Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

the weak ass bowing again

bitch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obama bowing.jpg (2.6 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

in saudi

bitch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowsaudi.jpg (3.2 KB, 36 views)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Bloody hell....straighten your back and look 'em sqaure in the eyes..strewth.

You know there are some things that the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth should not do...!!!! crikey and I'm an Aussy saying this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:05 AM
7c Forever

I don't see it as a big deal, the Emporer of Japan is a religious figure really. I think "the Pope of Japan" would be a more accurate term for him. I'm sure he'd bow to the Dalai Lama or the Pope too.

There's a lot of legitimate things to be pissed at him over but I don't think this is something worth losing sleep about.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Gang Green

what junior said.
In other cultures, bowing is similar to or handshake. When you are meeting someone from another culture, you tend to try and respect their customs if they are not offensive to your customs.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 AM
7c Forever

the part you're missing is that the emporer of Japan has no political power whatsoever.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
what junior said.
In other cultures, bowing is similar to or handshake. When you are meeting someone from another culture, you tend to try and respect their customs if they are not offensive to your customs.
how come the custom is a one way street then. to me its like he is subjugating not only himself but all americans
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
how come the custom is a one way street then. to me its like he is subjugating not only himself but all americans
The other cultures all shake our leaders hands too, which is not necessarily something they normally do. I don't get why you think him showing a sign of respect is somehow subjugating all of you?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM
7c Forever

Etiquette wise, it's pretty standard to bow first and then shake hands. Particularly when you're on turf that bowing is standard.

If you're on turf where handshakes are standard, you're more likely to see them bow and shake hands at the same time. But being as he's a religious figure and not a political one I think it'd be standard to bow first.

If I was him I'd have bowed to the Emporer. To the Prime Minister of Japan I'd do the handshake while bowing routine.

You can see he's actually doing the handshake while bowing routine which is kinda going both ways, it's not standard Japanese etiquette to shake hands. You'll note also tho that Barry's bowing lower than Akihito.

That said I haven't had a toooon of etiquette training on this, there was a course I took in school about this kinda shit tho.

Just as some FYI tho guys, Emperor Akihito is a hell of a figure, this guy was a teenager during the firebombings of Tokyo and the nuke attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Even as that shit was going on tho he made sure he was taught western customs and languages, and in his lifetime Japan went from an isolated island at war with China, to being involved obviously in WW2 and all kinds of war crimes, to being one of the biggest exporting nations in the world. I mean to put it in perspective, at the time he grew up, trade in and out of Japan was EXTREMELY limited. Like basicly just guns and battleships coming in for steel going out.

Obviously in his time their economy has exploded, and since the surrender, the role of the emperor has changed massivly. His dad Showa(like the shocks) was pope/christ's second coming/king of the fucking world all rolled into one. Now he's pretty much just the pope. Which still isn't a bad deal but Akihito took it really well and worried a lot more about the opinions of the people and making sure they know what's going on than about running the place. It's not often that a King turns over control to the people and doesn't bitch.

So ya, I'd have bowed and I wouldn't have shaken hands while i was doing it, if only as a "thanks for helping put WW2 behind us and allowing both of our countries to move on from that."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Ya know what's funny about his trip to China.

The Chinese censored his speach and didn't broadcast it live to the nation. He was talking about how everyone needs freedom and liberty they cut all that out even on the online transcript..

What a joke he is

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
The other cultures all shake our leaders hands too, which is not necessarily something they normally do. I don't get why you think him showing a sign of respect is somehow subjugating all of you?
did either the saudi or the japanese bow to him? i cant stand the guy but when he travels abroad he is doing so as a represenative of the US. i wouldnt bow to anyone
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
i wouldnt bow to anyone
which would make you an extremely poor representative

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
which would make you an extremely poor representative
im ok
with that
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
7c Forever

hehehehe, I didn't figure you'd lose any sleep over it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
hehehehe, I didn't figure you'd lose any sleep over it.
haha i cant help it. just like the religious stuff.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
7c Forever

nothing wrong with Joe Citizen wanting to stand tall and proud imo.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
No Crying Allowed

Want to know what's funny?

THIS IS A MOTORCYCLE FORUM

Fuck him and all his crap.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode