Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

they are supposed to work for us

by Andrew Napolitano

FOXNews.com

We elect the government. It works for us. As we watch the Democrats' plans for health care take shape, we can only ask how did our government get so removed, so unbridled, so arrogant that it can tell us how to live our personal lives?

Last Saturday, at 11 oíclock in the evening, the House of Representatives voted by a five vote margin to have the federal government manage the health care of every American at a cost of $1 trillion dollars over the next ten years.

For the first time in American history, if this bill becomes law, the Feds will force you to buy insurance you might not want, or may not need, or cannot afford. If you donít purchase what the government tells you to buy, if you donít do so when they tell you to do it, and if you donít buy just what they say is right for you, the government may fine you, prosecute you, and even put you in jail. Freedom of choice and control over your own body will be lost. The privacy of your communications and medical decision making with your physician will be gone. More of your hard earned dollars will be at the disposal of federal bureaucrats.

It was not supposed to be this way. We elect the government. It works for us. How did it get so removed, so unbridled, so arrogant that it can tell us how to live our personal lives? Evil rarely comes upon us all at once, and liberty is rarely lost in one stroke. It happens gradually, over the years and decades and even centuries. A little stretch here, a cave in there, powers are slowly taken from the states and the people and before you know it, we have one big monster government that recognizes no restraint on its ability to tell us how to live. It claims the power to regulate any activity, tax any behavior, and demand conformity to any standard it chooses.

The Founders did not give us a government like the one we have today. The government they gave us was strictly limited in its scope, guaranteed individual liberty, preserved the free market, and on matters that pertain to our private behavior was supposed to leave us alone.

In the Constitution, the Founders built in checks and balances. If the Congress got out of hand, the states would restrain it. If the states stole liberty or property, the Congress would cure it. If the President tried to become a king, the courts would prevent it.

In the next few weeks, I will be giving a public class on Constitutional Law here on the Fox News Channel, on the Fox Business Network, on Foxnews.com, and on Fox Nation. In anticipation of that, many of you have asked: What can we do now about the loss of freedom? For starters, we can vote the bums out of their cushy federal offices! We can persuade our state governments to defy the Feds in areas like health care -- where the Constitution gives the Feds zero authority. We can petition our state legislatures to threaten to amend the Constitution to abolish the income tax, return the selection of U.S. senators to state legislatures and nullify all the laws the Congress has written that are not based in the Constitution.

One thing we canít do is just sit back and take it.

Judge Andrew Napolitano is Fox News' senior judicial analyst.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/...losi-congress/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
7c Forever

this pres sucks... the one before him sucked... the one before HIM sucked, and the one before HIM sucked.

Basicly gotta go back to a time I was a toddler till there was one that was half decent.

Perhaps a 2 party system isn't so awesome.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

agreed
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Gang Green

posting anything from fox news undermines your entire post.
I quite disagree with your point of view on healthcare, but thats fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

hahaha
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
posting anything from fox news undermines your entire post.
I quite disagree with your point of view on healthcare, but thats fine

Fox news seems to be the only one that talks about it which is sad that CNN, MSNBC, etc... they fill their days saying Republicans suck and Fox News is the Enemy, Britney Spears showed her Vagina, Balloon Boy's Parents are evil...

Yes it's news but do you need to spend your entire 2 hour show on it Anderson Cooper?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
this pres sucks... the one before him sucked... the one before HIM sucked, and the one before HIM sucked.

Basicly gotta go back to a time I was a toddler till there was one that was half decent.

In Canada the multi party system really sucks. We have the Consertives and the lieberals, NDP socolist party, the seperatist block party from quebec. and the green party, no seats but still funded by the tax payer?
FYI: we the taxpayers of Canada fund all elections to the tune of Approx $500 million every time.
They currently share power with a Consertive minority. However when ever the cons try to do anything the other parties form a colation and try to call themselves a majority.
this leads to nothing being done.
SOOO IMHO the two party system is much better.

Cheers

S.Myers
85 & 88 GSXR 750
02 GSXR 1000

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

just my opinion but regardless of stated party ALL of them have forgotten they work for us. i believe everything they do is for their own good, power, or money.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRmyers View Post
yup, that's why I kinda like it. Keeps them from making a nuisance of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
just my opinion but regardless of stated party ALL of them have forgotten they work for us. i believe everything they do is for their own good, power, or money.
You're 100% correct on that. I think when politics get outside the human scale the politicians tend to think of it just as a job. Hard to feel a whole lot of allegiance to people you've never met. And that goes both ways.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRmyers View Post
In Canada the multi party system really sucks. We have the Consertives and the lieberals, NDP socolist party, the seperatist block party from quebec. and the green party, no seats but still funded by the tax payer?
FYI: we the taxpayers of Canada fund all elections to the tune of Approx $500 million every time.
They currently share power with a Consertive minority. However when ever the cons try to do anything the other parties form a colation and try to call themselves a majority.
SOOO IMHO the two party system is much better.
I think it actually works pretty well. the conservatives propose some legislation, but need at least one other party on board for it to pass. The other parties say they will support it if you make "X" changes. The conservatives change policy to make one of them happy, bill passes.

Situations like last year when the opposition parties all banded together to try and form a coalition and take power are rare. Most times they will just defeat the government and we then have another election.

It's certainly not perfect, but I think it gets better bills through then a two party system where they rarely ever work together.
The parties compromise and I think we are usually the better for it. It can be abused just to slow stuff down, but overall I think it's good.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post

I remember one that was half decent and some fooker shot him in the head..!

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:06 AM
7c Forever

ya come to think of it, the good ones have pretty much all been shot.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 11:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

Once again..... BIKE FORUM

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode