Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Andersson Silva 2 66.67%
Demian Maia 0 0%
BJ Penn 0 0%
Frankie Edgar 0 0%
Matt Hughes 1 33.33%
Renzo Gracie 0 0%
Terry Etim 0 0%
Rafael Dos Anjos 0 0%
Kendall Grove 0 0%
Mark Munoz 0 0%
Alexander Gustafsson 0 0%
Phil Davies 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Ufc 112

So who do you guys think will win this week end?
Will Silva and Penn reign supreme or will we have an up set in any of the match ups?

Alexander Gustafsson will fight in the OCtagon again and it will be interesting to see if he can win as he did in Manchester.

EDIT. ARggghhhh!! Fucked up the poll. Can anyone make it a multi poll?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gustav O; 04-08-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

im taking silva. maia is good, but not good enough in my opinion...
penn i beleive will win also. those are the only two i can comment on. matt hughes... well i hope he is getting some good money, he is just too damn old

K7 GSXR 750 Track, 08 CBR 1KRR Street, 00 YZ250 Dirt
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

I have to agree with you. Silva and BJ are just to good for these guys. Silvas takedown defence is good enough to stop Maia and if he cant get him to the ground and submit him I dont think he can compete with Silvas stand up.
Edgar is scrappy but looking at BJs fights since his lost to GSP he has been very good.

I hope Gustafsson can knock Davies out becuase I dont think his ground game is good enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I'd like to see Gracie kick the crap outta that cornbred di*khead Hughes.

I don't think Edgar stands a chance against BJ but would love to see him win. I thought Sanchez was going to be way more of a handful for BJ than he was. I really dislike BJ but must admit that he's a level above everyone else at that weight class.

Silva or Meia?
Meia has outstanding BJJ but if Silva keeps it on the feet he has the skill to make it a quick fight. Nate Marquardt knocked Meia out very quickly and look at what Silva did to Forest Griffin - KO'd him while going backwards with a quick jab. The guy has ridiculous talent.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Abusin' the scooter

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

Dana White walked out of the main event in embarrassment due to Anderson Silva's performance. He won the fight dominantly in the first 2 rounds but was completely disrespectful towards his opponent in round 2 and 3, mugging,clowning like - quite honestly - a schoolyard bully.

In rounds 4 and 5 he ran away in circles and was warned by the ref. Even though he was obviously superior he refused to engage Maia in rds 4 or 5.

Dana White called it a disgrace, 'the most horrible thing he'd ever seen' and an embarrassment, he gave the belt to his manager and told him to put it on Silva because he refused to do it. Silva burnt a lot of bridges for and with Dana considering it was UFCs first time in a new market (Abu Dhabi)

In other news BJ Penn got outworked and outscored by Frankie Edgar, I don't think Edgar is a better fighter but he simply never stopped working - let's see how long he can keep it. Much as I dislike him, I reckon BJ will have it back soon.

Cornfed beat Gracie by punishing him with leg kicks until he could barely stand, literally knocking him down with leg kicks, another embarrassing fight from the family that created Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Dana said that he is not interested in seeing Silva v GSP after that performance his actual words were that 'Silva doesn't deserve it'.

Check out this site for fights and news

MMA Video Blog: MMA Scraps

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Abusin' the scooter

In the aftermath of UFC 112, the company’s first foray into the Middle East, the media and the fans should be discussing Silva’s record-setting sixth straight defence of the 185lb crown and raising the question of who can stop him. Instead ‘The Spider’ is being vilified, not glorified. We have been here before.

Last April, following on from a disappointing defence against Patrick Cote, Silva’s main event showdown with Thales Leites was booed out of the building in Montreal, with some considering it the worst title fight in UFC history. Fast forward 12 months and boos were again in the air as Silva took a unanimous decision win over Demian Maia.

Having dominated the opening two rounds ‘The Spider’ began to prance around the Octagon, screaming at Maia to hit him - even going as far as to hit himself. In the fourth he did nothing, and in the fifth referee Dan Miragliotta got so sick of the behaviour that he went as far as to warn Silva that he would deduct a point if it continued. It was a farce and White was furious.

The straight-talking UFC president was conspicuous by his absence as Bruce Buffer confirmed Silva’s victory. Usually in the middle of the Octagon waiting to wrap the belt around the waist of the champion, White was so disgusted by Silva’s actions that he had already walked out to the post-fight press conference.

In that time he will have no doubt been pondering what to do with Silva. A long-haul flight back to Las Vegas will also give him chance to think. But what options are available to White?

TAKE SILVA OFF TV. White has mentioned that the UFC could consider relegating Silva to non-televised fights on future events. After all, who is going to want to put down their cash, particularly in this financial climate, to watch a fighter that is not actually going to fight? And would this actually bother Silva?

GSP. Prior to and throughout the erm… fight Joe Rogan repeatedly stated a win for Silva would set up a showdown with dominant welterweight title-holder Georges St-Pierre. Should Silva be rewarded for his display with a contest that MMA fans have talked about for years? Can they trust Silva not to start acting up again during a fight with a man considered by many to be the promotion’s ‘Golden Boy’? Do people even want to see this fight happen now?

CHAMPION VS CHAMPION. Silva has fought at light-heavyweight and has also expressed an interest at going all the way to the heavyweight division. He has stated in the past that he does not want to face friend and training partner Lyoto Machida, the reigning light-heavyweight champion. However, should Mauricio Rua take the belt in May then this may be a fight that could reignite some fire in Silva. And one thing is for certain if he wants a crack at the heavyweight title, Silva certainly would not be able to taunt Brock Lesnar in the same way he did Maia. Just ask Frank Mir!

RELEASE HIM. Would White be so bold as to make such a statement? I think it is highly unlikely that he would be willing to hand the man that he has called the best in the world to a rival promotion such as Strikeforce.

LET HIM FIGHT ROY JONES JR. Silva has wanted a showdown with the former world champion boxer for quite a while now but White has always vetoed the possibility of this happening. Maybe it is time to let Silva have his own way. However, Jones’ recent record is hardly impressive and the risk of one of the world’s finest mixed martial artists losing to a past-it boxer may be too great.

DANCING WITH THE STARS. Hey, if the guy wants to dance about for 25 minutes then this show will suit him down to the ground. Silva appears to have the grace and rhythm to make him a real contender, and he seems happy to leave it to the judges!

So there are just a few things that may be going through White's mind at 30,000-plus feet... well, maybe not the last one but that was for entertainment purposes. It will be an interesting few months in the world of Dana White, Anderson Silva and the Ultimate Fighting Championship... more interesting than three out of the Brazilian's last four outings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode