Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Who will win at UFC 127?
BJ Penn 1 50.00%
Jon Fitch 1 50.00%
Michael Bisping 2 100.00%
Jorge Rivera 0 0%
George Sotiropolous 1 50.00%
Dennis Siver 1 50.00%
Ross Pearson 1 50.00%
Spencer Fischer 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Ufc 127

UFC 127 is tomorrow and I'm curious to see who you guys want to win - must admit it hadn't really captured my attention as I think BJ Penn (as awesomely talented as he is) is a whiny bitch - but his destruction of Matt Hughes shows that he is still one of the best in the world when he's in shape and not making excuses.

Bisping v Rivera.
This should be a barn burner. Lots of bad blood - mocking videos on Youtube from Rivera and an 'in your face' 'finger pointing' weigh in earlier today.
Personally I think River is very dangerous but that he's a bit scared - Bisping is very talented and has a very underrated ground game. He's very capable off his back but lacks the power that Rivera displays. Still Bisping is from just outside Manchester - near where I grew up - I hope he doesn't let his heart rule his head because of Rivera's b*s*.

George Sotiropolous v Dennis Siver.
Two very talented fighters (although Sot has one of the strangest body shapes of any fighter in the division if not the whole UFC) Siver has awesome KO power especially with that spinning heel kick - Sotiropolous is very well rounded and is on an 8 fight winning tear. Hard to call this one...

On the undercard there's a very interesting match up between Ross Pearson and Spencer Fischer - both very talented and energetic fighters with great power and good ground games.

Whaddayall think??

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

No-one cares eh?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:27 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I think Penn is kinda of a tool but a good fighter.. Beating Hughes I think is nothing special Hughes hasn't fought in a long time before that fight (I think).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
I think Penn is kinda of a tool but a good fighter..
Exactly -

SPOILER

SPOILER

Pearson def Fischer
Siver def Sotiropolous (unfortunately lost my video feed during this match but still had audio - sounded exciting)
Bisping def Rivera (good fight but almost stopped by an illegal knee thrown by Bisping in first round - I'm sure Rivera will use this as an excuse for losing but I bet Bisping really enjoyed laying it on 'El Conquistador's' melon)
Penn v Fitch = majority tie and a kinda boring fight.

Breakout new fighter has to be some scrawny guy from China who took exactly 48 seconds of the first round to put a heavily muscled American opponent to sleep - a sweeter (and faster) guillotine choke you will probably never see.

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Exactly -

SPOILER

SPOILER

Pearson def Fischer
Siver def Sotiropolous (unfortunately lost my video feed during this match but still had audio - sounded exciting)
Bisping def Rivera (good fight but almost stopped by an illegal knee thrown by Bisping in first round - I'm sure Rivera will use this as an excuse for losing but I bet Bisping really enjoyed laying it on 'El Conquistador's' melon)
Penn v Fitch = majority tie and a kinda boring fight.

Breakout new fighter has to be some scrawny guy from China who took exactly 48 seconds of the first round to put a heavily muscled American opponent to sleep - a sweeter (and faster) guillotine choke you will probably never see.
Where you watching on the Web or did the PPV cut out?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I watched the card, it was alright.

Can't stand The Count BTW

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I was watching a stream off a website I luckily found after the video cut out during the Sot v Siver fight. got back in time to see Bispings fight and the yawner between Fitch and Penn.

Biga - I think Bisping is awesome - calls it like it is - fiercely proud of hs country and can (usually) back up his yapping in the ring - with the notable exception of the Henderson fight where he came away looking like an idiot. Rivera was way out of line with his defamation campaign against Bisping however I will fully admit that the knee to the face was a stupid move and could have cost him the fight. Still - like I said earlier - bet it felt real good...

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM

Penn was a dissapointment. Siver was a beast, and Fitch fought as I expected. I knew Penn wasnt going to pull it. He's to lazy with his training compared to the other athletes

My mods are ghey...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yup - and he's a whiny bitch...

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

For those that are interested - Fallout From UFC 127 - Bisping V Rivera:

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory
(an interesting choice of words from the guy whose near victory over Anderson Silva will forever be marred by testing positive for steroids)

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping will face disciplinary action for his behavior following his UFC 127 win, UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting.
White said he has yet to make a decision on whether Bisping will be fined and/or suspended for his actions, but confirmed that he will be subject to some punishment.

This writer pretty much sums up my opinion too-

After the fight there was no exchange of pleasantries. Bisping spit at Rivera's camp, blaming them for their part in the offensive videos, and continued yelling at Jorge in the cage. Across the internet, indignation came fast and furious. Me? I liked it. We need fights like this, legitimate and not manufactured grudge matches, to breathe life into the sport. I certainly enjoyed it more than the technically superior but dull Jon Fitch.

Rivera, hopefully, learned an important lesson last night. Opponents used to be scared to death to talk trash to Michael Jordan. The Chicago Bull great would eviscerate anyone for the slightest perceived disrespect. Michael Bisping has a little bit of that in him too. Fitch is a great points fighter. But sometimes that's not enough. Sometimes I want to see passion, anger, and emotions boiling over. That's what Bisping gave us last night. The sport needs a bad boy or two and Bisping's the best we've got.

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 AM
don't read this

Interesting seems like a severe grudge match was sprouted last night..

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Unfortunately now Bisping has a bunch of guys gunning for him and I don't get it.
He is a talented fighter and talks no more trash than anyone else in the game - Lesnar got in Mir's face, spit all over a camera and badmouthed the sponsors - Koscheck faked being hit by an illegal blow to get his opponent penalised (surely as bad as delivering an illegal blow). Fighters are human and Rivera talked a lot of shit which Bisping didn't respond to prior to the fight - then when he beat his ass he went a bit over the top, immediately recognised his mistake and appeared contrite.

Chael Sonnen was suspended for 'having higher than normal' levels of testosterone after fighting, and losing to Anderson Silva - who the fuck is he to sit on the moral high ground? Seriously, a guy who is being prosecuted for laundering money through his real estate business is casting aspersions and looking down on Bisping for gettin carried away after winning a fight against a retard who insulted his heritage, his accent, his fighting and his family.

OK he should get a slap on the wrist for the spitting but the rest? Calling Rivera a loser and kneeing him in the face - worse things have been said and done intentionally or otherwise by a host of fighters who are now sitting back and wagging their fingers.
Rivera deserved every thing he got - it's too bad Bisping didn't arm bar him and hang onto it until he heard the snap..

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
Penn was a dissapointment. Siver was a beast, and Fitch fought as I expected. I knew Penn wasnt going to pull it. He's to lazy with his training compared to the other athletes

Keep in mind, Penn is small for that division. Gsp and Fitch all sit in the 180-200 lbs before cutting water weight. Penn doesn't cut any weight and has to put on lbs to even have a chance in that division. Anyone who has trained and fought would know having 15-20lb of extra weight pushing, grabbing, and laying on top of you is a challenge. Look at Lesnar, he only dominates because of his size. He lays on top of guys and just pounds them out. Penn also has fought for 10 yrs, he only has a few years left before he will retire

Quote:

OK he should get a slap on the wrist for the spitting but the rest? Calling Rivera a loser and kneeing him in the face - worse things have been said and done intentionally or otherwise by a host of fighters who are now sitting back and wagging their fingers.
Rivera deserved every thing he got - it's too bad Bisping didn't arm bar him and hang onto it until he heard the snap..
I agree, Rivera was being a dick. He deserved it and his camp. They want to complain now about Bisbing being disrespectful but they don't seem to realize what they did to get him like that. Bisbing is a great fighter, he backed up his smack talk and shut up Rivera's camp. I thought it was freakin funny

Last edited by Hellbound; 03-01-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Seeing as how you mentioned Lesnar - why TF is he a coach on the next season of TUF?
what does he bring to the table that an up and coming young fighter would want to learn? His ground game is basic at best, his striking isn't bad but - like you said - most of his victories have come due to his size. He only beat Randy Couture because he happened to get lucky and club him with one of those massive fists. When he's been in with a fighter he couldn't dominate with his size he's been unimpressive. Carwin was unlucky to gas out and I give Lesnar credit for weathering that first round but Velasquez destroyed him . Mir? Well, as much as I like Frank he talks a great game but seriously underestimated Lesnar. The last time he looked good was when he ran through Big Nog with some serious striking.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Faster and Better

well it seems Dana White is starting to go to the WWE route. He knows he can make money and advertise the UFC with Lesnar's fame. Lesnar is one of the most popular fighters in the UFC. Its a shame but it's how it goes with the UFC these days. Right now I'm currently enjoying Strike Force Heavyweight Gp. Alot of great fighters.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Seriously? Lesnar is that popular? Nobody I know can stand him....course I could say the same about Bisping...

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Faster and Better

yeah. he draws some of the biggest ppv buys. Kinda of sad huh. When he fights they market it on wwe.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Maybe that's partly due to so many people wanting to see him get his ass kicked - I know that's why I watch his fights - man I was bouncing around the room when Velasquez took him apart.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Seriously? Lesnar is that popular? Nobody I know can stand him....course I could say the same about Bisping...
I don't like him and I thought he should have lost the Carwin Fight.. he Turtled up and they should have called it but then he got so lucky with a submission it was ridiculous.

Shane Carwin

Of course I like him too because he is from CO..

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Faster and Better

just so you guys know. theres fights on tonight on versus. Its diego sanchez vs martin kampmann

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode