Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Season just starting

Another dumb ass ruining a good start to the riding season

ELK MOUND, Wis. -- The Wisconsin State Patrol says troopers arrested a Minnesota man after he fled from them on his motorcycle at more than 130 miles per hour Saturday night.

Sgt. Mike Melgaard with the Wisconsin State Patrol says at 7:06 p.m., other drivers called to report a speeding motorcyclist passing other vehicles erratically on I-94 near mile marker 32 in Dunn County.

Melgaard says a short time later, a trooper saw the motorcycle and clocked it going 98 miles per hour. That trooper tried to stop the driver, but he fled and started a pursuit. Melgaard says the man was going faster than 130 miles per hour before exiting east onto State Highway 29 near Elk Mound.

The trooper caught up and read the Minnesota license plate on the bike as he exited. After a short pursuit on Highway 29, the trooper ended the chase.

Melgaard says the State Patrol was told around 8:30 p.m. that the 22-year-old Rochester, Minn., man might be at the 29 Pines travel center in Chippewa County, trying to get a ride from other drivers. A trooper arrived and found the man had hidden his coat and helmet behind a bush.

Melgaard says the man fled on food and the trooper chased him and caught him. Because the man was resisting arrest, the trooper wrestled with him and then used pepper spray.
A Chippewa County Sheriff's Department deputy arrived to help and together, they handcuffed the man. Melgaard says the man had a cut lip and scratches from wrestling with the trooper. The State Patrol had an ambulance respond to the scene to treat the man, but he refused help. Melgaard says he was then taken to the Chippewa County jail and booked in on speeding, knowingly fleeing an officer, resisting and obstructing an officer and felony bail jumping.
Melgaard says around 11:25 p.m., a trooper found the man's motorcycle hidden behind a business building about a half mile south of 29 Pines. The motorcycle was damaged on the left side and was leaking oil, so it was towed from the scene.
The State Patrol has released the man's name, but it is KARE 11's policy to generally not name suspects until they face formal charges.

Source: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=847081

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Yup, heard this on the news as well. Not far from me.

Also saw another chase last night on Clairemont Ave. involving a sport bike. Saw it with my own eyes out my patio door. Heard tons of sirens, looked out my patio door and saw headlights flying down clairemont (about 100 yards from my house) thinking it was a cop, but I didn't see any police lights. Then realized it was a sport bike that was flying by, then a couple seconds later saw 6 cop cars come flying by.

So that makes 2 so far and it's only the beginning of April. I haven't heard anything on the news about it which is kind of weird.

So stupid to run. Man up and pay the price.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby

ROCK FALLS, Wis. - It's been a deadly weekend for motorcyclists in Wisconsin, with three people killed in crashes Saturday.
A 27-year-old Eau Claire man who owned his motorcycle for less than 48 hours was killed when he hit a semi truck near Rock Falls in Dunn County. Authorities say he crossed the center line on Highway 85 and hit the truck.
A Minnesota woman died after a motorcycle she was riding on was hit by a car in Wisconsin's Pierce County. Authorities say 50-year-old Lori Sobania of Oakdale died at the hospital from her injuries.
In Lafayette County, authorities say 40-year-old Wayne Gollmer of rural Darlington died after losing control and hitting a fence. Gollmer wasn't wearing a helmet.
And another person has life-threatening injuries after two motorcycles collided in Dane County. That victim had surgery Sunday and his or her condition is unknown.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
They obviously forgot the one on highway 93 where a man riding a Harley lost control and died. NOT wearing a helmet. I rode right past this one shortly after it happened.

I just heard about the Rock Falls one today from my GF. She grew up there and she said the guys name sounded familiar. Probably someone she wen't to school with.

Then there was another accident last Wednesday in Chippewa, where a guy came to a T intersection and didn't stop, and wen't into a building. He also wasn't wearing a helmet but he DIDN'T die.

I heard that from my sister because she was the one that saw it and called it in.

As you said Flyby, it's only the middle of April and already, WAY to many accidents, and deaths. It's not even spring yet for christ sakes.

I understand people are excited to get out after the long winter but for fucks sakes, slow down and pay attention. You'd think after hearing of the first 2 accidents people would get a clue.

Oh that's right I forgot, it's NEVER gonna happen to them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode