Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Get what system but ready the problem 1st B4 you answer
Get the 360 5 62.50%
Get the wii 1 12.50%
they both suck and get a PS3 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
wii

Anyone have one and can POSITIVELY tell me it is a great game system for the kids and family. Here is the delema.

My XBOX360 took a shit and got the 3 rings of death so to say. It would cost approx 150$+ to send in and repair the 360. I am missing it for sure. We have budgeted to either get the wii or a new 360.

Since we have the 360 and many games and already 2 controllers. Buying the new system would give us the 3rd controller(we have 3 kids. 4 and twins almost 3y/o boys) and all the hi def connections already too.

OR! Get the wii and spend the $$$ for the extra controllers we are going to need and get a few games and get the 360 later?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beavisr1; 12-08-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Gang Green

if you have kids not into their rebellious teenage years, the Wii is great. I got mine back at launch (standing out in the freezing cold for hours), and while my wife and I don't use it that often, when we do it is loads of fun.
For kids, the games are excellent. There are also adult shooter style games, just not as many, and they don't look as pretty since the Wii is standard def, not high def.

Some great games:
-Mario Party 8
-Mario Kart
-Wario world
-Super Mario galaxy
-Raving Rabbids (1, I didn't like 2 as much).

I'm probably forgetting one or two,I'm not home to check right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I say stick with the 360. You must have an "OLD" 360? One of the first batches? I've never heard of any of the newer 360's getting the "ring of death"

Let's see, 150 to fix an old one and possibly have it happen again, or get a brand new one for 200 and not have to worry about it.

Buy a new 360 since you already have the games and controllers. 360 to me is going to be more fun for the family anyways. Lots more to do. Media Center, Music, lastfm, NetFlix, gaming, all sorts of fun stuff for kids.

That's just me. Get what is going to make you and YOUR family happy.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I just bought a Wii at Walmart for xmas got a $50 gift card too.. Got Mario Cart, Wii Play, and it comes with Wii Sports.

BUT!!!!!!!!

Wii Play was $49.99 came with an extra controller (classic games like duck hunt, pool, pin pong, etc...)
Regular Controllers are $39.99
Wii Motion Plus controllers are $49.99 (more accurate, newer games utilize it)
Nunchuck is $19.99 (some games require cuz you need to use 2 hands)

so
Conservative
$199.99 for the Wii a controller, nunchuck and Wii Sports
$49.99 for Wii Play since it gives you an extra controller and a game
$19.99 for a nunchuck
$269.97 + taxes

What I did (2 Games, 3 extra controllers, 1 extra nunchuck, and 1 extra wheel) was pricey!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
the 360 is bringing out more kid games in the future, also most adults play the 360 for the mature games and the online gaming. Most people i know that have a fam dont even play the wii much, and use the xbox 80% more of the time. 360 you can use for family time too, watching movies thru netflix, playing arcade games for the kids, listening to music.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
I don't think there is a real answer to your question. I have a Wii and enjoy it time to time. We have plenty of games for it, but if you are into graphics and game play I don't think the Wii is for you. With the HD cables for the Wii ($19.99) the maximum resolution is 480p and there really isn't much of a selection of games. Although you can still get games like Madden '10 and NHL '10. IMO I think even though the Wii is good for that type of game play it doesn't match up to the Xbox or PS3.

I play the crap out of the Mario line up and very much enjoy the time I play them. We have Wii fit and that can be fun also, but it pisses me off more than enjoy it.

I think the best answer is to chose what you are looking for. If you want to have a console to play just games and to get your fat ass off the couch and do some work at it, I would say the Wii is for you.
If you want more than one option get a PS3 or another Xbox 360.

And on a side note, If anyone wants to get schooled in Mario Kart or any other of the Wii games send me a message.

My Mario Kart ID# is 455 3260 6691
or my console ID# is 6656 4945 4505 5309

Last edited by R6Flyby; 12-09-2009 at 09:02 PM.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
We have Wii fit and that can be fun also, but it pisses me off more than enjoy it.
I wanna see that?
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
I enjoy the 360 and sitting my fat ass on the couch and having a beer and killing fools online on COD modern warfare and cant wait to get the now modern warfare. But I am trying not to think of myself and get the kids something they would enjoy as well. I know there are games on the 360 that the kids can enjoy. I have the Ice Age game and they like it but its just one player. I am still torn. The wii will be an investment again in another gaming system or just replace my xbox and get some more games the kids can enjoy.

Decisions Decisions....

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
this is coming out in fall 2010 for xbox 360.. makes wii look old

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 AM
jimmy crack corn

when I was buying the ps3 over the xbox I read an article about the reasons the ps3 is more expensive than the competition .
It sold me .
I recently read that there was a survey of xbox owners showing a 56% 3rod failure rate. and a 25% reoccurrence of those with original problem.
Microsoft has a very high recidivism rate especially when you take into account the amount of people who just drop out after the real bad taste xbox put in thier palate .

I have heard some of the xbox's sent back only get some dielectric grease and a reset . I would not go for that.
I would only get the xbox fixed if it were free. (ms is doing a warranty for 3years because they know there is a problem just incase you didn't know)
I use my ps3 to stream movies and watch blue ray movies . having it for as little gaming as I do would be a waste. lol

the wii does nothing for me , but I realize how much fun people seem to be having . I just didn't get that much of a thrill from it.

I think the xbox has problems because it was built with price in mind rather than the customer .

ps3_news.jpg

In an interview with Japanese site PC Impress Watch, Sony’s Ken Kutaragi said that because of the power of the Cell processor and the RSX graphics chip, PlayStation 3 will use a custom cooling solution, with heat pipes. Heat pipes conduct the heat much faster than conventional cooling, and are commonly used to cool high-end PCs. Kutaragi also said that:

“We’re spending a lot on heat and electromagnetic interference (management). The power supply could almost be sold separately.”

Confirming the rumors that the PS3 will need a large power supply, presumably bigger than the ones found in modern PCs.

David

Last edited by macattack; 12-10-2009 at 05:48 AM.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Well in Microsoft's defense, as I said earlier, the current XBox's don't seem too have the issue anymore. I can't say for sure but I know when the 360 was first released there were quite a few issues with the (Ring of Death). But I don't know of anyone with a NEWER XBox that has had any issues. I think it's BS though that they are charging people to get the issue fixed. That should definitely be taken care of free of charge.

I will agree that it's a very nice PLUS that the PS3 has the built in Blu-Ray Player. As far as streaming goes, you can do that on the XBox as well. You can stream through NetFlix, and as of most recently, Stream through Zune and even BUY movies through Zune.

Like I said, both of them have their pros and Cons. I have seriously been considering buying a PS3 as well though. If not for gaming, at least for the Blu-Ray Player alone.

Anyways, back on topic as far as Beavis is concerned. You can't really go wrong with any of the systems.

It sounds to me like you wan't a machine that your kids can enjoy more than yourself. In which case the 360 will do just fine. I'm sure the PS3 as well but I can't say for sure as i don't know what games are out for the PS3. But for the 360, there are plenty of games that your kids can enjoy, and that are 2 player. Plus you will be able to enjoy it yourself. Where as the Wii, your kids would enjoy as well, but I don't think you would. But that's just my opinion.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

And just because macattack posted a pic of the PS3.

This is my system. I have the Halo Edition XBox 360 with Wireless, Intercooler, 2 wireless controllers, battery charger, Chat pad, and headset.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xbox360_halo.jpg (36.6 KB, 0 views)
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Ass Cramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I wanna see that?
Me get pissed at Wii fit, or Wii fit?

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

I want to see you freak out and get all pissed as your working out with Wii fit. That would be a good video to put on YouTube.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I want Mario Kart and Mario Brothers that's the reason I want a Wii... Mario Kart is one of the best games to play when you are hanging out at the house with some friends drinking..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Ass Cramp

Quote:
I want to see you freak out and get all pissed as your working out with Wii fit. That would be a good video to put on YouTube.
My thoughts on Wii fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I want Mario Kart and Mario Brothers that's the reason I want a Wii... Mario Kart is one of the best games to play when you are hanging out at the house with some friends drinking..
Mario Kart is still fun to play. My brother acts like it's crack, calling me up to come over and spend all night playing.
If you ever want a challenge hit me up. I can put the smack down.

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
7c Forever

lol, that video is awesome.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
lol, that video is awesome.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
And just because macattack posted a pic of the PS3.

This is my system. I have the Halo Edition XBox 360 with Wireless, Intercooler, 2 wireless controllers, battery charger, Chat pad, and headset.
Matt is your intercooler working okay? I got one from a buddy of mine, new in the box and it won't power up, whatever I try!?

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Matt is your intercooler working okay? I got one from a buddy of mine, new in the box and it won't power up, whatever I try!?
Yeah mine works fine. But I honestly don't use it anymore. If you wan't mine you can have it. Just pay the shipping.

If it's new in the box though couldn't you just return it?

Not sure why it wouldn't work. It's pretty much plug and play so if it's not working either it's just defective, or POSSIBLY it's not plugged in all the way. But I doubt that. Let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode