if you really find Christianity offensive then perhaps you shouldn't move to a predominantly Christian country.

If you don't like Thai food - don't move to Thailand.

Seems straight-forward enough to me and if you've ever been to Canada where they no longer are allowed to say the Lord's Prayer in school for fear of offending some minority group but where Sikh students are allowed to carry Kirpan - ceremonial daggers to class, you would recognize political correctness gone mad.

I say 'Good on yer' to any political figure with the balls to stand up for his country, its citizens and their way of life against overly vocal minority groups who figure that the country must change and adapt to their way of life or be accused of being racist and oppressive.
Even though apparently Rudd actually didn't.

When we moved to Canada we didn't expect everyone to start calling each other 'mate' and eating fish 'n' chps out of newspaper just because we'd arrived. We didn't write to complain to our MP's about the extensive baseball coverage and the lack of real 'football' on the t.v. We didn't take offense to the Lords prayer at the start of the day even though we weren't really religious.

The basic message here is this 'be willing to accept and adapt and we will accept you and your beliefs but don't expect us to adopt them - you came to us not the other way around'. We will accept you but your arrival isn't going to change our culture, our lifestyle or our heritage.

I don't see a problem with that.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 11-15-2009 at 08:06 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 07:12 PM
7c Forever

Lords prayer hasn't been in school here since I was a tot, and I'm glad of it. A Sikh student can carry a Kirpan, and a Catholic student can wear a rosary. But we don't play religiously affiliated shit over the P.A. system or push any religion on the students from any figure of authority. Same as it's illegal for a policeman carrying a gun to ask for donations, even if it's to charity.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Lords prayer hasn't been in school here since I was a tot, and I'm glad of it. A Sikh student can carry a Kirpan, and a Catholic student can wear a rosary. But we don't play religiously affiliated shit over the P.A. system or push any religion on the students from any figure of authority. Same as it's illegal for a policeman carrying a gun to ask for donations, even if it's to charity.
The argument could be made that allowing that Sikh student to wear his dagger and turban is affording him the right to express his religious freedom that is being denied to the larger Christian population who would perhaps like the Lord's prayer to be included in a morning address.

I'm not religious so I could give a s**t about the L.P and I'm certainly not making that argument - just sayin'...

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
7c Forever

yea the difference is one is coming from figures of authority and one is students carrying religious icons. Completely different things imo. If the christian kid wants to say the lords prayer in the morning, go ahead. There's nothing stopping him/her. It's just not gonna come from the schools P.A. system as there's kids that are going to that school that are from all kinds of religions. I'd feel the same if the prayer was any other religion for that matter. If you want a kosher education, go to a religiously affiliated school. If you can't afford to it sucks to be you, welcome to capitalism.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
BabyEater

Quote:
then bitch because they didn't get the 50" Plasma they really wanted to see in the living room.
Quote:
How am I complaining?

Because I expressed my opinion on the subject?
much like the folk who are expressing their opinion about their home makeover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
The basic message here is this 'be willing to accept and adapt and we will accept you and your beliefs but don't expect us to adopt them - you came to us not the other way around'. We will accept you but your arrival isn't going to change our culture, our lifestyle or our heritage.
are you a member of the borg?

assimiliation, in any practical sense, becomes a symbiosis... this isn't through any political edict, it's merely an extension of basic human interaction...

your lifestyle and culture will shift for many reasons, throughout your lifetime, with cutural melting pot type reasons playing some part, i'd say... to expect it not to change is a barely fathomable stance...

Quote:
yea the difference is one is coming from figures of authority and one is students carrying religious icons. Completely different things imo. If the christian kid wants to say the lords prayer in the morning, go ahead. There's nothing stopping him/her. It's just not gonna come from the schools P.A. system as there's kids that are going to that school that are from all kinds of religions. I'd feel the same if the prayer was any other religion for that matter.
exactly!

my personal beliefs, whether majority/minority/silent/vocal, should not be foisted onto anyone as a political or educational decree...

then again, it's a slippery slope between belief and truth... and i'll start vanishing off into revisionist history, darwinian proofs and other fun topics to pull apart from varying philosophical viewpoints...

my cats breath smells like cat food

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:35 AM
FAsT BOYS

here is what offends me the most. im happy im not in/from britain

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
here is what offends me the most. im happy im not in/from britain

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Geeeez that's a whole other subject/thread

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
FAsT BOYS

hahaha sorry. i thought it was kind of the same because the tards in the video want the rest of the country to fall in line with thier wishes instead of the other way around.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
are you a member of the borg?

assimiliation, in any practical sense, becomes a symbiosis... this isn't through any political edict, it's merely an extension of basic human interaction...
I absolutely agree that it becomes a symbiotic realtionship primarily from a sociological / societal standpoint not from a governmental one and unless I'm missing the point completely that is what the original post was also addressing.

My interpretation of it is essentially this. We will accept you, your beliefs, lifestyle and culture so long as you accept ours. Don't start screaming about intolerance and oppression just because we don't believe in your 'God' are quite content to speak English and don't all start praying to Mecca.
You came to us not the other way around.

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
7c Forever

Spoken from an immigrant that's trying to tell born Canadians that they're too lax in immigration.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
much like the folk who are expressing their opinion about their home makeover...
That about put me in tears from laughter.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Spoken from an immigrant that's trying to tell born Canadians that they're too lax in immigration.
What?
How did you come up with that argument?

That's not even close to what I'm saying. And just so as we're clear here I'm a Canadian citizen - I pay taxes and paid Unemployment insurance and Health insurance while I was working in Canada, I bought a house, raised a kid and worked for nearly 20 years full time in Canada.

I'm not trying to say that Canadian immigration laws are too lax. Show me where I said that. However I do believe that people who come to Canada / Australia wherever should try to accept the country they are moving to and not expect it to be just like the one they left. The whole concept of moving somewhere and then complaining about it and trying to force change by bleating on and on about how you're being repressed is completely repugnant. The people who pull that crap are the ones who make everything worse for all the immigrants who are quite happy to go about their business and are thankful for a new home that is for the most part accepting and tolerant.

Last edited by Yamahuh; 11-16-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode