Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Kindel Book?

Was wondering if anyone has one, or knows someone who has one of these and how do they like it?

Amazon.com: Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6 Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation): Kindle Store

My GF LOVES to read and I know she would love this. But wanted to get some feedback on the product first if possible.
Matt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:05 PM
No Crying Allowed
 
R1Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 20,229
   
I have heard good things about them.... but I do all my reading on the net so I have no use for one. lol



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R1Lover is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I have heard good things about them.... but I do all my reading on the net so I have no use for one. lol
Same here man. The forums are about as far as I go when it comes to reading.

But she reads a TON. We have a damn Library in our house. And it would be nice for her, and for me, if she had this so then she could just buy the book and store it on this little nifty device. That and when a book first comes out that she really likes, she won't have to worry about spending 25 bucks on the hard covor, she can just DL it for 10 bucks.

Thank's for your feedback Rhett.
Matt is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Squid Assassin
 
Max1775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Helotes, Texas
Posts: 39
 
My helper uses one and really likes it. He reads a ton of books and it probably saves him quite a bit of

07 GSXR 1000
Max1775 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Faster and Better
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,560
 
Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
all the new phones have kindle apps being developed for them. no reason when u can have it on ur phone
Hellbound is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
all the new phones have kindle apps being developed for them. no reason when u can have it on ur phone

Other than a phone doesn't have a 9 inch screen.

And she would need to get a phone that would support that anyways, which would probably end up costing more in the long run versus just buying the kindle.

Last edited by Matt; 12-23-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Matt is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Rollin in my 5.0
 
beavisr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The track........
Posts: 3,628
 
Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Other than a phone doesn't have a 9 inch screen.

And she would need to get a phone that would support that anyways, which would probably end up costing more in the long run versus just buying the kindle.
You dont 9 inch anything :ROFL

I was going to get it for my wife but its 300+ bones

Best buy had a book reader for 179. its a sony get that one.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beavisr1 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
You dont 9 inch anything :ROFL

I was going to get it for my wife but its 300+ bones

Best buy had a book reader for 179. its a sony get that one.
Don't worry, I already gave your wife 300+ of my Bones.
Matt is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Rollin in my 5.0
 
beavisr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The track........
Posts: 3,628
 
Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
PRS-600 | Reader Touch Edition | Sony | Sony Style USA


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beavisr1 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Ass Cramp
 
R6Flyby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 44 53' N 93 13' W
Posts: 2,153
 
Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
I bought one for my girl on her birthday. She loves it. I like it because it saves space and gets her out of my hair for awhile

The only thing she does not like about it, is that it takes the romance of the books away,( i.e smell, touch).



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R6Flyby is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Flyby View Post
I bought one for my girl on her birthday. She loves it. I like it because it saves space and gets her out of my hair for awhile

The only thing she does not like about it, is that it takes the romance of the books away,( i.e smell, touch).

Sweet, thank's a lot for posting. I think I've decided to just get her one.


That's great Beav, but where is this $179.00 you speak of? Because I'm seeing $300.

Last edited by Matt; 12-24-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Matt is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Rollin in my 5.0
 
beavisr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The track........
Posts: 3,628
 
Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Sweet, thank's a lot for posting. I think I've decided to just get her one.




That's great Beav, but where is this $179.00 you speak of? Because I'm seeing $300.
Best buy but I am sure its too late now


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beavisr1 is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
Best buy but I am sure its too late now
You stupid whore!
Matt is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Ass Cramp
 
R6Flyby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 44 53' N 93 13' W
Posts: 2,153
 
Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
I chose the kindel because her sister also has one and made it easier to trade books with her and it holds more books in storage compare to the sony. They make pretty cool skins for it also. Amazon has free downloads on some books also. Your girl will like it.
R6Flyby is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Old and fast...
 
Older Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Posts: 955
 
I have a Kindle 2 which I bought last Feb at $379....I think it is now selling around $259 directly from Amazon....

It is a terrific product....it allows you to download samples of books you can read a chapter or two and then decide if you want to purchase them or not.

There are a lot of FREE books available (mainly classics),

I get the LA Times downloaded instantly every morning at 5:30 am and that runs $10 a month...and the newspaper has NO advertising on the Kindle.

You can buy books and read them on your computer or Kindle or both and a phone application exists for the i-Phone....other phones are coming....

Most books cost $9.95 and are downloaded instantly.

You can also download and work with Word docs on it too.

I have found that I read more now and have discovered some new authors that I previous had no knowledge of due to the Kindle users reviews of all books listed on the device...you can check out any author and any book, and read other readers reviews of each book.....and they try a free sample...

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS

Last edited by Older Guy; 12-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Older Guy is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Serbian Jew Double Bluff
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,036
 
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy View Post
I have a Kindle 2 which I bought last Feb at $379....I think it is now selling around $259 directly from Amazon....

It is a terrific product....it allows you to download samples of books you can read a chapter or two and then decide if you want to purchase them or not.

There are a lot of FREE books available (mainly classics),

I get the LA Times downloaded instantly every morning at 5:30 am and that runs $10 a month...and the newspaper has NO advertising on the Kindle.

You can buy books and read them on your computer or Kindle or both and a phone application exists for the i-Phone....other phones are coming....

Most books cost $9.95 and are downloaded instantly.

You can also download and work with Word docs on it too.

I have found that I read more now and have discovered some new authors that I previous had no knowledge of due to the Kindle users reviews of all books listed on the device...you can check out any author and any book, and read other readers reviews of each book.....and they try a free sample...
Wow, Thank's for the comments man. Much appreciated.

I still have not boughten one yet, but very soon I will be buying one for the GF. It's nice to hear reviews on products and also what they can and can't do.

Thank's again.
Matt is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your favorite BOOK? No1stunner Anything Goes 22 10-21-2007 08:21 AM
it just reminds me why i dont like her Snair Anything Goes 16 03-09-2007 03:05 AM
MotoGP: Yellow Flag Penalty from the Rules Book! valerossi Racing 11 10-19-2006 04:31 AM
Book pugwash Anything Goes 7 02-22-2006 05:12 PM
think you're smart and going to book shit in advance for 06? wiredout46 Racing 7 07-29-2005 01:23 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome